1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kill Bill Volume 2

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Nomar, Apr 4, 2004.

1. sgm

sgm Member

It has been released.The menu made of cartoon is wonderful!:)

2. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

3. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

That's actually a Robert Rodriguez movie. He wrote the story as well. I'm guessing QT wrote dialogue.

4. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

BAH!!!! What a let down! :mad:

It really was not that terrible, but I was going into KB2 expecting a kick ass kung foo action flick and I got a half ass Jackie Brown. All of the build up to the well done action sequences, and style that went into them, were not in this flick. The showdown with O-Ren Ishii was the highlight of both movies.

*****SPOILERS********

This movie just seemed like a one trick poney with the Bride's daughter still being alive, and the trick was not good enough to make it a good movie by itself in my eyes.

5. yipengzhao

yipengzhao Contributing Member

Just saw it myself but wow... someone here is a diehard fan and saw it before me.

I would agree that the first one had more stylistic fighting scenes... but the second one had pretty explosive one on one fighting. The dialogue was crisp and funny like the first, and the "cruel tutelage of pai mei" is one of the funniest scenes I've ever seen... maybe because i've seen so many kung fu movies.

saw a trailer for quentin tarantino presents "Hero" with Jet Li. I think it's cool that it's being released in America. QT is a true fan... I really appreciate what he's doing by first bringing over Iron Monkey and now Hero.

Anyway... now there's no movie that I'm dying to see for a long time...

6. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

I think the change in pace from the first one will annoy some people. I enjoyed it, but seeing it, I can't help but think it really should have been cut down to one movie. I'm upset that they cut out some the scenes that you see in the trailer that involve Bill fighting. As the movie stands now, you don't really get to see Bill kick any ass.

The dialougue, of course, is excellent.

7. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Now that I'm over the fact that my blood lust wasn't satisfied I think the movie as a whole was pretty good. The problem with KB1 was to much action, but not much story. KB2 was too much story, but not enough action. I think a more even balance throughout the movie would have made it more enjoyable.

KB2 did make KB1 a better movie though because it gave it the character development which it lacked. Overall, as a complete movie, I'll give it *** stars.

8. Kilgore Trout

Kilgore Trout Contributing Member

Its nice to see that Hero is finally being released over here. With the success of crouching tiger Im kind of suprised it too so long.

9. yipengzhao

hey man... no need to curse:p

10. Nomar

Nomar Member

No those stars are his rating system, he didn't curse.

Hopefully I will be seeing it this weekend sometime.

11. yipengzhao

haha... yeah i realize. but that's what it reminded me of. cuz you know if you try to type **** it turns into four stars.

12. meh

meh Contributing Member

I had the same feelings after I saw the movie. Had it been one single movie, there would've been a good balance between fighting and the dialogue. But instead there was too much concentration of action in the first movie. It's as if they used up all the money scenes, and had nothing left for the 2nd installment.

On the subject of Hero, I'm quite surprised they've decided to bring it over to the US. I don't think the comparison to Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon is apt. They're two completely different types of movies. When I saw Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon, I just knew it in my guts that it would be a hit here. I didn't get the same feeling after watching Hero.

Now, I was suprised at the I, Robot trailer. Pretty big fan of Assimov back in high school, but never thought his books would be blockbuster movie material.

13. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

Just saw the second one without seeing the first one (tried to rent it from 3 stores on thursday with no luck). I really like the movie. It was sweet.

14. yipengzhao

which is too bad because Hero is a whole level of filmmaking above CTHD.

15. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

i saw part 2 today. not bad for the most part, actually i think the first hour might have been better than than part 1. however it was way way too late for me to sit through that long ass dialogue with bill and enjoy it. the pai mei scenes were sweet though.

16. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Contributing Member

The movie kicked ass! I think what people have to remember is that this is not a sequal but part of ONE big movie. I recomend that every one sees the first one again before going out to see Vol.2

17. HAYJON02

HAYJON02 Contributing Member

Definitely liked the different tones of the movies. Action in the first, emotion in the second, though both hit equally hard.

Most Clever movies I've ever seen.

18. yipengzhao

No on has any more thoughts on this movie? I talked to a film student friend of mine and he thought it was underwhelming. But he did like the first one. I have to say... if they released the whole thing together it would have been better... even better than pulp fiction.

I really really liked the cruel tutelage of pai mei. He's really got the Hong Kong kung fu soap opera genre down pat.