1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Morey Departure Now Makes Sense (Chronicle)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by sirjesse, Oct 29, 2020.

1. PigMiller

PigMiller Member

Yall, YOLO is Daryl. FYI.

2. bmelo

bmelo Member

^up

You guys should just sex with each other and get it over with. Maybe you can date at one of Tilman restaurants?

D-rock and PigMiller like this.
  3. PigMiller

PigMiller Member

I'd have considered it a few years ago probably. He's put on some weight more recently though.

bmelo likes this.
  4. bmelo

bmelo Member

more chins to love

daywalker02 and PigMiller like this.
  5. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

I don’t blame Morey for wanting out, but the contract thing has bothered me from the beginning. I wouldn’t be surprised to see tampering charges thrown out there at some point.

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

you keep announcing it. you don't need to. we know already LOL

7. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Maybe for the Nuggets, but I think Riley and Ujiri have always been respected on that front.

Ujiri has overseen multiple drafts where he finds real gems. He seems to do a good job of getting value out of his draft picks. I guess we'll see how things stack up, I feel like Ujiri has been the most underrated executive in the NBA when all he's done is field super competitive teams also without tanking.

8. PigMiller

PigMiller Member

I like bmelo's idea. How about a meal at Saltgrass? We can work things out over a nice T-Bone cooked to juicy perfection by one of the chefs that I personally micro-manage. It'll be my treat and you can even eat low carb if you're trying to lose a chin or two! Just avoid the bread basket.

9. PigMiller

PigMiller Member

Or Landry's...surf and turf? YOLO baby!

10. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

can someone post the article?

11. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

Get r dun Murray!

bmelo likes this.
  12. YOLO

YOLO Member

Wouldn't say their resume is all that great. Siakim is by a good margin the best considering his late 1st pick.

Miami's draft picks prior to bam and herro in the last 10 years

Winslow
    Richardson
    Hairston
    Christon
    Moultrie
    Bogdanovic
    pittman
    varnado
    dasean butler
    latavious williams

Raptors picks in the last 10 years

Hernandez
    Anunoby
    Poltl
    Siakim
    Wright
    Bruno
    Daniels
    Thames
    Ross
    Acy
    Zubcic
    Valaciunus
    Davis
    DD

13. YOLO

YOLO Member

only loser's like you eat at your restaurants

TWS1986 likes this.
  14. D-rock

D-rock Member

I enjoy our debates but you were wrong about MDA, you were wrong about Morey and you were wrong about Harden.

Your knee jerks are going to give you a heart attack.

Take a deep breath, Silas, Stone and Harden may yet prove you wrong about them too.

And as a Rockets fan, that would be a great thing.

Verbal Christ likes this.
  15. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I'm admitting I was wrong in the post you just read and hoping I'm wrong again.

TWS1986 and D-rock like this.
  16. D-rock

D-rock Member

So I guess Brian T. Smith is Tilman's Rudy Guiliani.

What an embarrassment of an article. Every legit journalist should feel dirty after reading this.

17. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

With the Raptors I'm only considering Ujiri's Raptors. If you look at his draft history it's littered with gems.

For the Heat, Richardson was an amazing pick, and part of their package for Butler, a 2nd round guy, they could not hope for more and he's a borderline starter, definitely a starter on most teams. The rest of those guys, like a good a chunk of them, they traded away on draft pick. Even if it is just recent history, it's a lot better than our draft history. Like that's the one thing I can say we haven't had that much of with Morey. Outside of Capela really and Dmo that excitement of seeing a young prospect grow and develop.

We have guys like House and Beverly and Parsons sure but you always feel like those guys have a ceiling. But guys like Bam and Herro and Siakam, i could see these guys being all-stars for years to come. Guys like Jokic, later draft picks like that, even if that is recent thats something that should go on the resume. Finding an all-nba player in the 2nd round is a huge boon to a franchise.

I don't think Morey should be shamed for his drafting, just that other teams have done better.

18. PigMiller

PigMiller Member

Fair enough. Your chins are probably craving a Big Mac anyway.

19. what

what Member

Morey has no resources left in houston other than harden. He doesn't want the consequences of his trades for Russell Westbrook and Chris Paul.
    That's point blank and the end.
    In Philly he can do so much more because he has all his resources and run them into the ground.

HillBoy likes this.
  20. YOLO

YOLO Member

I wouldn’t consider it that much different considering their picks are much higher. Nobody is saying he is the best when it comes to draft. He’s done what he’s been able to just like anyone else

HP3 likes this.