1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Biggest Chuckers in the league?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Rocket River, Jul 24, 2004.

?

Biggest Chuckers

1. Antoine Walker

72 vote(s)
    61.5%
  2. Glen Rice

4 vote(s)
    3.4%
  3. Glen Robinson

16 vote(s)
    13.7%
  4. Allen Iverson

22 vote(s)
    18.8%
  5. Other

3 vote(s)
    2.6%
  1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Who is someone that seems to throw up alot
    of shots and basically doesn't do much else. . . .

Antoine Walker
    Glen Robinson
    Glen Rice
    Allen Iverson

ok Iverson tries to play D ;)

Who else should be on this list

2. KaiSeR SoZe

KaiSeR SoZe Contributing Member

my other vote goes to Antoine Walker, I accidently hit the button

3. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

have you seen slava medvedenko?

4. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

I have to go with Glenn Robinson. At least Walker will pass it every once in a while when he's trying to show off his point forward skills. :rolleyes:

5. haven

haven Member

Antoine Walker.

He's one of the most worthless players I've ever seen. Dallas trading for that cancer's the worst move they've made since Cuban joined.

I had the... errm... "privilege" of seeing him in person a lot for Boston. He takes plays off when he's not going to shoot, he never met a long range shot he didn't like (and he can't shoot the 3).

It's an utter waste. When he bothers, he's got great passing instincts. He's dynamic about 18 feet away from the basket, and had great moves.

He could have been the best point forward in the game. Instead, he's a tall guard who can't shoot.

6. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You didn't include any white players on that list you racist.

;)

7. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

throw in slava and that's a great list.

when i really just think shoots, shoots, shoots some more, and does nothing else, i really think of big dog first. i mean it just seems like he shoots all the time and there's nothing else he's even decent at. but, he hits his shots, so i don't think i can make him the biggest chucker.

as far as pure shot selection and throwing up everything, i'll have to give it to toine. he'll shoot from anywhere, he shoots all the time, and he doesn't shoot well. sure, he'll have a game where he hits 5 3's every once in a while, but all the 3 for 17's in between don't help.

as far as "why the hell do you always shoot" it's slava and i'm not sure it's close. i swear, the guy plays with four hall of famers on the court and he is as big a lock to take a shot once he gets the ball as anyone in the league. i remember our first game against the lakers this year, he was something like 1-12 in the middle of the 3rd quarter, yeah the 3rd quarter , though it was partially b/c we purposely left him open, and he then proceeded to catch a ball and basically because he wasn't completely guarded he decided to chuck it up again. hit the side of the backboard. even though he was helping us i almost wanted to scream "STOP SHOOTING!" i think he finally did at that point or he just got pulled, one or the other. it's just amazing how much he'll shoot. mo taylor is a passing machine in comparison.

however, having said all that, because he doesn't get nearly the volume of shots of toine, the title reverts back to walker.

iverson i don't consider a chucker like these guys because that's what he's there to do for the sixers' offense, even if it is chucking a lot of the time. plus he hustles a lot and gets steals so he does something else.

8. WLH

WLH Member

I say Walker, and is Rice even gonna play anymore? Plus he was a hell of a shooter in Charlotte.

9. HOOP-T

HOOP-T Member

Richard Jefferson should be on that list. Did you see him in that celebrity game? He was one of 4 NBA players in the game at any given time, and was a complete black hole - throw ball in, ball never comes out.

He was taking it way too seriously.....but I digress.

10. indaclubam2pm

indaclubam2pm Contributing Member

i voted walker

11. Man

Man Contributing Member

i voted for antoine walker too. Definitely Antoine Walker.

12. LiLStevie3

LiLStevie3 Member

Antoine Walker is my choice too.

Kobe Bryant isn't your definition of "chucker", as he is a terrific all-around player. But he does have a chucker mentality at times. Some of the garbage he throws up just makes you scratch your head.

13. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

if you watched summer league, kirk synder for the jazz was like that. though i can't believe jerry sloan will allow that.

14. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

Biggest Chuckster?

[​IMG]

Biggest chucker? Walker. (who just happens to think he's the Chuckster.)

#14 IROC it, Jul 26, 2004
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2004
  15. DeAleck

DeAleck Contributing Member

Iverson may try to pass once in every ten possessions, but this Iverson wattabe passes once in every two seasons.

[​IMG]

16. sup123

sup123 Member

and some people want him on the rockets.

17. slcrocket

slcrocket Contributing Member

Why does Iverson have 19 votes, but nobody seems to be making the case against him?
    Iverson gives you more than just a lot of shots, which is more than what I can say for Mr. Walker.