1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[OFFICIAL] Steve Francis returning to Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by gfab-babyboi, Jul 19, 2007.

1. magus_Doc

magus_Doc Member

wooow nice I'm glade this went through, can wait for the season to start. just woow. :D :D

2. smeiou78

smeiou78 Member

I'm not saying Dawson wasn't an excellent GM. All I'm saying is that I think Morey has more to do with this offseason's additions than Adelman.

I know I put you on ignore, but I just couldn't let you attack me like that. :eek:

3. realafire

realafire Member

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I am not attacking you at all, I thought you were taking a shot at CD, my apologies.

I believe that both Adelman and Morey are working this together, but yes, Morey has been excellent.

Again, I am sorry that I misread the tone of your post.

DD

5. cool_thunderz

cool_thunderz New Member

wow...I just woke up and I still cant believe this is happen

6. ooliverb1

ooliverb1 Member

What recent performance? James got beat by a rookie on a lousy team. If Steve perform anywhere near 80% he used to be, I won't be surprised that James may be on the move again in Feb.

7. Genomyte

Genomyte Member

I would have to agree. Steve should be at the 2. I think he would work better off the ball... Thinking of him being at the 1 made me think of this Haiku:
    Dribble, dribble... brick
    Dribble, dribble, dribble, *buzz*
    Dribble, dribble... brick :p

8. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

It's amazing how hard some stereotypes die... Francis hasn't played like that for ages. He is the closest thing to a true PG on our lineup, and he is a damn good one when motivated and healthy. You act as if Mike James is Steve Nash...

Francis should (and will) start.

9. Genomyte

Genomyte Member

The closest thing would be Rafer... not James and not Francis... only Nash is Nash. No one else plays like him in the league, much respect to him.
    And, it was a joke... Lighten up. :)

10. McGradyFTW

McGradyFTW Member

I'm excited that there will be a battle for the starting PG spot...

You know opposed to last year when we only had one PG worthy of being on an NBA roster.

11. Davidoff

Davidoff Contributing Member

NEVER MIND...

12. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

Will the 3:33 press conference be carried on 610 or 790?

13. GuerillaBlack

GuerillaBlack Member

This forum is amazing. I thought I had read all of the posts. I click the "Let's Talk Rocks" link, and new posts have already been made (4 to be exact). A lot of activity here!

14. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

No, Rafer is the closest thing to a pure BACKUP point gaurd on our roster.

... And he's also the closest thing to gone on our roster.

Francis is better than Rafer in literally every. single. aspect of the game. He turns over the ball off passes a little more, but he does it en route to actually creating something for himself or for a teammate.

15. t-mac+yao=RING

t-mac+yao=RING New Member

I think we have what it takes to go all the way, but the only thing that I'm worry about is that it may take us a few seasons to come together. But I hope it donesn't because I'm readly for us to win now.

16. GuerillaBlack

GuerillaBlack Member

I think Clutch said it best in his article. The Rockets' bench can be a playoff team in the East.

17. BBall Scientist

My friend called me up and said he heard the radio in Dallas said something about James Posey, Jeff Foster, and Mobley are on Morey's workings right now. He's talking to all kinds of teams, New Jersey and New Orleans are also being talked to about John Lucas III and Justin Reed for something from New Orleans and they are talking about Chuck Hayes for Boki to New Jersey. Details really weren't much on those, but on these deals below they had more details.

Luther Head and Chuck Hayes re-signed to Indiana for Jeff Foster is being discussed and Rafer Alston, Bobby Sura and cash to the Clippers for Mobley is being discussed, and talks to about James Posey re-signed then traded to the Rockets for Rafer Alston is being talked with Miami.

He said Dallas radio is talking about Morey is the talk of the league, making more moves than any GM people can remember, that around the league everyone is talking about it, he's non-stop trying to make moves.

He said the Dallas radio was talking about how Houston is trying to get better while the Mavs aren't doing anything.

This would pretty much confirm that Morey is going to keep making the team better.

18. HoRockets

HoRockets Member

I'm not totally disagreeing with you but let's look at recent history. Although James did lose his starting spot at the 1 last season, Francis was never the starting PG for the knicks and even lost his 2 position to Crawford.

Here is the true tell of recent history (last 2 Seasons):

Mike James played 161 games, started 144 games, avg. 15.2pts, 4.7 asst, .446 shooting pct.

Steve Francis played 68 games, started 45 games, avg. 11pts, 5 asst, .425 shooting pct.

I think I have a pretty good case to make the statement that Mike James has a better "recent performance" than Francis and therefore has better postion to be the starter.

19. tested911

tested911 Member

HOLY Sh$^^ is that true ?????? Jesus if Morey pulled 2 out of those 3 trades He would have to be GM of the year... OMG that gave me goos bumps thinking about it.. At least he's offering quality players to teams who are in need of those players so it seems feesible...

20. zong

zong Member

Jeff Foster, James Posey, if we can get them, this team will be something-special.