1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ramadan 2013 is upon us!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by mugrakers, Jul 8, 2013.

Tags:
  1. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I am "impressed" by the "tolerance" displayed in this thread :rolleyes:. Might have to be in D&D.

2. SK34

SK34 Member

Hakeem Olajuwon was at masjid just a while ago. I think he goes every morning.

3. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Contributing Member

I presume you're referring to the trolling goofballs interrupting an otherwise harmless thread, right?

4. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I am referring to this:

Especially the last one.

"Either you interpret the religion as strictly as I do or I will insult you and threaten you."

5. rhadamanthus

Coming into this thread just to be a dick and criticize religion is deserving of funny retorts regarding a certain poster's last thread pertaining to his sexual stupidities.

As for the latter...meh. Whatever. Ain't nothing unique about that style of thinking despite your usual implication.

Undoing the derail - went to a reasonably impressive Iftar last night. The one this evening should be epic from what I understand. I'll report back later if I'm not in a food coma.

2 people like this.
  6. Jontro

Jontro Member

Aside from food, what exactly is impressive? It's just food and prayers. If it's the food... pics or gtfo :grin:

7. rhadamanthus

Well..it was a lot of food. And a lot of people. Quite the social gathering.

I suppose, having never been to one before, it was just interesting to observe.

8. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

BYOB?

9. Yonkers

Yonkers Contributing Member

Much respect for the ability to do this. Especially during the hot humid Houston summers that start from 5am to 8 pm.

1 person likes this.
  10. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

1 person likes this.
  11. Yonkers

Yonkers Contributing Member

Boston Globe has the most amazing photographers... for whatever event there is.

12. dmc89

dmc89 Member

I've bookmarked that site solely for the great pictures. Photojournalism is underrated.

This summer isn't as bad as 2011. That was quite challenging in that heat. Also, I encourage all non-Muslims to attend these iftar dinners. Community bonds have always been made over food, which there will be plenty of at the dinners. :)

13. rhadamanthus

lol no. But man that was some serious eating. I'm not understanding how muslims are "fasting" when they chow down like this every night. lol

Still...props to the guys doing it. The high here today is about 115F so fasting during the day is serious business.

14. Jontro

Jontro Member

Actually those who take "revenge" by stuffing up like pigs in the evening are missing the whole point of fasting. It's funny how many actually GAIN weight during the month of FASTING. But it's their business I guess.

15. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

16. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Day 2 was a little easier than 1, I am hoping that since Day 3 is a Friday, Allah will bless us with ease! InshaAllah may everyone have a blessed and easy Friday.

17. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

What does Ramadan Kareem mean? I heard some people saying it, but didn't know the meaning. Is that for the start of Ramadan only? How does one wish a Muslim a happy Ramadan ongoing now? Trying to be culturally sensitive.

18. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Ramadan Kareem literally means Happy Ramadan. You can say that at any time aswell as Ramadan Mubarak. At the end of Ramadan when we have Eid (Holiday) in which we say to one another Eid Mubarak (very similar to Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, etc.). Hope this helps!

19. Buck Turgidson

Not the only ones missing things.... ;)

20. Saado

Saado Member

<iframe src="//instagram.com/p/bm0XrHIWrw/embed/" width="612" height="710" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" allowtransparency="true"></iframe>