1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NY Times Blog: Knicks talking Rudy Fernandez trade

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Clutch, Jun 23, 2010.

1. coldsweat

coldsweat Member

The man has a sweet stroke beyond the arc, especially when it matters.

2. dmenacela

dmenacela Contributing Member

No, he really is good. Just not great. Would be a nice fit in NY.

3. BasketballMind

BasketballMind Contributing Member

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/47VLce11WDM&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/47VLce11WDM&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/r3WSKgRf1xw&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/r3WSKgRf1xw&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Great fit in NY, great fit here???

4. BrownBeast99

BrownBeast99 Member

It seems like Portland wants draft picks in every single trade they make. They love stockpiling picks.

5. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Tmac of Spain!

6. valorita

valorita Member

I think he would be a great fit with our 2nd unit to change the pace of the game. Lowry/Fernandez/Chase would be an instant fast break.
    He would also be good insurance for the inevitable regular season injury to Kevin and Ariza.

I wouldn't be opposed to acquiring him and Portland's 1st for our #14 if we don't make any other draft day trades.

Is he good friends with Llull?

7. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Since it's being discussed...I'd probably rather live in Portland than Spain...but that's because I'm American. If I was Spanish, probably the opposite. General point being that Portland is a pretty nice city, too, and whereas even as an American I'd still rather live in Spain than, say, Jackson, Mississippi (sorry for any Jacksonians), I can't say that about Portland.

Anyway, give to get, right. Fernandez would fit well with NY, but Toney Douglas had a decent rookie season, too and probably wouldn't be enough to entice Portland and Wilson Chandler is probably better than Fernandez right now.

if the Knicks could get Fernandez for Douglas, it's a smart move that should improve their team...but I don't know if they can.

8. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If I could live anywhere on the face of the earth, Spain included, it would be on the coast of Oregon near Portland.

I get that that isn't everybody, but Portland is hardly the Seventh Level of Hell.

9. clos4life

clos4life Member

Exactly. Those who think Spain all that haven't seen the best it has to offer. It's kinda like coming to visit the U.S. in Oklahoma city and saying, "The U.S. is not all that." If you say that you haven't seen the best the U.S. has to offer.

Spain, at its best, IS all that.