1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If the Rockets Don't make a Move, Will you still Follow?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by CheezeyBoy22, Jul 6, 2009.

?

If the Rockets don't make a move, will you still follow?

1. Yes

413 vote(s)
    92.2%
  2. No

35 vote(s)
    7.8%
  1. Ehter

Ehter Member

I totally agree. At the same time players like Brooks, Landry and Scola are gona flourish from having to have to pick up the load.... and the Rockets are going to be crazy good in 2010

2. CountyClerk

CountyClerk Member

This.

It doesn't matter if Dream, Steve, Yao or Brian Cook lead the team I'll still follow the Rockets religiously.

3. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

the question should be: "If Yao is out for the season, will you still follow?"

that'll separate the men from the boys

4. Aznoob

Aznoob Member

Of course!

This Rockets team could be a perennial a**hole team like Utah, or always the worst team like the Clippers, and I would still tune in to the games.

This is what a real fan is all about.

5. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

I'm referring more to the fact that this website was made during the lean years of the late 90's, after the Rockets Glory Years and during a 12 year drought that has given us fans 1 Playoff victory to speak of.

You think asking the people who frequent this site if they are going to follow this team or not is a legit question?

If you asked the folks at the Rockets message board on Yahoo, I would expect them to jump ship.

But not here, not clutchfans.

If you joined in '97, '99, '01, '03, or '05, you are here to stay, to root for the Rockets no matter what.

6. djohn2oo8

djohn2oo8 Member

There are many moves left to be made before training camp. I really want that Battier for Fernandez/Outlaw deal to go down

7. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Uh O' I ment to press yes but got no....I'll always support my team. Bleed Rockets Red.

8. EverBug

EverBug Member

im a Chinese crazy Rox fan, i would follow our team forever, be Yao in or not.

9. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

The so-called fair-weather fans that you are looking to "out" aren't on this forum in the offseason in order to vote.

10. redao

redao Member

hopefully no

11. biggiebody

biggiebody Member

Been following them most of my life why stop now

12. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

If anything they might be a bit more fun to watch if they run the floor. And with hardly any expectations on them to even make the postseason, and considering this team plays their best with their backs to the wall and when no one gives them any kind of respect, this could turn out to be a rather exciting season, whatever happens.

13. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

anybody crazy enough to be on here for 10 years will follow the Rockets even if they stink. :D
    [​IMG]

14. tracymingreedy

tracymingreedy Contributing Member

why even asking? we still have players that we love and enjoy watching, though i prefer to see yao in the middle.

15. That Boi Oz

That Boi Oz Member

You can't be a bandwagon fan!

16. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I refuse to watch a single game next year unless we win the championship.

17. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

does not compute. does not compute.

18. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

But how will you see us win the championship if you don't watch next year?

19. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

It was a joke, guys...

I know it's Monday, but come on... :D

20. himself

himself Member

I have seen MUCH worst times in Rockets history but never gave up on them.

Imagine when Tex Winter had constant disagreements with our franchise player and one of the greatest players in our history ( Elvin Hayes) and he just traded him away for junk.

Many of you don't even know who Tex Winter is, But that my friends was as bad as I felt as a Rockets fan and even that did not push me away.

With that said, these are actually fun times, we have so much to talk about and looking forward for a new future.

I hope we somehow get TWO high picks, creat some cap space to sign one or two players, AND this time around, unlike JVG, use our heads and look at the big picture and not just couple of meaningless games.YES, put B. Roy on this team and we would BEAT LA Indeed.

Lord Knows I am a very proud man, but now I am old enough to use my brain and not just emotions.