1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Pictures of Yao's workout

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by vtkp99, Jul 5, 2006.

1. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

This goes for everyone (not just singling you out) but could people try to avoid quoting posts that have a bunch of pictures stacked together, especially when it's the first post of the thread?

It can get really annoying.

2. armyman495

armyman495 Member

3. 12345

12345 Member

Is it me or has Yao worn the same shoes ever since he signed with Reebok?

4. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

5. AggieDentist

AggieDentist Member

yao's upper body has definitely lost some muscle mass since last year. i understand the foot surgery preventing him running and jumping and what-not, but it shouldn't stop him from doing bench press or curls, etc.

6. pryuen

pryuen Contributing Member

I don't know how you've got that impression, but I'm sure you have not followed what I reported in the Official Thread of Yao Ming's 2006 Summer Activities .

That guy had been working extremely hard throughout this summer even though he had that foot surgery back in April.

According to what was reported in those Chinese website articles, Yao Ming had only gained less than 10 lb during the past 3 months since the injury. He is now 144 KG (317 lb) at 8% fat contents. David Macha and Anthony Falsone plan to trim him down back to 140KG (308 lb) at 6% fat contents, so as not to affect his nimbleness.

And Yao Ming had been working out tirelessly in the gym and the basketball court throughout the summer in Toyota Centre, and back now in Shanghai and Beijing, putting in on an average 3 to 4 hours a day. As reported in the Chinese websites, he can bench press MAXIMUM 150 KG now. As requested by David Macha and Anthony Falsone, he has to do regularly 110 KG 8-peat in the gym.

So, NO, Yao Ming has not lost any of his muscle mass. :mad:

7. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

Oh, it looks like someone got pryuen worked up. You don't want to get on his bad side.

Just a little joke. ;)

308 lbs with 6% body fat. :eek:

That is absolutely fithy. If Shaq had Yao's determination to stay in shape, he'd be far and away the greatest of all time.

8. AggieDentist

AggieDentist Member

pryuen, i hadn't read that thread in a while b/c for some reason i never see it on the front page, but i just want to say that you've done a great job keeping us updated on yao's status. don't worry about some of those other posters - we at clutchfans appreciate what you're doing!

and btw - yao looks good already, it was just that some of these pics made his upper body look smaller than in the other pics.

- i'm having trouble copying-and-pasting the 3 pictures that i'm talking about - they're all from different posts. i saved them onto my computer, but i can't paste them in. help?

9. pryuen

Well, I also have difficulty to find that thread myself whenever I have something to post/update about Yao Ming. It always got overflowed by the many threads that others created. I only wish the moderator would label that thread with a sticker that it would always show at the top of the front page..... :rolleyes:

10. Rockets Dynasty

150 KG = 330 pounds, which means Yao is now maxing 330, last year at this time he was maxing 300.

110 KG = 242 pounds, which means Yao is working 242 pounds in sets of 8 reps.............

Yao is definitely much stronger than he was last year even if someone people think he looks like he lost muscle mass.

11. Ehsan

Ehsan Member

This is Yao with 3 months of Falsone and a couple of weeks of training camp to go.

He will be in better shape this time around, and he will be better rested.

If he can average 35 minutes a game like he did in the last season but this time with 82+ games, that would be excellent.

I also expect Mutombo to be far more useful now that the team is competitive again.

I only wonder if Luther Head is doing all he can to improve his game. Adding strength without adding fat could help his defense a whole lot, and it could give him the confidence to drive more often. His 3-pt shooting was excellent, and it was even better than excellent if you take out his rookie wall stretch where he was a paltry 29% from 3pt range.

The one good thing about Van Gundy is that he makes sure everyone's in shape.

12. Jd1

Jd1 Member

wow,..thanks for the picture. Yao really changed a lot.

13. winner

winner Member

I have a vedio too.
    <object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="mmst://stream-media.bbn.com.cn/bbn7/sohu2/sports/2006/Jun/23/yaoming01.wmv"></param><embed src="mmst://stream-media.bbn.com.cn/bbn7/sohu2/sports/2006/Jun/23/yaoming01.wmv" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

14. freemaniam

freemaniam 我是自由人

Surprisingly we have so many videos and photos regarding Yao's rehabilitation process this summer. I may have thought too much here but I think this is a really a smart move by us Chinese here. Let others witness his recover by themselves hence if he really been called to play in WC, we all know that he is ready for it.

BTW, in Winner's video, it looked very difficult for Yao to stand on his left foot then touch the orange pad on floor, don't know if he felt tired or painful. :confused:

15. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

that is NOT current, that video is from last year.

how do I know this?

I capped it.

oh...btw...Im pretty sure that Yao training video is also from last offseason.
    I remember capping and editing it last year.

#55 Rockets2K, Jul 9, 2006
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2006
  16. pryuen

WRONG !!!

That training video is taken very recently, probably a little more than 2 weeks ago. It was taken in the Meilong Training Centre in Shanghai on June 23, the home ground of Shanghai Sharks, Yao Ming's former CBA team.

To prove this, David Macha has never been to China except this year, and towards the middle of the video, You can see in that video Yao Ming pointing to the picture of Liu Wei, his buddy, the point guard of the Chinese national team on the wall to David Macha.

17. pryuen

According to the reports on Chinese websites, every day, Yao Ming put in minimum 4 hours of work on his rehabilitation: 1 hour on his footwork and balance, 1 hour on running, 1 hour on shooting, and 1 hour in the gym on weightlifting.

He is still feeling weak in that left foot, as he said some of the muscle in the left foot withered due to the long laid-off, and he is still feeling sort of uncomfortable, adapting to that screw in his left foot, that had become part of his body. That is why you found Yao Ming still had difficulty in balancing on his left foot.

But that was more than 15 days ago.....and in yesterday's report, Yao Ming had joined his national team mates in their discussion of team strategies/set plays and he can now complete his 100 meter dash in his average time, and feeling no pain.

18. pryuen

OKAY....the training video from Champ06 is an old one.......

But the one from Winner is a most recent one taken in Shanghai.

19. cbb139

cbb139 Member

His work ethic is pretty amazing, you almost have to cheer for a guy like that. With T-Mac out for long stretches last year, it really helped yao realized how good he can be, and how dominant he should be. Can't wait for the season, just hoping he wont get hurt during the worlds.

20. redefined

redefined Contributing Member

He has got some nice abs!