1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

Let's judge Tillman from this point on

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by wizkid83, Oct 29, 2020.

1. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

If you're a Rockets fan, and chose to stick with the team, now it's time for a true clean slate. Instead of arguing about his decisions/actions up Moreys resignation, let's argue about what the team do from here on out :)

So far the Silas hire seems to be received well around the league. Lets see what happens from here on out. That doesn't mean I'd blame Tillman if rockets end up in the lottery, or give him all the credit if the Rockets win it all next year. It'll have to be based on the decisions this organization make from now on.

2. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Hire Silas. Check

Extend Harden. End these stupid rumors now and prove that Harden will be here for the rest of his career.

Hire Shane Battier to be head of Ops. He's smarter than Morey (which is saying a lot) and way more likeable. Let Shane fill in the rest of the basketball operations, he's brilliant and will set us up for a decade of success.

Sign Christian Wood using the Full MLE. I want every single dollar possibly spent to be spent.

Operate under the hard cap and exceed the luxury threshold. If the team doesn't win in the next two years, it's going to be hard to consider them a real contender. These are the final years you HAVE to go all in. If it works, keep at it if you want, if you don't fine, we just want ONE championship for the bearded GOAT. You aren't going to get hit with a repeater tax.

I want guys like Ariza back on this team. He got his payday. Make him a rotation player on a minimum deal. He's out in Miami now with Harden and Tucker.

I want every roster spot used. I want 2-4 guys there who are being developed and I want no one other than that to be unplayable.

I want top assistants to be paid. I want the stadium to finally be upgraded. You have talked about that since you got here. Give all of your employees at Toyota Center a better place to work.

3. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

I will have zero faith in the m-f'er. I will always be a Rockets fan, but this is not going to end well.

4. YOLO

YOLO Member

from this point on. what a joke. its a damn shame it takes someone to ruin a organization to finally say ok lets start judging now. how pathetic

Richie_Rich, vator, s3ts and 12 others like this.
  5. PigMiller

PigMiller Member

psst. wizkid is patrick.

6. dmoneybangbang

Yea that's going to be hard to do.....

I can understand how this is a new era, but its hard to divorce the recent past.

DeBeards and D-rock like this.
  7. thekad

thekad Member

It’d be weird to start judging him after he dismantled one of the greatest teams of all time, saddled it with a gigantic albatross contract of a declining player and pushed away one of the top GMs in the league.

But yes it does get worse from here.

8. pass_to_Hakeem

I don’t believe Tilman will do half of these things. They are look and sound great but he has proven to be a “bottom line” owner.

D-rock likes this.
  9. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Clean slate now that the damage has been done?

10. HP3

HP3 Member

No. Im not gonna judge him after he ruined a lot already.

11. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

He needs a clean slate in order to do that because this is still Morey's team. Tilman didn't make MDA play small ball.

We need to dump Harden and Russ and then we can see what his regime is about.

12. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

I've had the same thoughts it's so apparent Tilman didn't **** with Morey what if he turns things around now that he's gone. Morey did control the team.

Silas should have been hired years ago

13. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

[​IMG]
    "Look, we now have a clean slate. Let's give the Emperor the benefit of the doubt and judge him from here on out."

14. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Why? He has already destroyed the organization.

Lets start when he bought the team and methodically turned it into a Clown Show.

vator, fattz, D-rock and 4 others like this.
  15. YOLO

YOLO Member

If OP is married or has a SO, I can see him cheating and doing everything wrong in the relationship. Then when he's tired of it/gets caught, now you can judge me from this point on

[​IMG]

16. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I judge Tilman for all his other shitty businesses and his mafia ways.

B-Bob, D-rock, daywalker02 and 4 others like this.
  17. Nook

Nook Member

This.

This mother ****** took a huge dump on the Rockets but we are supposed to forget all the stupid things he has done and start anew? Nope.

This REALLY sounds a lot like Texan fans trying to rationalize the McNair’s ******** all over the Texans for years.

18. Nook

Nook Member

Sorry I drowned our son in the bath tub, microwaved the cat and set the house on fire... but hey, let bygones be bygones and just judge me from here on out.

joshuaao, B-Bob, lpbman and 7 others like this.
  19. Nook

Nook Member

“Hey now the view is unobstructed.”

20. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

So we're just supposed to forget about all the salary dumps ?

Starting with Ariza , Ryno / Knight and finally Shumpert ..... which included 2 first round picks and 2 2nds.

Not spending the MLE in back to back years ?

That long laundry list of cost cutting moves were polar opposite anything Morey had done prior. He turned dimes into dollars , until Ferntits came alone , then he was giving away dollars for pennies.

Fk Ferntits and his spoiled ass wanna be GM brat.