1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

Trading Asik for a NON-PF

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dakeem1, Nov 25, 2013.

1. hoopstar39

hoopstar39 Member

asik for courtney lee, brandon bass, and some picks (maybe some 2nd rounders)

2. Remii

Remii Member

Taj is the reason Chicago has been wanting to move Carlos for the past two years... He's only coming off the bench because of circumstances.

Trading for LMA and Love is a pipe dream... I understand many Rockets fans think we have players everyone wants _ like when they thought we had the best trade package to offer Orlando for Howard when we didn't (LOL..!!!) but we don't have enough to trade for those guys. I don't think New Orleans is concerned about moving Anderson... Gordon, Holiday, and Evans _ they have to clean that mess of a backcourt up first. And I'm not positive that Atlanta will move Milsap at least not for Asik... They would just be moving a much better player to fill a need that won't make them championship contenders.

I think upgrading the starting 3 spot is the easiest and more realistic move they can make... Also upgrading the point guard spot which could be just as easy as inserting Lin into the starting lineup... Or just upgrading the bench...

And I think trading for Rondo is a pipe dream too. Boston will wait until he's healthy and get a kings ransom for him. Just like with LMA and Love _ we ain't got enough...

3. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Asik for Milsap IMO is definitely on the table and just makes too much sense for both sides.

I'd love to see an incoming of Deng and Milsap for some package of Asik, DMo, and likely Jones as well. Might be tough to make the salaries work but you'd have great depth on the wings and Parsons would get minutes at PF behind Milsap.

4. wadero

wadero Member

How about getting Turner from Philly and say a Thad young. Turner and Lin off the Bench give us two scoring options and gives not only Harden a break but also gives us a decent PF if Jones starts to fail.

5. Play07

Play07 Member

He was benched for sleeping against the players not rotating, Henry was eating him up, he may be past his prime

6. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Terrence Ross and their 2014 #1 pick w/a top 3 restriction. Let's face it. The Rocket's roster is pretty much set. We can't find minutes for Greg Smith and D-Mo now, so why go out and bring in more players to create dissention.

D-Mo and Greg Smith can rotate at backup 5, depending on the matchup but as of right now, the only thing we need is a backup wing who can score and play some "D". I can not see Morey continuing to pay $30M at one position, so Asik is going to be dealt but the only position we do not have enough depth is the 2.

7. Frank Drebin

Frank Drebin Member

Trade Asik for a lottery pick. What teams? Possibly Charlotte, Atlanta, Milwaukee, New York (not sure when Tyson is a FA).

Let D-Mo be your back up center. The guy has the drive and love for basketball it takes to succeed and he's not getting any better defensively sitting on the bench. Lin and D-mo PnR off the bench would be deadly. Camby may come back in time, Fab Melo got cut by Boston is an optoin, and Dikembe looks pretty good in those commercials :grin:

Cole Aldrich anyone?

The other option is keep Asik, but he's too valuable to keep as a 12-15mpg backup.

1 person likes this.
  8. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Bucks get Rondo + Donatas.
    Celts get Asik + Lin + Henson
    Rockets get Green, Udoh, Neal

Backup defensive C, capable 2-way guy who can play 2-4 (Green), capable defender at the 2/1 (Neal)

Couldn't do it until Dec 15 though.

9. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Trade him for a lottery pick, or trade him and brewer for Lee, faverani and a pick.

Would love to have lee on this team. A wing that can play defense finish and shoot off the bench would be nice. Faverani could compete with Greg smith and dmo for back up big minutes.

10. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

And you don't disturb the team chemistry.

11. Pokito1120

Pokito1120 Member

I am a believer in T Jones...he isnt a superstar but he is a skilled PF. The Rockets need to leave this guy at the starting 4 and trade Asik for maybe a late 1st rounder. Some of you alls deals are so unrealistic. The one with Asik for ZBo made me laugh.

12. DuDDleyDawsonII

Otis Thorpe for Drexler wasn't that bad lol

13. Play07

Play07 Member

Tell em