1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ch 2 video] Landry, Brooks Discuss NBA Draft and Trade Rumors

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Hilltopper, Jun 28, 2009.

1. ROCKCITY

ROCKCITY Member

I agree, I believe Von's days as a Rocket are over. I loved his passion to play but to be able to complain about playing time during the game against the Lakers in the playoffs is just ridiculus.

A close friend of mine who works with the Rockets and the players told me that Von is just a crybaby, always whining for playing time. He travels with the team and are close with some of the guys and has always told me that Von is just worried about himself and not about the team. It's like a "its all me attitude".

I love both Landry and Brooks, they both look committed to working hard and getting better. These guys including Scola have been very productive and its hard to imagine these guys are only 2 year veterans. I'm excited to see whats to come from them next year.

My friend, who works for the Rockets, after losing game 3 and losing Yao because of the hairline facture talked to Brooks after the game. Brooks joked around and said, "I guess you asians can't last a whole season." My friend goes back and says "I guess coach Adelman should only start you for the first game of every series." (Note that Brooks had 27 pts, 7 ast, and 4 reb the first game against Portland and had 19 pts, 2 ast, and 2 reb the first game against the Lakers) After that Aaron Brooks told my friend "We'll see about that." and you guys of course know the outcome. Brooks has a career playoff high with 34 points, 4 ast, and 3 rebs. He clearly showed his maturity and leadership in game 4. I just thought I'd let you guys know an interesting story. I hope that the Rockets organization keeps both these guys. Their future is bright and promising.

2. abc2007

abc2007 Member

I couldn't believe Brooks said that! :eek:

I am not a big fan of Brooks' playmaking skills. But, before I always thought he was a well-educated person.

3. ROCKCITY

ROCKCITY Member

Haha I'm asian and I thought it was pretty funny.

4. abc2007

abc2007 Member

WOW! :eek:

5. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Objection you honor!

Hearsay, not in evidence.

move on

6. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Can I just say that those guys are freaking awesome. What class acts! That might be the best attitude I've ever heard from an nba player. Makes me want to keep them at all costs. We have such a great group of stand up guys on our team. I'm so proud to be a rockets fan. High character all the way.

7. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

I am asian and I thought it was funny too.

[​IMG]

8. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

I hope so too, but the reality is if the Rockets are looking to upgrade through trades, most likely 1 or both of those guys will be gone because no one wants just T-Slack. He is hijacking our organization. I wish we could get rid of him only.

9. ROCKCITY

ROCKCITY Member

Well the 09 draft picks could be dealt with Tmac if they show some talent and play well in the summer league. But then again teams that are willing to take Tmac's contract and would probably want a promising proven player like Brooks or Landry in the deal. But I trust Daryl Morey. He knows Brooks and Landry better than anyone since he drafted them, so whatever he decides to do I'm behind it 100%. Even Brooks and Landry know that if they get traded its all for the best interest of the organization. Obviously, if possible, the Rockets organization would rather trade Tmac alone than with young promising players like Brooks and Landry.

10. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Landry: "Taylor, and Budinger.....and that guy from overseas. I've seen them all play. And they can ball!"
    <br>
    hahaha oh Carl....
    You've totally seen that guy from overseas ball, considering you don't even remember his name hahahahaha

11. TriCkz

TriCkz Member

I'm asian and I don't give a ****.

Who cares it's clearly a joke.

12. abc2007

abc2007 Member

But, Brooks is not an asian. And, I don't believe he would say something like that...

13. rocketsmetalspd

The Rockets should just trade TMac and get what they can for him alone. Like a solid back up C but whatever Morey decides it will be all good for the team.

14. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

if the guy who told this story works for the rockets i'm sure he and brooks have interacted various times on the job, so brooks probably felt comfortable enough with him to make the joke, and the poster felt comfortable enough to go back at Brooks too, so take it for what it was, two guys who are just poking fun at each other....no big deal....sounds like brooks was trying to make fun of the poster and not so much yao anyway..

15. ralphacy

ralphacy Member

Wow, are you even asian? If not, then shut up. If you are, then go eat some rice and shut up cause you're giving asians a rep. Im asian and I thought that hilarious!

I really hope Brooks stays, he is still so young and he is still in the early stages of his career. He still has a high ceiling left, lets all chill and let the man develop. Damn if he gets traded then my Brooks autograph rockets picture would be worthless :(

Both he and Landry seem to really want to be here. I mean Landry got shot and he still wants to stay in the place where he got shot! Let them stay and trade the ****** that's eating up almost 23 million dollars of the salary cap!

16. woket

woket Member

LOL. Dikembe retiring ... that's what he says

17. ralphacy

ralphacy Member

I rewatched the video and Landry showed some uneasiness when he was talking about Yao Ming getting injured year after year. He looks like he is worried that Yao might get injured again.

I wish they asked him about T mac

18. Ehter

Ehter Member

It's called a joke, have some sense of humour, that's one of the ways to build team spirits.

I'm sure Yao made of fun of Brooks being small, or Dikembe being old. I dont see the difference with Yao being asian

19. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

abc, it was a joke according to the anecdote and it seems pretty obvious that Brooks knew the guy well enough to make the comment without offending him. Not to mention, the guy felt comfortable enough to take a little jab back at Brooks. I'm guessing they were both laughing about it. I wouldn't draw conclusions about Brooks' character based on this story.

20. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

Link? Thats absolutely fake lol. I can also invent a story that I met Lebron and he said he hated every white man or stuff like that. I hate when people invent stories to discriminate someone, and in this case to discriminate a well educated player.