1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yao to miss at least another 2 weeks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by The_Yoyo, Nov 19, 2010.

1. HangTime

HangTime Member

Its a bruise, can't u play with a bruise? Dang NFL goes out every play and tries knock people out and surely sustains a bruise...they still play. :rolleyes:

Can't hurt the ankle any more, so go out and play...not like yao can move fast anyway...he can just stand there n get in the way like normal and maybe get lucky n not get his hook shot blocked by PG's. ;)

2. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

Do yall think when he comes back they will scrap all his limitations and play him 30 ish minutes on back-to-backs as well? They talked about lifting it in Dec, and talked about it even sooner when it was clear it wasn't helping the team. I hope they do because although we need to give Yao time to get comfortable we can't keep losing without him.

3. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

4. RyanB

RyanB Member

everyone understands that Yao's era is over (including Les), but for financial reasons they'll keep him but not at a max contract
    they must look for a top 5 player to build around for the next decade

5. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Absolutely, a bummer. Reality is much harder to accept than imagining things as they should be.

My sour mood this morning pretty much reflects what has transpired this early in the season. Yeah, some kind of special season.... sigh

6. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

I feel sorry for Yao because he's such a good guy overrall, but this is why I said the rockets should move on. This is a farce and it wouldnt surprise me is something else comes down the pike. I hope I'm wrong big time,but the rockets are kwown to attempt to be misleading when it comes to yao.

7. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Raven, at $17M, more like a chainball.

8. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

9. jevjnd

jevjnd Contributing Member

That's not what we have to look forward to because he won't get another sizable contract. If :Yao comes back it will be at a reduced role and at reduced pay; I don't think that even he wants that.

10. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

"On the bright side, an exam showed that the surically-repaired bone in his foot is healed and structurally sound"

You guys need to lighten up. We just need to win a couple games, and when we get an even healthier Yao back in two weeks, along with Aaron Brooks, we can make a push. Now If Daryl can score us a Stephen Jackson, we will be good!!!

Don't jump off the wagon yet false fans!!!!!! Nevermind, by all means, JUMP!

11. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

I don't know why but I got bad feeling about this, I think there is something that we don't know.

12. happyricky

happyricky Contributing Member

Maybe because the Rockets is working on a trade now.

13. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

We got Rid of Tracy i'm crippled M,cGrady now it's time to get rid of the bigger crippled Yao i'm done Ming.

14. JimRaynor55

JimRaynor55 Member

This sucks. It really, really sucks. I've been a Yao fan from the start, and I continue to believe in him. But this **** just wears on you. He's one of the nicest guys in the league, extremely talented, and a true post up center. He ought to be contending for a championship, not spending every season injured. Such BS.

1 person likes this.
  15. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

same ole' same ole'

16. YallMean

YallMean Member

Seriously, how does Jones manage to keep his job?
    Something is up. One week, another week, at least another two weeks and more. Either Jones is a fraud, or Yao is done for the season. :mad:

17. spdngyns69

spdngyns69 Member

The fortune cookie has cracked. Now Rockets must read their faith.

18. rocketsmetalspd

This is getting old. I knew he would be out more than the 1 week the team had stated before. I hate to wait on Yao to come back and save the season 3-9 but just as the hate starts buildinb by Monday's game the team will come back and win the next two to quite the noise. The team needs a move to be done soon and not later before it is too damn late.

19. northeastfan

northeastfan Member

Yao has to be one of the most fragile players in the NBA. The slightest tap, and he's gone for anywhere from a month to one year. Hoping for Yao is just plain fools gold. We should ship him off and get someone who can play more than half the season.

20. spdngyns69

spdngyns69 Member

when do you draw the line? I mean at what point do you say enough is enough? I think rockets fan deserve better. Whatever the agenda is, shame on you Les.