1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Brilliant $250,000+ income earners

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Major, Mar 4, 2009.

1. mleahy999

mleahy999 Member

Ah shades of MacBeth and that Iranian clown from a couple of years ago. But amongst the questionable tales by Zantabak, there is a point of principle. He doesn't want to pay more taxes and that's something most people can agree with. The other stuff about the apts and how far $400K goes is just noise. Although very entertaining noise.

2. Qball

Qball Contributing Member

Zantabak, you should take a lesson from Basso. He's been proven wrong and a fraud hundreds of times but Basso keeps on spewing garbage from his head. Especially in this thread where he's getting owned almost every post quoting him. He never quits! I admire his consistency.

You should stick around. It's fun reading your posts.

3. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

They will miss you zantabak1111 - without you, they will have to get back to the mundane discussions and regular debates with basso, tj, and big-tex.

If you kept going, you'd have become the 4th muskateer. But now you will just spoken of in lore when the next time someone throws themselves in here like a chunk of raw meat into this piranha invested discussion group.

4. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

man i wish i could edit stuff. fixed.

5. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

The poor smuck. Probably keeps groupie stories about billionaires on his table at his apartment to fantasize about.

6. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So Sammy, do these sound like the words of someone who knows what he's doing, or even understands the problem?

It is imperative that we continue to move with speed to help make housing more affordable and help arrest the damaging spiral in our housing markets -- Tim Geithner​

isn't it the "damaging spiral" that's making houses more affordable? wouldn't propping them up just prolong the bubble?

7. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

So let's recap

1. After lying about your own income level....and

2. Lying and saying that your wife was quitting her job in 2009 to avoid a marginal tax increase in 2011....and

3. Lying about your ability to afford an apartment because you have no savings.....now

4. allege that Manhattan apartment prices, which are rapidly falling, are being artifically propped up by a plan that has not been implemented yet..

Good show - reputation repaired.

8. okierock

okierock Contributing Member

Come on Sam, cut him some slack, the Tim Geithner quote is pretty stupid. I don't know the context of the conversation but the part Basso quotes is dumb.

9. basso

Supporting Member

please document where i indicated my income level at all, and also where i said my wife was quitting her job. i said no such thing. you have no way of knowing #3, and #4 is pretty well documented.

10. SamFisher

This thread is about people getting hit marginal rate increases under Obama's plan, you chimed in on page 1 to indicate how this affects you personally. Factoring in AMT relief, given your location, that would put your household at $400,000 per year level or above, for you to see a difference in your 2011 tax bill under Obama's plan, which would be a whopping $3000, which you then parlayed into your inability to buy a home, due to you not having $500,000 for a down payment.

Bootstraps man bootstraps.

11. basso

Supporting Member

no, the thread's about "rich morons" reducing their own income in order to lower their tax bite. as i indicated in my first post in this thread, it's a conversation, and a calculation, my wife and i have had.

you've made innumerable (il)logical leaps in this thread, all based on an apparent lack of reading comprehension skills. if you'd paid attention in (grade) school, all this could have been avoided.

12. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Look, Sam took your own statement that you would be affected by a tax increase. That logically points in the general direction of your income. You further mentioned not being able to afford housing in NYC. So that set a soft ceiling of your income. Sam gave approximations based on those figures. It isn't really that difficult to understand where he's coming from.

13. zantabak1111

zantabak1111 Member

Basso I dropped in to see your fight and you have nothing to worry about with these poor nimrods. The hardworking rich in America will always be rich and the people that work for them? O well if you have to cut 5 or 10 to keep the same income, they're just workers. clutchfans is just full of a bunch of bitter workerbee's what a bunch of crybabies this nation has become. I am a trustfund baby, I am successful on my own, I really could care less about most of you because you'll just live modest lives. I hope you enjoyed losing most of your 401K's and I hope you enjoy when most of your jobs are outsourced. Obama wasn't the cause but he isn't helping anything, my point from the beginning. Poor people are always going to complain and you you guys are a drain on society, why don't you do something about, pick up a second job and quit whining so the rich have to pay more to support you all. I'd like to see the day when any of you are ever rich and then say," You know what, I'd love to pay a higher percentage than the bum working at Kroger. You're right I work much harder than him and deserve to be punished to help my country. I'm sure all of you are excited that Obama will let you live in your homes at prices YOU can now afford. I will retire back to my parent's mansion, it's so nice having maids working for you, I must complain the prices are steep here $80/day, these maids aren't worth more than $5-7/day back home. Keep it up Basso, I'm no longer here to help fend you off from deadbeat welfare recipients.

14. zantabak1111

zantabak1111 Member

If I was really poor, wouldn't I be supportive of helping poor instead of calling them deadbeats? Exactly

15. SamFisher

Yeah and if you'd worked harder and made more money, we wouldn't be having this conversation either would we?

Why don't you just come out and tell us how much money you make/have, and we can see how realistic your dream of buying a 2 million dollar apartment is, therefore we can assign the proper amount of blame to the President and his distressed mortgage plan, which you claim is the reason for your inability to do so (even though it hasn't happened yet).

16. SunsRocketsfan

**** obama and **** the stupid asss govt

17. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

^^^
    Wingnuttia is in meltdown mode.

18. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

which one?

zantax, basso, or sunrockets****?

19. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

Limbots?

20. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

All of the above. That's why I referred to them collectively.