1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is Jordan worse than Kahn?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Carl Herrera, Aug 6, 2010.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I know Jordan is an owner and Kahn is the GM, but I'm not specifically talking these guys personally, but the front offices they are a part of.

So, is the Bobcats' front office dumber than the Wolves' much malgined Kahn? I think there is a legitimate argument that they are.

ESPN's "future ranking" thing had Bobcats dead last, with a score that's only 1/2 that of the next worst team. Of course some of that you blame on prior owner, but Jordan was in prior management, too, and he really hasn't helped since taking over.

Sure they made the playoffs in the weak East, but I don't think they can get much better than a lower seed. They have a veteran heavy team with no discernable young talent capable of improvement due to coming up empty on recent drafts with lotto picks. Maybe Tyrus Thomas will do something for them. Not betting on it. And they gave up a first rounder to acquire TT, too.

They traded Chandler for Damp, Najera (2 years $5.4 mil), and Carroll (3 years, $11.7 mil). The money is actually a wash even if Damp gets waived. Maybe it's a bet that they can use the non-guaranteed Damp contract to get something great (like Chris Paul), but that only works if they do a deal before the seaosn starts (or else they have to start paying Damp every day at the $13 mil/season rate) and it sure doesn't look like there's a team looking to dump a star player during the offseason. Damp's deal becomes fully guaranteed on January 10, 2011, too.

I am thinking that Cuban made the correct bet here-- traded in Damp whose real value has an expiration date of the start of the regular season (unless you want to start paying him) for a better player whose expiring contract can be used at the trade deadline. I also think Cuban explored and exhaused all of the Damp possibilities and couldn't find a better deal. What makes the Bobcats more able to find a good deal for Damp?

1 person likes this.
  2. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

IMO Isiah Thomas is worse than those two.

3. coldsweat

coldsweat Member

I agree with the OP, the Bobcats have consistently been taking on mediocre players with long-term contracts (for example, Diop, Diaw and now Thomas). What are they thinking?

4. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

5. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

The players win the championships. Don't try to put the organization above the players.

-- Michael Jordan

1 person likes this.
  6. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

Bobcats had the #1 defense.. that has to be worth something.

7. amazinghappens

yea but the organizations bring in the players, that's what this thread is about

8. lionaire

lionaire Member

I actually really like the team that's been put together in Charlotte. Wouldn't really label it a serious contender, but it can easily be a solid playoff team considering they're in the East.

9. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I was trying to show how hypocritical Jordan was when he made that remark.

10. harees95

harees95 Member

Atleast jordans team can make the playoffs and they have some reasoning for their trades and draft choices. And they can atleast sell tickets

11. thething

thething Contributing Member

I put the Jordan and the Bobcats a quarter-step ahead of the Chris Wallace/Kahn/Isiah Thomas guys.

12. Raven

Raven Member

I put them all in the same gumbo of suck.

13. da_juice

da_juice Member

They say the better a player was at playing, the worse he is at managing(with few exceptions)

With that in mind, who decided it was a good idea to let MJ run anything?

14. Steve_Francis_rules

The Bobcats only ranked three spots higher in attendance than Minnesota. And their draft choices have been even worse than Minnesota's. The Wolves have just been drafting too many point guards, but at least they're not drafting complete garbage players like Adam Morrison.