1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

"Why the Far Left Excuses Islamofascism"

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by giddyup, Jun 26, 2005.

1. wizardball

wizardball Member

Sishir Chang man you are an excellent poster... I like your understanding of world politics.... never seen a bad post from you yet….I know I myself have written many silly posts…though mainly to play devils advocate….people learn from him!!! :D

2. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Contributing Member

One could write a similar piece entitled, "Why the Far-Right Excuses NeoConFascism".

There certainly is plenty of ammunition ...

That last link is worse than the "Bush-Fish" :(

3. wnes

wnes Contributing Member

There is nothing horrible to copy an article from a website. The question here you need to answer is, why the "quoted title" is not that of the original article? Is it that you used the title from an email received, but copied and pasted the whole thing except the title from its source into this BBS?

4. losttexan

losttexan Contributing Member

"Victor Davis Hanson is a military historian and a senior fellow at the Hoover Institution at Stanford University."

you might be impressed with his title but i am not. his makes incorrect statements then draws conclusions based on those, very poorly written. this article was written with a forgone conclusion. then he makes statements fit those conclusions. not scientific.

you can put your boots in the oven but that don't make'em biscuits.

5. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

I got the article from another BBS where it was posted with the link. I just didn't check the link to verify the title. I transferred the title used from the other BBS-- thus the quotation remarks.

6. wnes

wnes Contributing Member

-- Juan Cole, professor of modern Middle East and South Asian history at the University of Michigan.

7. giddyup

<b>FranchiseBlade
    That is correct. Saddam was not a terrorist, but a dictator which may be worse for people that live under one.</b>

I think you missed the question mark; it was a rhetorical question. Of course, Saddam was a terrorist-- albeit one enthroned.

<b>What does it matter if Al-Jazeera hears it? Al-Jazeera is free to print or show whatever it wants. There is no harm in what Al-Jazeera does.</b>

No harm? Tell me more about that? Why do they end up with everything OBL wants them to have? Because he's publishing the truth? :eek:

8. wnes

wnes Contributing Member

Thanks for clearing things up.

9. giddyup

When Christo-fascism rises to the same level as Islamo-fascism, let's talk.

BTW, it doesn't offend me.

In the US we toss around terms such as Bible Belt and Bible-thumper without offense. Is the Bible not sacred to people of the Christian faith?

10. giddyup

Any article not written with a foregone conclusion is called a "diary." :D

11. giddyup

Get to work. We await your scholarly conclusions.

12. giddyup

It doesn't. The idea was to introduce democracy to a ME nation. Iraq was the "logical" choice because of her putrid son of a leader and his horrendous history as that leader. His worldwide lack of fame as a devoted Muslim makes it hard to be convincing when you want to call it a war against Muslims.

Iraq is centrally located.

13. wnes

wnes Contributing Member

Talk to Holocaust survivors.

14. giddyup

That's a new one... :confused:

15. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

:rolleyes: yeah..Adolf Hitler was a devoted follower of Jesus Christ.

16. wnes

wnes Contributing Member

How old is old?

17. giddyup

A year older than me and still retreating? :D

18. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You are changing the definition of terrorist. Saddam was not a terrorist.
    U.S. news agencies used to end up with OBL's statements to, until they agreed not to show them in full without getting them approved by the whitehouse.

Al-Jazeera gets receives the tapes, and doesn't have to get their stories approved by a govt. and airs them. It is certainly newsworthy, and again, what is the harm in airing statements by OBL?

They don't present OBL's statements as the truth, but as a tape from OBL.

OBL's statements are news. Why not show them? Bush and Cheney haven't been telling the truth but their statements on the news all the time.