1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jefferson and Josh Smith

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by slickricky, Apr 21, 2013.

1. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

how cool/good would Jefferson and Harden be defending the pick n roll

2. slickricky

slickricky Contributing Member

how cool/good it would be seeing teams defend jefferson and hardens pick and roll?

3. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

So what you are saying is if we need a guy to put up numbers while we are getting blown out, Jefferson is our guy.

4. slickricky

Center efficiency rating has Al Jefferson in the top 5 and that is with guys like Al Horford and Anderson Varejao in front of him

http://www.nba.com/statistics/playe...itScope=GAME&qualified=N&yearsExp=-1&splitDD=

Al is sooooo underrated... everyone on this site always overvalues our players.... I LOVE Asik's effort night in and night out but he is not a top 10 center... Josh Smith, Al Jefferson and James Harden will give us 3 top 10 players in their respective positions. I would say Harden is still top 3 Jefferson is top 5 and Smith is top 10

I truly believe
    Jefferson
    Smith
    Parsons
    Harden
    Lin

Can win a series against
    Perkins
    Ibaka
    Durant
    Thabo
    Westbrook

5. slickricky

no what im saying is Asik is overrated (all our players but our best player Harden are overrated on this site) Jefferson wanted to be in the playoffs so bad he was playing his heart out... it has nothing to do with being blown out... most of you kick and scream about how amazing M. Gasol is and he is a great player but when a guy like Jefferson out plays him it goes unnoticed

#25 slickricky, Apr 21, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2013
  6. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

This is interesting. I'd do it. Or if available, sign Smith and then sign and trade Asik+assets for Pekovic (who's a restricted FA). I'd love Smith/Pek frontline. Smith/Al seems more realistic though and it would be interesting as well.

7. slickricky

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/VUqi7P2bF28" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

look at him eat alive the world champion Miami Heat.... The heat will be champions until the rockets rise up and take it from them

8. slickricky

and against the thunder

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/-ACW90AfF1c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

dont tell me you dont like what you see

9. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

I agree, Big Al is greatly underrated and I would love to have him. However, getting him and Smoove would be tough. Then we can't sign a significant bench guy, like a wing stopper. How about Tony Allen and Smith?

10. slickricky

want to work on our bench as well... however I think the Hawks would jump at the opportunity to have Asik/Trob/DMo for J.Smoove, rather then losing him for nothing... with Asik they can move horford to the 4 spot and work on fixing their backcourt they also have a ton of FA cash and can sign a guy like monta ellis with a guy like brewer or T. allen giving them

Asik
    Horford
    T. Allen
    Ellis
    Teague

That is top 5 in the east

11. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

Look the fact you mention Jefferson means you know nothing about our offensive system or front office.

Jefferson is a ball stopper he doesn't pass it and slows down the team pace. Whether you like the offense or not that is our system. Jefferson will never be a part of this team. Howard can play the way we play and give us that post option when we are forced in half court set .... So can love. Those are the "type" of bigs we will sign. Period 0 chance on Jefferson.

Everyone is wasting time and brain cells even discussing it.

12. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

I could see this. Smoove and Big Al are such sharp contrasts, they would be an interesting pair. Randolph-Gasol and Gasol-Dwight would be the only frontcourt duos that are better/equal.

13. slickricky

I agree...

14. slickricky

so with your logic we better fire Mcfail and hire Mike D'antoni... he is the best running coach right? and that is the direction of the front office right? Big picture man things change and front office views adapt to growth opportunities

15. hubeijames

hubeijames Member

Asik is not overrated. Ignorant posts like yours show that he somehow continues to be underrated.

As you can see in the per-posession stats, are average is defense. That's because our defense is near the top of the league whenever Asik is on the floor, and near the bottom league whenever he's on the bench.

And you're not even bagging his offense, you're trying to say he's overrated on defense??? :rolleyes:

16. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

i wouldn't go that far -- but yep, it could be a very interesting pair.

17. IgotNext

IgotNext Member

I don't want just josh smith...... If he and Iggy both came then I would be happy with the josh smith pick up( that would be some defense and parsons could be 6th man, main scorer for second unit).... But I wouldn't trade away Asik. So i guess it wouldn't happen. Maybe another guy who has a similar contract though.

I really think/hope We get Howard.

18. IronicMan

IronicMan Member

EFF: NBA Efficiency Rating: Pts + Rebs + Asts + Stls + Blks - FG missed - FT missed - TOs

Such a terrible stats.

I wouldn't want my center shooting 51.3% TS with terrible defense and sticky hands (black hole) when the league average center shoots 54.4% TS. His only seemingly, redeeming quality, rebounding, is not what I say beneficial to the team. When he's on the court, the team's DRB% is 73.1% and TRB% is 48.1%. When he's off, the team's DRB% is 73.3% and TRB% is 55.5%. Oh, did I mention he plays terrible defense?

I feel sorry for any team that want Al Jefferson as their first or second option on offense. Personally, I wouldn't want him on the team, unless he plays for the minimum. Even if it's a possible scenario, I'll be looking to use him as a trade chip and school other GMs instead of him on the court.

19. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

Oh man, could you imagine Iggy and Smith?!

Lin
    Harden
    Iggy
    Smith
    Asik

It doesn't make sense finacially, but hell, that would be beast.

20. Ehter

Ehter Member

I haven't seen him play that much (he is a Jazz after all), but can Jefferson play foward?

Asik/Jefferson as our frontcourt.