1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Are you comfortable with Brooks as starting PG in the playoffs?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by AGBee, Apr 3, 2009.

Tags:
  1. monster

monster Member

PG is still our glaring weakness. AB and Lowry have had their moments, but neither can compare to top 10 PGs in the league. Can we please outlaw the FLOATER shot?!?!?!

2. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I feel more comfortable with Lowry running the point. Brooks just has no clue at how to run an offense. That said, I feel more comfortable with the Brooks-Lowry tandem than the Alston-Brooks tandem.

I am disappointed with Brent Barry too. I thought he would provide some veteran smart at the 1 (although that's not his natural position). But his handle is at about Head's level. And his passing doesn't have that zip and gets intercepted a lot. I don't know. He's supposed to have very high IQ. But he's been pretty bad in the decision-making department on the court... Not to mention his shot is kind of hit-or-miss.

3. joesr

joesr Member

I am more comfortable with AB running then I am Lowry.

Is it me or does it seem like Lowry is about to get hurt after every drive.

Secondly I dont think Lowry fits the in and out for simple reasons.

Can we just genetically combine them?

4. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I think he sees things, but he hasn't figured out his limitations. He tries to do stuff that he'd have been able to pull off years ago, but his skills are all just a bit off. How many times has he successfully run a simple pick and roll since he's been here? I swear, its a turnover half the time.

1 person likes this.
  5. Zfan

Zfan Member

Better to live with the uncomfortables. Brooks got some bad games so far but he is no doubt a pretty good player to penetrate. Playoffs will be the ultimate test for this little guy. Good luck.

IMHO Lowry is a solid backup. He may play more minutes than Brooks in playoffs thanks to his tough D. I am very exciting to see two young PGs how to fght when things got tough. No more Rafer. I'm satisfied.

6. JujuxG

JujuxG Member

no,i would much rather have lowry

reason, last night game, he got own by fisher.
    His D because of his size, just can't balance out his tribute on offense( if that make sense). We gave up to much and gain too little.

People may say he might be the next parker, but right now, he is just brook.

7. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I haven't thought of it that way. You know, that fastbreak layup last night, he looked like he was going to dunk it and turned it into a layup at the last moment because he didn't have enough lift. I realized right there that his physical abilities have gone downhill so fast he didn't figured that out yet.

BTW, I just checked. His TO/Assists ratio is way below that of Brooks and Lowry.

8. happyricky

happyricky Contributing Member

Over the past 10 years we only had one average PG in Alston and you know he was traded! Without TMac the lack of an elite PG will hurt the Rockets in coming playoffs for sure. :(

9. STIX

STIX Member

Well who is our second option besides Lowry?...Just let the kid start geez...

10. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

its not early, he doesnt have the vision of a point guard.

11. nancychang

nancychang Member

He's not a good shooter n never know how to pass the ball to Yao. really speechless for him.

12. Super Von

Super Von Member

He just needs to cut down on his turnovers.

What will hurt us is his inability to stop anyone tho.

13. Marcus Bryant

Marcus Bryant Member

I think his role on team is not to point our experienced veterans like yao and ron, he is the Point Guard though. his job is just to dribble the ball to the front court and give it to ron or shane, or even wafer, but not to shoot it cluelessly.

14. chasingu

chasingu Member

why do you say that? he is always playing like a shooting guard with his threes.

15. Marcus Bryant

Marcus Bryant Member

Aaron is just an instinct SG trapped in a PG's body.

16. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

You are wrong. I would even say Aaron is a very good shooter, he just idn't consistent. But that's what youth means.

He has a beautiful release, deep range and he gets a great arc on that ball when he shoots it.

17. Marcus Bryant

Marcus Bryant Member

Aaron was the former 3-point shooting champion of NCAA as far as I know. You're totally right. :cool:

18. horonggo

horonggo Member

:eek: In my view, AB as starting PG is a big disaster! Because his advantage is speed and attack, not defense and assists. So, I think he will get a good job as bench or SG.

19. Marcus Bryant

Marcus Bryant Member

Aaron's playing style makes him fit SG more than PG, but his size makes it nearly impossible for him to play SG. Aaron is not Iverson after all. It's really gonna be a disarster to play him at PG head to head with a big SG like Joe Johnson, the big SG's need to do nothing more than just posting him up and get 2/3 points with a shot over his head.

20. YallMean

YallMean Member

We couldn't have Roy and Gay at the same time, only one pick.

Anyways, I am happy with the Gay trade. Gay would have been traded by JVG anyways.