1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Beowulf

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Desert_Rocket, Nov 19, 2007.

Tags:
  1. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

The commercials turned me off. It seems like they are trying to dumb it down and rip 300 off a bit too much. I can't stand movies that are dumbed down for the 'masses' (read: Bruckheimer, Bay).

I! AM! BEOWULF!

I'll give it a shot when it comes out on DVD.

2. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

I liked the book when I read it in high school, but I wish the movie was made in real life. Not just with computer graphics.

I think Vin Diesel could have been Beowulf.

3. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

Vin Diesel should not play any role in any movie ever.

4. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Watch the Pacifier. He was great in that.

5. rocketfat

rocketfat Member

see it in 3D Imax, and it will blow your mind. the actual plot and quality of the movie becomes secondary. it will be unlike anything you've ever seen.

6. bladeage

hahaha....

7. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I thought the book Grendel was much better than Beowulf

8. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

Ok it better NOT be a waste of money like the Harry Potter in 3D :mad:
    I didn't pay extra to see 5 minutes of 3D

9. bladeage

I wanna do a parody and call it Scott Baiowulf.

10. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

I saw it yesterday on 3D IMAX and I would highly recommend it. I closed one of my eyes a few times throughout the movie to compare it to non-3D and I can confidently say that the extra $4 or whatever was worth it.

Not a great story or dialogue or anything like that, but the visuals were amazing. Tons and tons of cool 3D-specific content so that you don't even have to really like the movie in order to be entertained.

My friend asked me if I liked it and the one word I used was "Fun".

(Just get there early so you don't have to sit on the 3rd row :( )

I didn't see Harry Potter (much less in 3D) but it must have sucked if they only had 5 minutes worth of 3D in there. Beowulf is in 3D from start to finish.

11. ClutchCityReturns

Talk Soup already did that one :)

12. bladeage

Man I wish I could see in 3D... I have amblyopia so I can't see 3D stuff. Plus when I walk down some stairs, it looks like I am walking on the normal floor. .. Not having depth perception sucks. Oddly enough I can catch baseballs and footballs though.

13. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

Interesting... Are you able to play video games?

14. bladeage

Yea, video games aren't in 3D.

15. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

Hmm I am definitely seeing it this weekend for sure

Wow I have never heard of this before. Not to be nosy or anything.. but does this mean you see everything as the same distance? How would you drive?

16. bladeage

I can actually adjust my eyes at times, it hurts but I can make it where my left eye is equal with my right. Prescription glasses will help this, but I hate wearing them and I hate contacts. My driving is not affected in the day, but at night, I can't see worth a damn. Even with glasses. Only reason I have made it home alive so many times is cause I am an extremely careful driver. Everything isn't really at the same distance, it doesn't look like a big painting or something, like I said I can adjust, but walking down stairs, catching things, and so on, is sometimes hard. Only reason I can catch footballs is cause I notice it getting bigger as it approaches.

17. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

That's really interesting. At least you still have your vision so you can still see the Rockets play. Have your eyes always been this way? I can't imagine suddenly seeing paintings from seeing things in 3D. I can imagine the many different ways I'll probably get injured.

18. bladeage

Actually I never really noticed any problems until about 4 years ago. I have always had the amblyopia but the whole walking down the stairs thing did not start happening until recently. Plus I had eye surgery when I was a little kid.. about 3 or 4. It was muscle surgery on both eyes. Don't know if that had anything to do with it. I wore glasses all my life and I just stopped wearing them cause they bothered me. I have never gotten injured because of it though. My right is pretty strong. I can see better then 20/15 in my right and I'm 20/30 in my left so it isn't too bad.

My apologies for the slight derailment, I will be seeing Beowulf once the craze dies down.

19. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

I am interested in this, too. F Antonio Banderas. :eek:

20. ClutchCityReturns

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ATDaqh1wvMA&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ATDaqh1wvMA&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

On a serious note, has anyone else seen it? Did you like it?