1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[LUMET] Before the Devil Knows You're Dead

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Rocketman95, Nov 26, 2007.

Tags:
  1. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I've read about this, but never saw a preview until a few minutes ago. Lumet's Dog Day Afternoon is one of my top five favorite movies of all-time and this one looks like it has the makings of a modern-day classic. Just a phenomenal cast. I'm going to check it out tonight.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8Jhrxn7QVDc&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8Jhrxn7QVDc&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

2. dntrwl

dntrwl Member

Marisa Tomei :)

[​IMG]

3. vasoline25

vasoline25 Contributing Member

The critics have embraced this film as well. I enjoyed Lumet's films from the 70s - Serpico, Network, Dog Day Afternoon; so I'm glad to hear his recent work is getting applause.

Let us know what you think of it!! :)

4. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

Phillip Seymour Hoffman is money. i'd watch it b/c of him.

Marissa Tomei is a certified cutie. although you can tell she's aged, i've always liked her look.

5. tomato

tomato Member

I heard a rumor word from the street road that she's fairly naked a good deal in this

6. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

:p She'll never age in my eyes. :p

7. rocketfat

rocketfat Member

saw it over the weekend. really good movie.

yes, marisa tomei shows a great deal of boobies in this flick, including an almost uncomfortable opening scene of the movie with hoffman banging away at her (dont think that qualifies as a spoiler). she has always been in the top 5 of my hottest actresses list.

also, while hoffman is always great, ethan hawke steals the show in my opinion, and is a tremendously underrated actor. have any of you seen the movie Tape? great movie with him that takes place entirely in one motel room.

8. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

Actually that does qualify, thanks for ruining that for me.

9. rocketfat

rocketfat Member

the guy 2 posts ahead of me spoiled the fact that you get to see her in the buff. thank him too.

assume that you are smart enough to figure out that she's involved in sex scenes if she's naked. my apologies.

10. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

well I am not smart enough, it should be obvious from the fact that I care so much about it. lol

11. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

If it spoiled anything, it spoiled the hidden truth that this movie is a must-see.

12. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

i heard a rumor she's naked alot in general...i.e. skanky

I will only see it if Hoffman does the rain dance...White chocolate! :D