1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Philadelphia Eagles are utterly stupid...

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Two Sandwiches, Nov 19, 2005.

1. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

I agree with this synopsis.

2. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

TO shouldn't have called McNabb out in the media. That's where he went wrong. What he should have done was slap his girlfriend, and beat Andy Reids wife.

No, I am not advocating violence against women. I just think it's laughable that TO gets cancelled for the season for dissing a teammate, yet wife beaters like Pittman and McMichael have yet to miss a game. Oh, it's cool for Saban to tell season-ticket holders that his team sucks and it doesn't matter if they win or not as well....

3. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

TO is just guilty of words. He has the freedom of speech. Don't let the man take it away from you.

4. leehoang

leehoang Member

I'd say they're stupid.

Should of paid T.O.
    Sould of kept Freddie Mitchell

And none of this would be happening, atleast that's what I think.

5. codell

codell Contributing Member

He doesn't have freedom from consequences though, just like everyone else doesn't.

6. micah1j

micah1j Member

He has the freedom to be an idiot too and see where that got him. :rolleyes:

7. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I think the issue is
    Are the consequence beyond the scope of the 'crime'
    in the CBA they said 4 games
    the Eagles circumvented the CBA and got away with it
    If I were the players Association . .this will DEFINATELY hurt negotiations
    in the next CBA talks

As stated beating and raping and sex cruises etc
    they don't warrent any time off. .. I mean REAL CRIMES
    however. . .talkign out of turn warrents dismissal for the season?

Actually. . .due to the Arbitrator's ruling
    IF Philly wanted too . .they could keep T.O.
    and simply deactivate him for the next 5 seasons .. .
    NOW . .you basically ended his career for 'talking out of turn'
    Is that right?
    Is that fair?

Are we so PRO OWNER that we kool with this?
    The Eagles may not do this. . but because of the ruling
    what is to stop them from doing this . . .[beyond the salary cap]

Rocket River

8. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Yes and the Eagles have the right to make him face up to the consequences of his disruptive actions (what codell said). IIRC, the Eagles may have even had something in his contract that specifically said he would be disciplined for disruptive behavior. As his employer, they are perfectly well in their rights to do this as he is "not living up to his contract."

Now, I feel sorta dumb for typing this up as I have noticed that you have been very sarcastic lately Brightside in a number of your posts (thus the first part of this post is probably needless). Yet, my sarcasm meter isn't always working properly so maybe you really are defending this punk TO. But I have my doubts - I can't see anyone defending him unless it is someone in his immediate family or Drew Rosenhaus and his family.

EDIT - check that - include Rocket River as one of the very few to come to TO's defense.

9. codell

I agree with what the Eagles did.

I applaud the arbitrator for upholding what they did.

TO deserved what he got and what he will get.

Hopefully this will teach him a lesson, knowing that from no on, his team can and will just suspend and then bench him if he gets out of line.

TO made his bed and now he is laying in it.

10. Puedlfor

Puedlfor Contributing Member

Both sides can be wrong.

Owens is a Grade-A douchebag - but he hasn't done anything near as serious as some other players have done - who faced less severe consequences from their teams.

The Eagles were dumb to bring him in the fold, and are paying for their hubris. The list of offenses they released to the arbitrator had one serious incident and the rest was ridiculously petty stuff. They expected TO to act like everyone else on the roster - when his history said that wasn't going to happen. Either be prepared to coddle Owens' ego, or stay far, far away.

11. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Did not the Eagles step into that bed with him?
    Did not the owners make their bed with the CBA . . and now they are circumventing it?

hey I applaud killing a person that molested your child . . . .
    but that does not make it right

Rocket River

12. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

The TO is a knucklehead no doubt, but when you look at some of the other fools in the NFL who were never even suspended [Pittman, McMicheal (wife beaters mentioned above), Ray Lewis (murder conspiracy), Jamal Lewis (moving kilos of coke), etc.] it kind of makes TO's season long suspension seem a bit long.

13. apostolic3

apostolic3 Member

Why does it seem long? TO attacked the Eagles' ownership and members of his own team. In biological terms this is known as cancer. The other people you mention did bad things but they didn't attack the team itself. When a player has off the field or out of the lockerroom issues it's incumbent on the team to stand back and let the legal process work itself out. When a player makes the team the object of his misdeeds the team has no choice but to defend itself.

I've stayed out of the TO debate for the most part but if one of my employees attacked me and other employees publicly to such an extent, they are basically demanding I punish them. The Eagles are simply trying to punish TO to the maximum extent allowable and I don't blame them. After causing so much acrimony and distraction on his own team, TO is getting what he deserved.

14. codell

Did anyone actually read all 38 pages of the arbitrator's decision?

If not, I highly recommend it, especially to those who even slightly defend T.O.'s actions here. It contains alot more of T.O.'s actions that we haven't been privy too before.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2234819

Here is the best part!!!!!:

"Owens' relationship with McNabb had not improved, and Owens was continuing to defy the Coach and the team by, for example, repeatedly violating the dress code and parking in coaches' spaces and in handicapped spots."

Who does he think he is, Peter Gibbons?

15. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

What if they decide to hold his contract and take the caps hit
    So T.O. cannot play for the next 5 years

Is that still not enough . .. is that still justifiable?

Rocket River

16. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

slight difference between 5 seasons and 4 games.

17. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Don't forget that he even warned the organization that he was going to be a distraction if he didn't get what he wanted.

18. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

just making the point.

Rocket River

19. mleahy999

mleahy999 Member

What are all those Philly fans going to do with their #81 jerseys? In the same trash bin with the Cubs Nomar and Pippen jersey?