1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dead Like Me Season 2

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Oski2005, Oct 26, 2004.

1. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

Does anybody else here watch this show? I started watching it when I downloaded the first season early this year, then I bought the DVDs. Now, I've been downloading season 2.

If you don't know, the show is about Grim Reapers. Some people die and instead of crossing over, they are assigned to the job of reaping. Reapers take people's souls right before they die and then guide the soul to the other side, whatever that may be.

Here's an official synopsis:

Georgia "George" Lass (ELLEN MUTH) is a young college drop-out who has no job skills and seems unable to take an interest in anything, including her own life. She cultivates an air of cynicism that infuriates her mother, baffles her father, and isolates her younger sister. George is about to get a wake-up call.

With her mother Joy (CYNTHIA STEVENSON) insisting that she get a job, George applies to a temp agency that sends her out as a file clerk. Her lunch break - and her life - are cut short when a toilet seat from the MIR space station drives her into the pavement. George does not realize that she is dead until Rube (MANDY PATINKIN), the kindly leader of a team of grim reapers, points out her remains. Rube takes George under his wing and introduces her to the other members of his undead group: Mason (CALLUM BLUE), Roxy (JASMINE GUY) and Betty (REBECCA GAYHEART).

The members of Rube's team of reapers are all, like George, people who died with unresolved issues. They still have lessons to learn that - for one reason or another - they failed to learn in life. They move about the Pacific Northwest in the full light of day. They walk the city streets and eat at all-night diners, just like anyone else. They have to find somewhere to live, cook, eat and do their laundry. They look just like everyone else but as grim reapers they appear physically different to the living than they did when they were alive.

What George experiences beyond death is the focus of this darkly comedic series. It takes a slightly twisted look at life and at one possible version of life in the after life. What if death is not the end? What if it is not even an escape from the issues that plagued us? What if it is not a way to avoid accountability, but an opportunity to accept responsibility? What if it is a wake-up call?

http://www.deadlikeme.tv/index.php

If you've got Showtime, check it out. If you use BT, download it.

BTW, Mandy Patinkin, who you might remember as Inigo Montoya
    from the Princess Bride, is also in it. If you haven't seen him in anything since that movie, you might not recognize him at first.

The show is witty and is darkly comedic. It's the kind of show that I think should be on network or basic cable. The gore doesn't approach CSI levels. The language wouldn't fly though.

2. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

Dead Like Me is pretty good. Not the best show around, but definitely entertaining. My wife was into it... until they killed the dog. Now she won't watch the show anymore. (I told her, "It's a freaking show about death. Of course people & animals are gonna die!")

3. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I've been meaning to check this out. Season 2's about over, right?

4. PhiSlammaJamma

I saw a few episodes. I think it grew on me. But I don't try to watch it. I let it watch me sometimes.

5. outlaw

outlaw Member

saw all of season one but none of two since i don't have showtime anymore.

how does 2 compare?

6. Oski2005

I've enjoyed Season 2 a lot. It seems they've dropped the premise that the reapers have a different appearence to the outside world as you see the characters as themselves in mirrors. Also, the main character George looked pretty ugly in her outward appearence, but now she seems to be attracting the attention of lots of guys, so they must see her as she really is.

7. Xenon

Xenon Contributing Member

Man, I absolutely love this show and I usually hate TV. The season finale is Sunday and there may be a cliffhanger type ending. Definately looking forward to it. Btw, Laura Harris is hot. :)

8. Oski2005

Oh man, I've got a mad crush on Daisy Adair. I've been looking for an excuse to talk about Laura Harris for a while now. I was gonna start an under the radar babes thread or something.

I wasn't that in to her when she was in the faculty, but when I saw her on this show, she just looked so much better to me. I don't know what it is, but when I look at pics of her outside the show, she doesn't seem to look as good. Here's a good pic though.

[​IMG]

9. Xenon

Xenon Contributing Member

Just noticed your sig is a DLM quote. How cool is that? ;)

Yeah, she is way hot on this show and I love what they've done with her character since last season. She was pretty one dimensional last season. Can't wait for the upcoming episode. Oh and if you haven't been to www.deadlikemeonline.com you should. :D

10. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I don't watch this show. But why does that main girl seem to have such a deep gnomish voice, and would you hit it in spite of such?

11. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

I have really liked the show when I have seen it. I need to go back and rent Season 1 then Season 2 when it comes out.

Problem is I'm never around when it's on. Now that I have a DVR it doesn't matter. :)