1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Alex Jones unplugged

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by biff17, Apr 1, 2019.

1. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Yes.... Biden is of sound mind. He proved it by having pretty solid debates.

Is he still 32, able to run marathons, and bench press 300 pounds? Probably not. Is he capable of leading the country out of the pandemic by putting together a coalition of medical, scientific, and other experts along with a coalition of governors, and bipartisan members of government to FINALLY get traction on bringing the pandemic to a reasonable number?? Yes.

Is he capable of putting together a cabinet of officials to competently lead their own respective agencies to further the interests of the United States? Yes.

Is he capable of signing a bill that both the House and Senate can agree on to finally get some productive legislation passed? Yes.

Is he capable of NOT destroying the affordable care act, and signing into law a public option passed by the House and Senate? Yes

I mean you guys act like being President is something that requires the athleticism of Lebron James, and the intellect of Stephen Hawking. The fact is Biden will actually be a good president for the next two years to do what Trump should have done which isn't really that much. In reality given what Presidents SHOULD do, a seasoned boring 80 year old moderate person actually is a good profile to do THAT without the other nonsense political crap getting in the way.

I think the issue here isn't Biden... it's the caricature of what Americans THINK a president is supposed to be that pollutes their mind in respect to what Good looks like in a profile for president. Maybe Obama sort of is to blame given how he was this icon (love him or hate him), and then Trump supercharged that caricature in a fascist white supremacist way.

RayRay10 and jiggyfly like this.
  2. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Is he capable of even understanding how Facebook works? How it is monetized? Who knows. But his cabinet can do all that I guess.

The world needs more leaders like Andrew Yang. But I will slowly back away and concede to you that Biden is an amazing choice for president there is no one better to understand the complex world we live in today.

lol

B@ffled and RayRay10 like this.
  3. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

[​IMG]

4. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

There are plenty of people better and you have the freedom to vote for Andrew Yang. Unfortunately, in our voting system, there are only 2 candidates that have a chance to win.

RayRay10 likes this.
  5. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

We got a high IQ internet tough guy over here.

Why the hell are you talking about kicking anybodies ass?

And you claim you are not angry.

Seems legit.

RayRay10 likes this.
  6. dobro1229

Andrew Yang is likely to get a cabinet position with the Biden admin. Yeah... Biden is a good president because of the fact that an Andrew Yang can bring his strengths, and then someone completely different can bring what they bring to their area of government.

Also, the number one goal of this presidency is to get BILLS done. Laws need to be passed. Our system of government is failing because of this fact that everything is outdated, and very little has been updated. The ACA was the only meaningful Bill to get passed that actually updated any of our pieces of infrastructure.

The President doesn't need to know how Facebook algorithms work, but he needs to be able to have the people that do have influence, and create a law that he can then have enough broad influence (Progressives to Conservatives) to get the actual BILL passed. This is why... while I agree with Bernie Sanders more on the issues.... I voted for Biden in the primary. I think Biden can get actual bills signed into law that Bernie might struggle with.

With the Trump admin everyone just has the profile and competency of one profile... and that is a sycophant white supremacist cult follower.

Having a president who is sort of milk toast is actually not a bad thing... especially coming out of the Trump years which proceeded the Obama years (I think Obama is great, but the idea of the presidency was misconstrued).

RayRay10 likes this.
  7. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I {heart} you.

RayRay10 likes this.
  8. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

What you should take into consideration is censoring him is more damaging. Conspiracy nuts are going to find Alex Jones regardless. Its how he initially got a name for himself. Alex Jones is not going to indoctrinate rational people in any significant numbers in a open dialogue with someone like Rogan. Ostracizing people is what indoctrinates people. The platforms choice of content should be respected. Rogan is a platform inside Spotify's platform. I am a little biased against Spotify because I do feel like they are trying to ostracize Alex Jones considering Spotify has some very questionable music on their platform.
    Case in point; I would not have known Alex Jones was recently on Joe Rogan other than news pieces mentioning this episode has been removed from Spotify.

9. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Very well stated.

RayRay10 likes this.
  10. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

?

RayRay10 likes this.
  11. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I ha

#131 peleincubus, Oct 29, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2020
    RayRay10 likes this.
  12. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Wow!

You actually went there.

RayRay10 likes this.
  13. dobro1229

Yeah that comment made me scratch my head a bit. I'm pretty sure Spotify, like Amazon, and Apple music pretty much carries every song ever made minus a few that have monetization right battles like Radiohead or Led Zeppelin. Even then, it almost always gets worked out.

jiggyfly and RayRay10 like this.
  14. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I deleted my post. Just having a good time lol

it feels good to be appreciative though.

regardless I’m ready to bow down to Biden or Trump next week. My white male overlord ready to make all my dreams come true.

B@ffled, jiggyfly and RayRay10 like this.
  15. Reeko

Reeko Member

this thread has descended down into the depths of pure fckery

makes sense in an Alex Jones thread I guess...

dobro1229 and RayRay10 like this.
  16. KingCheetah

lol

RayRay10 and jiggyfly like this.
  17. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Like 8 times I think. I don’t try to max out. Not good in general to do that I don’t think.

RayRay10 likes this.
  18. KingCheetah

325 pounds is a lot of weight.

RayRay10 likes this.
  19. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

It’s very hard for me to gain weight. I’m 6’ even. I used to weigh 165-170lbs 15-20 years ago. I’m around 190-195 these days. But if I didn’t put effort into it I would lose weight or muscle easily.

RayRay10 likes this.
  20. B@ffled

B@ffled Member

Did anyone touch on AJ's most recent appearance on Rogan, the day before yesterday? I scrolled through and it didn't jump out, so pardon me if I missed it.

I watched most of it last night and I was laughing my a$$ off. The Bohemian Grove part was priceless. Towards the end they went into AJ taking Adderall or used to. That dude does NOT need Adderall. Unless Adderall helps you collect your thoughts, which I suppose some of those meds do. AJ is so whacky and Rogan indulges him...almost protects him. If you go into it knowing what you're in for, it's a good laugh. If you're a serious person, I don't recommend it.