1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

which nba playoffs series loss hurts you rocket fans the most of alltime

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocket94-95, Apr 8, 2010.

Tags:
?

which rockets nba playoffs series loss hurts you rox fans the most alltime?

1. rockets vs. sonics 1993 west 2nd round 4-3 series loss

4.9%
  2. rockets vs celtics 1986 nba finals 4-2 series loss

2.3%
  3. rockets vs utah 1997 west finals 4-2 series loss

36.6%
  4. rockets vs dallas 2005 west 1st round 4-3 series loss

29.8%
  5. rockets vs lakers 2009 west 2nd round 4-3 series loss

5.1%
  6. rockets vs utah 2007 west 1st round 4-3 series loss

16.4%
  7. rockets vs seattle 1987 west 2nd round 4-2 series loss

0.4%
  8. rockets vs utah jazz 1998 west 1st round 3-2 series loss

4.0%
  9. rockets vs celtics 1981 nba finals 4-2 series loss

0.2%
  10. other

0.4%
  1. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Sucker punch to the junk after watching this video. That arena was what Energy Solutions Area is today, refs didn't have the balls to call anything late vs the home team. I remember watching many a Rox/Sonics battle and, if Seattle didn't win by 30, the Rox would get screwed by a call or two to cost them the game.

2. wingcommander87

07 against jazz. No metaphors, I literally was sick to to my stomach when the rockets lost. I did not sleep properly for a week and had this soul-crushing feeling for the rest of the summer . Probably cause I expected the rockets to whup the jazz not lose to them in such heart-breaking fashion.

04-05 season was my first season of watching nba basketball and tmac become my fav player after the 13 in 33 sec. He played awesome against the mavdicks and to lose by 40 with the mavs taunting the rockets bench was horrifying but I was hopeful for the future cause tmac and yao were young. which is why this didn't hurt as much as the 07 playoffs did. BUT I did say to myself the from now till the day I died, I WILL ALWAYS HATE the DALLAS FAGRICKS.

3. chosans

chosans Member

Gotta say it's the Dallas 2005 one. It was the first season that I really started to follow the Rockets, watching every game, and to see them go so far and almost have it in the bag with the first 2 games won on the road... that 40 point loss in game 7 really killed me. Runner up would be the 2007 Jazz.

4. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

2005 Series.

I LOVED that Rockets team.

5. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

That was one of my choices. The swift ass beating they put on the Rockets almost knocked some of the luster off the 2-peat. As in, if the Rockets ever faced the Sonics the previous 2 years they might not have even advanced to the Finals. It made you think (for a second) other teams might have "cleared the path" for the Rockets.

Nope, nooooope...

If you cant win at least 1 game on the road, you are a "pretender"

:rolleyes:

6. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

This is the reason '97 is the worst for me. Not just because I was 13 and permanently scarred in terms of my sports fandom after it. But because to all the ignoramus sports commentators out there, Bill Simmons being the most notable, our two championships in their eyes are less legitimate because Jordan wasn't there at 100% (he was there in 95 but had just un-retired and lost to Shaq's Magic, but no one ever mentions that either).

If we had gotten to the 1997 championships, it would have shut EVERYONE up. In one corner, Hakeem. Drexler. Barkley. In the other: Jordan's juggernaut. And everyone knew that we gave Chicago the most fits in the regular season during their most dominant years. Seeing that matchup in the Finals would have been like seeing Duke and UNC in the NCAA championship--regardless of the outcome, it would have been the penultimate clash of the titans and the generation-defining series to end speculation once and for all about how our Champion Rockets matched up to Jordan's Dynasty Bulls.

As the previous poster said, Chicago might have won, but Jordan would have had to play better than he ever had before to do it. The entire world was deprived of this experience when John Stockton hit that shot off the illegal Karl Malone bear-hug of Barkley. And when they injured Barkley too. These current Jazz might be dicks but they can't hold a candle to the trash Jazz teams of the 90's.

2 people like this.
  7. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I did state if you can't win in the first round ;)

8. today

today Contributing Member

Had to vote for the '97 WCF against the Jazz... That bearhug that Malone put on Drexler allowing Stockton to get wide open was a horrible no call. It was literally a two handed bearhug hold.

Somebody needs to ask Drex about it next time they run into him. I got to meet him after a Nuggets game and could only remember to ask him about that 3 point buzzer beater in Denver that he banked home shortly after coming over in the trade. Then after I got home I kicked myself for not asking him about that Malone bearhug.

9. vci_guy2003

vci_guy2003 Contributing Member

Wow, so many people have already forgotten the bitter loss to the Sonics in 1993?!?!? Go back and look at the tape, we were ROBBED blind in that game 7. We were stiffed on like 5 straight phantom calls down the stretch. We could have gone on to the finals and beaten the Bulls and rewritten history. That game and Game 6 Utah in 1997 should be top two, hands down.

10. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

The Sonics were the Rox kryptonite but the 96 series didn't take any luster off the prior 2 seasons. The Rox did their part, if the Sonics wanted a crack at us we were waiting for them. Don't forget they were getting knocked out in the 1st round both season while the Rox were busy winning CHAMPIONSHIPS.

On the 96 series, we were banged up and worn out while the Sonics had everything clicking. I will say one of the proudest moments in Rockets history, for me at least, was the 18 point 4th quarter comback in game 4. They pushed that game into OT and actually had a 4 point lead with 3 to play but just ran out of gas, nevertheless it displayed that heart of a champion we had gotten so familiar with.

1 person likes this.
  11. SuperVon

SuperVon Contributing Member

longest sentence ever.

12. vci_guy2003

ARRGHGHHGH!!! makes me so AAAANNNNGRRRYYY!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Refs needed to be put to sleep after that game.

13. thegame_2234

thegame_2234 Contributing Member

if you think the jazz was a flopping team you better watch the sonics of all those years and they get the calls that what upset more at least the jazz play strong

14. Rocket94-95

Rocket94-95 Member

Hey the seatlle sonics got what was coming for them!!! now they lost their team to okahoma

15. el_locoteee

el_locoteee Member

I said Dallas because the series got fixed.

16. vci_guy2003

Thank you for putting it into perspective :cool:

17. J.Will.Xu

J.Will.Xu Member

I have to go with Dallas series back in 05, which was definitely rigged by the officials and Mark Douchebag Cuban's tape filing.

I was too young to remember the greatest moment of all time in the Rockets history but that team under JVG was spectacular at the time. :( I was screaming and yelling at the TV set all the way while watching that series.

18. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I voted for the mavs / rox series but, not because the 97 wcf wasn't dreadful. I was there for the 2005 series, it was my worst nightmare come true. it was basically rigged. it really pisses me off every time I think about it.

P.S.
    I hate the jazz, forever. I would love to see deron williams in a rockets jersey, none the less.

19. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

The players quit. They stopped competing. What's the point if the officials manipulate the outcome?

I think the Rockets have had some of the best teams in NBA history go completely unnoticed...not by me.

20. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

Make that the best teams in sports history.

I hope they continue next season. SIGH INJURY....hopefully not next season. As technology continues to improve, the Rockets will win more games.