1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Morey Departure Now Makes Sense (Chronicle)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by sirjesse, Oct 29, 2020.

1. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

I think the hate for Tilman here is a bit over exaggerated?!

Time will show the whole story, but looking at the bigger picture, Murray had 13 years of pretty much doing whatever he wanted to do, and he hasn't delivered IMO. How many chances are you guys willing to give the guy for delivering the same results year after year? Yea I know, you will find an excuse, injury, money, trade...but at the end of the day we didnt even win the conference once

2. Nook

Nook Member

I'm sure having the son of the owner following Morey around like a puppy dog and reporting back to Tilman probably didn't endear him with Morey.

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

4. YOLO

YOLO Member

and in a span of just 2 years, tilman has managed to take a 65 win team and dismantle it to be a pretender on its way to being out of the playoffs. awesome. its funny how you seem to think that's on morey and can't read between the lines but as usual reality checks will set in when they have done so a while ago

5. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

I think many are missing the point that Tilman is happy to be out from under Daryls contract. That is his win.

BallSoHarden and RudyTBag like this.
  6. hakeemthagreat

I've posted it before. We'll be better off without the negative stigma of Daryl Morey hovering above our organization. Hopefully Stone has better communication skills & a willingness to connect with any player outside of James Harden. We need to get back to the hardworking reputation that we had in the clutch city days

7. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I don't think you can say that he could do "whatever he wanted to do." It is common knowledge that Les did not allow Morey to tank. When Morey took over, we had two injury-prone stars and a bunch of below average role players, some on bad contracts. I remember after a couple of years or so when it was clear we weren't going to contend with TMac out of the picture and Yao kept getting season ending injuries, this board was debating whether we should blow it up and tank.

Tanking never happened and later we knew that it was Les's idea to never tank. Hinkie, Morey's top guy, went to Philly and immediately tanked and got them a ton of assets. Hinkie is from the same analytics mode of Morey's. I am quite sure that Morey would have thought that tanking had the best probability for building a contender. That doesn't necessarily mean that Morey would want to built through the draft. But having a bunch of great picks is prime assets for making deals to land you some high quality talents.

D-rock, HP3 and YOLO like this.
  8. PigMiller

PigMiller Member

It's true, I actually bought access to this random Clutchfans account so that me, as the new owner of the Rockets, could interact with internet geniuses anonymously...but you've outed me. :(

YOLO m.f.!!!!!!!!!

9. YOLO

YOLO Member

and with that said how ironic someone has to all of a sudden come to daddy/son's defense. yall both are idiots regardless

HP3 likes this.
  10. PigMiller

PigMiller Member

My feelings are very much hurt.

11. YOLO

YOLO Member

good to know

12. PigMiller

PigMiller Member

On second thought, because YOLO's an angry internet troll, I'm gonna get on the phone and get Morey back. Then I'll sell the team so YOLO can be happy with his one life. Brb.

13. YOLO

YOLO Member

morey deleted your number a long time ago dummy. you thought he'd be an advisor and told the entire world publicly LOL

14. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

This is pretty dramatic! I really hope Fertitta doesnt "go after" Morey - what would that prove?

Just move on - this thing is stinking of petty and hurt feelings.

D-rock likes this.
  15. PigMiller

PigMiller Member

I think there are ways to work around that, no? Maybe call from a private number. I'll figure it out.

16. YOLO

YOLO Member

yeah typical loser. figure it out

17. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I hope he goes after him and the 76ers and gets some money or a draft pick. I wouldn't care that Morey joined another team if the Rockets got something in return. I was cool with him taking a year off and I'm cool with him getting a new job now but you can't do both and he sold this to Tilman as a gap year. He was already negotiating with the 76ers when Tilman made that statement.

Hank McDowell likes this.
  18. PigMiller

PigMiller Member

Any other advice you'd like to personally give me? After all, you've got a direct line to the owner of the Rockets via this random Clutchfans BBS thread. I'll shut up and listen!

19. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

[​IMG]

20. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Probably a good thing tbh

I do think there is something to this idea that Morey was...I don't know, there are some that think there is no future without Morey. It sure feels that way, but Morey was not that great at drafting.

Other than Aaron Brooks and Capela most of these guys don't even stay in the NBA for long.