1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rocket Trade Ideas 2019-20

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shark44, Jul 24, 2019.

1. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I agree I’d rather have Wood/RoCo, but I think it’s incredibly unlikely Wood doesn’t get offered significantly more then a tax payer MLE. I expect him to get more then the non tax payer MLE as well. Wood was putting up VERY good numbers. In the 12 games he started 20/9 in the 9 games after the all star break 24/9, on very good percentages, as a 6’10 25 year old who’s athletic and can shoot the 3.

I wouldn’t he surprised if he got 4/60 or 3/45. The most we can offer is 3/18.

AceOfSpades, Rudyc281 and D-rock like this.
  2. D-rock

D-rock Member

Still would not trade RoCo for Turner.

Would rather package EGo w/FRP than give up RoCo.

And Bamba will be better than Turner IMO. Better rebounder, better rim protector, better perimeter defender, better disruptor, better lob threat, better creator and about as good from 3P.

Should be cheaper to acquire as well.

Perhaps House & pick for Bamba then portion of MLE for Meyers Leonard.

And Leonard is much better 3ball shooter than Turner.

fattz, Rudyc281 and Dankstronaut like this.
  3. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

I'll co-sign on House for Bamba/sign Leonard.

Is Caboclo a free agent? I thought he had another year left.

fattz, D-rock and Rudyc281 like this.
  4. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

I like how everyone is throwing out ideas and thinking Tillman will use the mle, when we all know all he’s gonna do is dump salary, and sign more players to the minimum.

5. HP3

HP3 Member

I just want to say something. I dont care how logical the trade is. I DO NOT WANT TO TRADE PJ TUCKER. SCREW THAT. Give him money, have him retire a Rocket and then put him on the coaching staff, I do not care. I DO NOT CARE.

6. D-rock

D-rock Member

He will have to use it THIS season, Patrick's legacy is on the line.

Patrick personally hand picked Silas so he needs to make sure he has the weapons he needs.

7. D-rock

D-rock Member

He is a FA, that is why Grizz gave him up on the cheap.

But should not take much to re-sign, just need to do it fast before Morey remembers why he reacquired him for Houston.

8. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Bruno doesn't even meet the criteria of a fool's gold player.

9. Vivi

Vivi Member

"San Antonio and Al Horford interest is real. They want him and they want someone who can run their system somewhat like TD used to do. Especially since its seen that DeRozan will opt out. This can open up PHI to expirings in LMA and Mills who could interest OKC for CP3 plus their draft assets that they have a lot of.

Remember when I said MIL is out on CP3 due to the cost and value, well, they are back at it after their original wants have failed (Jrue, Zo Ball, etc). The biggest thing they have in their vantage is CP3 wants to go to Milwaukee more than Philadelphia and hiring Morey did not help Philly's case either. Obviously, Philly is more appealing to OKC than Milwaukee due to their overall willing draft assets and pieces but this is CP3 decision. This isn't 2k."

D-rock likes this.
  10. D-rock

D-rock Member

Lousy time to opt out, wonder where DeRozan is itching to go?

Back home to LA - Clips or Lakers?

Or back "home" to Toronto.

11. treyk3

treyk3 Member

DeRozan and Gordon Hayward obviously are getting the Horford treatment somewhere.

Vivi and D-rock like this.
  12. D-rock

D-rock Member

Only if they opt IN.

And @Vivi just informed us that DeRozan is opting OUT.

13. treyk3

treyk3 Member

What are you talking about?

Horford opted out and signed with the 76ers.

I could see Detroit using their money set aside for Wood to go to DeMar.

14. D-rock

D-rock Member

Hayward and DeRozan have player options this season, Horford does not.

How am I supposed to know you are discussing Horford's past opt out?

Many besides Horford have opted out in past. Tense is important.

15. treyk3

treyk3 Member

It's obvious when I talk about Horford treatment with regards to those two what I mean. Players that are on what are viewed as being on above market final years of contracts (Drummond is another) who opt out. They aren't opting out hoping a team matches it. They are opting out knowing there are teams that will pay something that will more than make them whole.

16. Vivi

Vivi Member

This is also my guess, teams that are willing to compete (not necessarly content) and not interested or in the position to tank like Orlando, Detroit (as long as they can't trade Blake), Washington, Minnesota, Sacramento, San Antonio, Toronto could take a flyer on those players (especially Hayward since he's pretty much the Horford of the guards/wings, he would fit anywere). But then you have also teams with no cap space that could open up that by retooling (Clippers by moving George, Pacers by moving Oladipo/Turner).

Fwiw, i think Hayward is going to have a ton of suitors if he enters free agency, Derozan not so much, but a couple of teams should be willing to pay him at least around 20M per season i think.

D-rock likes this.
  17. D-rock

D-rock Member

Not sure DeRozan wants to play in Detroit but I guess money talks.

18. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Reunion with Casey. They were very close.

Vivi and D-rock like this.
  19. D-rock

D-rock Member

I agree, Hayward's skillset matches the modern game. I can see him getting a better deal than his opt in.

DeRozan, I'm not so sure while he used to be a big time scorer he is moreso a mid range guy, and not as good on defense.

Drummond would be fool to opt out.

Vivi likes this.
  20. Tristan_fiore

Tristan_fiore Member

Not sure if the Nuggets would do this but it would save Tilman like $3.1M so...

DEN: EG and a 2nd round pick
    HOU: Will Barton