1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

______________________ needs to go NOW!!! (seriously!!!!11)

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by msn, Oct 26, 2005.

1. candlegreen

candlegreen Contributing Member

That's one thing I didn't get... the Dye part. He was always such a strike out threat. Him and Crede would drive any fantasy baseballer nuts. Yet, it's like they can't miss the ball. Or the ball can't miss their bats, even though they're sometimes mistaken for arms.

2. SuperS32

SuperS32 Member

For those who said Zeke...Zeke will be our third best pitcher next year, even if Clemens comes back. He's got that kind of upside - the homer he gave up to Blum he hit his spot exactly - down and inside sinker, and Blum just guessed right. Unfortunately I'm not sure Purp has the same kind of confidence in him that I do, but we'll see.

3. Luckyazn

Luckyazn Contributing Member

If Bagwell n Clemens retire shouldnt it free up alot of $$ to sign a SOLID 3rd starter and another RBI bat.

4. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

I personally think Wanky Rodriguez is a better starter than Zeke. Although I love my man Zeke, Wanky is better.

5. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

Are the Atlanta Braves your second favorite team? :eek:

I know it is nice to WIN IT ALL and everything; afterall this is America, but my hat is off to the teams like the Buffalo Bills, the Minnesota Vikings, the Atlanta Braves; and, yes, the Houston Astros over the last five years who have consistentlly risen to the top and come through the meat-grinder (excuse the mixed metaphors) only to NOT win it all.

S-A-L-U-T-E.

6. Sishir Chang

Sishir Chang Contributing Member

I don't give the Vikings any respect and I live in Minnesota right now. If you have to put up with the antics of the Vikings for the past few years you would understand why I don't think they're a team deserving of respect. That whole sex cruise thing didn't surprise me at all.

7. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Armchair GMs.

8. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

pfft. Another bat was all this team was missing.

9. eric.81

eric.81 Contributing Member

Absolutely agree with this post. MOST of our good players are YOUNG!!! We have Pettite back next year and this list of guys are SURELY going to get better before they get worse:

Wandy Rodriguez
    Zike Astacio
    Chris Burke
    Wily Taveras
    Chad Qualls
    Brandon Backe

These guys could/should get better because they're not real old yet:
    Jason Lane
    Adam Everett
    Dan Wheeler

And we know what to expect out of these guys:
    Lance Berkman
    Roy Oswalt
    Morgan Ensberg
    Andy Pettite
    Craig Biggio

Out of those names, we may be able to add Clemens. In that roster, I see our weakest links to be Catcher and Shortstop (considering that we like Burke/Berkman and Lane in the outfield; Biggio, Morgan and Wily have solidified their spots as well). Because of the way he calls a game and plays defense (throwing out guys not withstanding) I think we keep Ausmus (also he hit better than he normaly does). So, I guess the weakest link is shortstop. I love Adam's glove so I hesitate to replace him. But if I HAD to replace someone, it would be Adam Everett.

We could be good for a while guys. Roy Oswalt is a great, GREAT pitcher and I think Andy will be for a few more years, too. If we can somehow start the year well and sustain it, this could be a good, good team.

10. yobod

yobod Member

Please don't ever come back. Its this that makes me sick that you were ever rooting for the team in the first place. Good riddens to you and everyone else that have jumped ship.

Sorry to feed this, but I cant just stand by and watch someone call Biggio and Bagwell disgraces to our city.

11. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Just blindly dumping people because someone is upset that we lost the WS is a good way to lose folks that could help us get back there again.

The Astros don't NEED to get rid of anyone. They NEED to add some hitting. They might have to get rid of someone in order to do that, but isn't a case where subtracting certain guys from the team will make us better just because they are gone.