1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2010 NBA Playoffs: Suns (3) vs Spurs (7)

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Juxtaposed Jolt, Apr 30, 2010.

?

Who wins?

1. Spurs in 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Spurs in 5

3 vote(s)
    1.8%
  3. Spurs in 6

57 vote(s)
    33.9%
  4. Spurs in 7

23 vote(s)
    13.7%
  5. Suns in 4

35 vote(s)
    20.8%
  6. Suns in 5

12 vote(s)
    7.1%
  7. Suns in 6

18 vote(s)
    10.7%
  8. Suns in 7

20 vote(s)
    11.9%
  1. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

It'll be quite a riot if San Antonio somehow lands Bosh for Ghost of Richard Jefferson and George Hill.

2. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

Tim Duncan sounds like Tiger Woods.

Richard Jefferson sounds like Tiger Woods after inhaling a ballon full of helium.

3. BrooksBall

It's a nice luxury for them to have a still pretty young Parker to go with a solid, up-and-coming George Hill. Hill either represents a tremendous backup or an excellent trade asset.

4. wingcommander87

WOW, the spurs do not even get one game. I seriously underestimated the suns bench and coaching staff. In the dantoni days, the suns played only 7 guys which is why they never broke through in the playoffs. But these suns have a nice combination of shooting,toughness, and energy from their bench that ultimately was too much for the spurs. Also the lack of 3 pt shooting by the spurs proved to be detrimental for them.

The lakers-suns series is going to be exciting. pulling for the lakers cause I hate the suns.

The spurs need to trade parker and get some shooters. I am amazed how fast TP has declined. couple yrs ago he lead all guards in pts in the paint and was one of fastest PG's in the game. But this yr he missed a lot of layups and was no where as quick as he was a yr ago. He is still a good player but spurs need more help in the shooting and big man area.

5. RoxTurk

RoxTurk Member

If Suns knocks Lakers out in the conferance finals I'll buy&wear a Suns Jersey writing Nash on it. This guy deserves a ring, lot more than Kobe and Lebron.

Overrated Who?

6. BrooksBall

Parker is still extremely quick and gifted at scoring in the paint and he hasn't even turned 28.

If his injury issues aren't too chronic, he still has several years of very good basketball in him at the same level he was at recently.

Wasn't it just last season that he carried the team on his back for several weeks?

7. apollo33

apollo33 Member

i feel really happy for the suns, after alll these years with the spurs ending their playoffs run, they finally get their revenge. how sweet it is

8. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Sadly that's only a dream.

The Suns have nobody to stop Kobe, Gasol, Bynum or Odom.

9. BrooksBall

Classy comments by Popovich about Nash.

10. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Oberto was pretty worthless but Pop has to be kicking himself over Jefferson. They have to pay him next year too and I bet nobody will take him in a trade until the deadline in February. But the Spurs just didn't have enough in the tank and lost to a better team, Jefferson or not.

Go Suns! I don't think it will happen, but please make the Finals. I remember the last time and it was great.

11. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

After watching the Rockets take them to 7 games without Yao, I have no faith in the Lakers. Not saying the Suns are the favorites by any means, but you can write them off.

12. steddinotayto

Oberto is done as a player but you can kinda say the same thing about Jefferson as well ;)

It's sad to think/coincidental that all three Texas teams featured a starting small forward that can't create his own shot, can't hit from deep, is inconsistent as a mid range shooter, and pretty much is a shell of his former self.

13. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

Frye's ability to draw a big man out to the 3 pt line will not be as effective with the Lakers, Odom will probably just cover him instead of Bynum or Gasol.

14. ItsMyFault

In all fairness, that series was based on the Lakers actually trying. This also isn't that Lakers team.

15. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

No one DESERVES a ring.
    Gotta earn it!
    Now he gets to do that . . .

Rocket River

16. NMS is the Best

It brings me great happiness to see the Spurs get swept. GO SUNS!! :grin:

17. johnnyonthespot

I would love to see the suns make it to the finals. Does anyone know if brook lopez is expected to be back anytime soon? They will need bigger bodies to have any chance with the lakers.

18. steddinotayto

Which means that either Bynum or Artest has be taken out to get Odom into the game and that gives Phoenix a better (albeit still small) chance.

I just think that Artest d-ing up JRich and Kobe d-ing up Hill are going to be too much for Phoenix to overcome. And this isn't like against the Rockets where Brooks shredded Fisher or how Westbrook killed Fisher because Nash doesn't operate like that.

19. conquistador#11

The suns represent that old saying..when you fail, just fry fry a hen.
    It's an intriguing match up, Los suns against the los los angeles fakers.
    I'll be cheering for the suns.

20. ItsMyFault

Yeah but that works hand in hand with what LA does anyways unless PHX starts Frye. Odom usually comes in during when Frye comes in... so it doesn't really affect Bynum out of the norm.