1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

share your pregnancy stories

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by TWS1986, Oct 30, 2020.

1. Exiled

Exiled Member

seeing your wife giving birth is like watching your favorite restaurant burn down

-Russel Peter

Ubiquitin likes this.
  2. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

That seems to be a popular theme too, when people stop trying and just have sex like they normally do w/o birth control. Something to think about too certainly lol.

VooDooPope likes this.
  3. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

Just hearing vasectomy makes me cringe right now, but down the road I'm sure I'll get one too. Don't want to have more than 2 or 3, preferably 2 haha. We'll see how that plan works out!

Your kids sound like a good bunch. I would imagine being a father is something that's really really special. It's gotta have plenty of hair pulling moments too and sleepless nights, but I'm really looking forward to it. Just to be able to hold a little version of me in my arms is going to be pretty special.

7 years, wow. Glad it had a happy ending though. My wife's mom ended up having gestational diabetes with her in the womb too.

4. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Only a fool stands facing the... event. Real Gs stand behind the mom where the view is blocked.

STR8Thugg likes this.
  5. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Oh yeah, it's common for a little poop to come out when your lady is pushing. Good nurses will just wipe that up, lickedy-split.

boomboom, STR8Thugg and TWS1986 like this.
  6. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

This reminded me of Clark's quote in National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation for some reason.

[​IMG]

And yeah, she's a nurse actually in labor and delivery. She knows all about poop and baby pushing lol.

Xerobull likes this.
  7. malakas

malakas Member

Every pregnancy story I have from my friends and family members is a horror story.
    Vomiting twice a day for 3 months ,
    awful smells,
    constant need to pee,
    watching people around you enjoy a beer and you cant even have a drop
    having to stay in bed for weeks,
    bloating and swelling, cramps and back pain
    men being stupid without helping the situation
    desperately counting the days and the little not wanting to come out for weeks
    and then

UNIMAGINABLE pain like nothing ever experienced before.
    For HOURS and HOURS
    while stupid nurses tell you that "pregnancy pain is what means to be a woman" and doctors poking you all over.

Being pregnant is terrible. And let's not talk about devastating nipple pain from milking the baby
    But you probably dont want to hear about all that.

Good luck to your wife!

8. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Do they not do epidurals in Greece? That's what my wife did. I think you'd be crazy not to.

TWS1986 and STR8Thugg like this.
  9. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

QFT.

Also the always popular/helpful advice of "just don't be stressed or think about it and it'll happen for you!"

A close runner up is "y'all should start trying soon before you get too old."

G'luck @TWS1986

TWS1986 likes this.
  10. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

Jesus dude, lol.

11. Xerobull

I'm 95% sure @malakas is a lady.

That's a pretty doom and gloom rundown. My wife loved being pregnant for the most part.

There are ways to mitigate most of what she laid out:

• Vomiting twice a day for 3 months - Ginger candy & Sominex
    • awful smells - My wife smells pretty good, she was sensitive to certain smells but it was easy to avoid
    • constant need to pee - later in the pregnancy
    • watching people around you enjoy a beer and you cant even have a drop boo hoo, go huff some gas fumes
    • having to stay in bed for weeks not usually the case. For two of my wife's she worked until the day she had the baby
    • bloating and swelling, cramps and back pain - she can take pain meds
    • men being stupid without helping the situation - men are always stupid. smart husbands keep their mouths shut
    • desperately counting the days and the little not wanting to come out for weeks - I wouldn't call it desperate. Due dates are pretty accurate
    • UNIMAGINABLE pain like nothing ever experienced before.For HOURS and HOURS - Epidural
    • While stupid nurses tell you that "pregnancy pain is what means to be a woman" and doctors poking you all over You can tour birthing areas and talk to nurses before you have the baby. This **** never happened to us.
    • Being pregnant is terrible. And let's not talk about devastating nipple pain from milking the baby - There's cream for that. My wife misses nursing sometimes.

malakas and TWS1986 like this.
  12. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

Looking back on it, I should have zoned in on the men are stupid part. Yes, likely not a man indeed. My apologies @malakas. But still Jesus! :)

malakas likes this.
  13. malakas

malakas Member

yes but with one of my cousins it didn't work well and my best friend decided to give "natural" birth because of information about how it affects the baby.

Glad that you mentioned though because there are a lot of women who are pressured by nurses or relatives to not have epidural.

Here is an article :
    https://www.theguardian.com/lifeand...eing-refused-epidurals-official-inquiry-finds

i am sorry I just posted my second hand experience and the truth is that if you feel bad then imagine me I am terrified by the whole prospect of going all through this.
    Pregnancy is a horror.

Haymitch likes this.
  14. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

Aww lol. I mean I'm not ALL women feel that way do they? I hope yours is much better than your friends and other peoples you've heard about.

malakas likes this.
  15. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Oh, that reminds me of when my wife's water had broken on the first kid. I was assuming that within an hour or two she would be delivering...little did I know we would spend the entire evening in the hospital and that the real labor wouldn't begin until late the next morning. So my wife is sleeping in the hospital bed and I am just staring at some monitor thinking, "It will be any second now!". In the middle of the night, someone came into the room next door to deliver and didn't take the epidural option and those constant blood-curling screams still terrify me. I was crapping myself...and it was my wife who was going to be going through the experience. I was very happy that she chose drugs the next morning. Bravo to women!

boomboom and malakas like this.
  16. malakas

malakas Member

The first is the most difficult after that they say they pop out without much pain and trouble. lol
    Thank you I hope your wife is a lucky one and has an easy pregnancy.

and whatever inconvenience happens thereafter just know that it will probably be "your fault" and you will be the one to take the blame. :)
    Especially during labour if you don't curse at your husband you just can't do it.

TWS1986 likes this.
  17. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

crazy when this happens. warning its a lot.
    can you imagine water breaking in a taxi..i know im exaggerating but its at least a gallon.

have fun trying could be pregnant in days or already.
    also once done no more kids - a vasectomy is best thing ever

18. Juxtaposed Jolt

This thread is for pregnancy stories, not horrible scared shitless halloween stories.

I physically cringed when I read this. :eek:

19. Xerobull

Meh, it’s not that big a deal, more uncomfortable than anything else. I’ve been kicked in the nuts far worse.

TWS1986 and boomboom like this.
  20. thejav

thejav Member

Wife about to give birth to our 1st child in December. Scared shitless. We need to stop watching this is us. Haha.

TWS1986, malakas and Xerobull like this.