1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Derrick Rose is like the town in Footloose

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by kevC, Feb 28, 2012.

1. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Some people have to chop on others because it makes them feel better about themselves. Makes no sense at all to criticize Rose for this.

2. SPF35

SPF35 Member

It is funny how some people simplify one characteristic to anothers argument to disclaim it. First of all, Shaud, apply to Fox news you can relaly do well with that type. Does dancing mean you don't want ot win? no, but there is an overall mentality that dwight and lebron shy away not just from the responsibility and criticism, but some of the big moments and want some more comfort, cushion with who is around them. they both also want to be loved and critisized and get credit but not any hate, they seem to love the centeer of attention but not hte good and bad that anyone in that position are.

It was more about many thigns that they have done and said rather than just this dancing.
    Yet Rose and kobe, Rose even says he can dance so he must like it, but with basketball there fun isn't smiling and dancing, its the immersion and progression to wards getting that ring that they flourish and satisfy themselves. I'd rather have that on my team than these goofballs(ofcourse these goofballs happen to be the most athletically gifted and among the best players in the league, but still doesn't change taht their mental game is slightly off)

3. roksoer

roksoer Member

exactly

they look like the biggest douches in the world

has anyone seen the miami heat player introduction video, that's the most awkward thing i've ever seen in my life

4. kikimama

kikimama Member

Reminding you of Kobe is a bad thing? Wow, I wish I could even be in the same sentence with Kobe.

So if he didn't make millions doing what he loves, he's not allowed to smile?

5. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

Yes, it's a bad thing if we're talking about personalities. Kobe is a well-known fake douchebag.

And yes, that is exactly what I said. All poor people should be miserable. :rolleyes: Kobe nuthuggers have the worst logic ever. "You like peanut butter? That must mean you hate everything that is not peanut butter!"

6. Franchize

Franchize Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ZczejHLBaG4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Derrick Rose in highschool. He got moves!

7. Shaud

Shaud Member

How do you know Derrick Rose is faking? I mean is it impossible for him to be naturally laidback and quiet?

8. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

Not saying he's faking, he just comes off that way. Kobe I KNOW is faking.

9. HombreDeHierro

the dancing is just a symptom of a larger problem

they don't have the battle spirit. that basketball, although just a game, is very serious when it comes down to winning the toughest of games (championship games)

LeBron wishes every game was an all-star game

10. Shaud

Shaud Member

I don't think Rose and Kobe have the same personality on or off the court. On the court Rose is still more quiet and lowkey. He doesn't really go at it verbally with other players. Kobe has gotten into it on the court with numerous of players physically and verbally. I have yet to see that with Rose so far.

Off the Court Rose threw one of the biggest b-day parties in the off-season something Kobe probably wouldn't do. I don't even get what you think Kobe is faking. It's not like he is hiding behind some type of wild party character or anything. Rose and Durant is more of a comparison than Rose and Kobe in terms of personality.

11. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Derrick Rose just seems naturally like a quiet, introverted guy. And he's not going to be pressured into behaving in a way that he's not comfortable with.

Personally, I can relate to that, and I'm totally cool with it.

12. Nook

Nook Member

LeBron and Howard seem to think of themselves as entertainers or ambassadors, Rose views himself as a basketball player without distraction.

13. Jontro

Jontro Member

I went clubbing with a group of friends once. They all got a chick and danced on the dance floor.

Not my thang. I just stood and watched the whole night.

14. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

LOL this is funny. Good one.

15. nachbarFTW

nachbarFTW Member

D Rose is the man. I thought those other guys looked like dumbasses anyway.
    Would Dom Draper dance? No.

16. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

There is no problem either way. Dance, don't dance, who honestly gives a f--k?

17. heartofachamp34

You can't be serious. I suppose you were a fan of Lebron and his silly 'class picture' and chalk throwing antics back in Cleveland? Or maybe Howard's half court shot practice at shootarounds? Oh let's not forget LeDecision and the 'not 7 championships' parade.

If empty showmanship is what gets your jollies off, I don't think basketball is your thing. Perhaps you should be a fan of the circus or something. SMH at these classless players and fans these days.

1 person likes this.
  18. ruhroh

ruhroh Member

I just watched that vid like 10 times. Thanks...

19. tchou

tchou Contributing Member

you mean this?

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/rJhdYb_LVwI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

20. marky :)

marky :) Member

If that was the Rocket's player intro, I would be embarrassed.