1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Do we become Sixers fans now?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bmd, Oct 28, 2020.

1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I will be watching them more closely.

Rocket River

2. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Lol c'mon na...

Uprising and Patience like this.
  3. csnerd84

csnerd84 Member

Yea, something like Ben Simons + Al Horford for Harden and Westbrook? Rockets can rebuild around Simons???

4. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Hell no.

Now if the 6ers are playing the Celtics in the ECF I might root for them, that's about it. I'll casually root for them.

Uprising and T for 3 like this.
  5. Nook

Nook Member

Time for @Clutch to make a separate GARM for the Sixers so Rockets fans can celebrate vicariously through the Sixers and their GM.

While the Rockets decide which terrible series of contracts they will take on to move Westbrook... the Sixers will be deciding what blockbuster to complete and compete for a title.

Thanks Tilman. Appreciate it...

Deuce, tinman, harold bingo and 5 others like this.
  6. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

No. Never Morey ball fan.

Exiled, Jbarrachina and Uprising like this.
  7. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Have fun with this next decade of Rockets basketball. I’m sure we’ll be way better than we were with Morey. Great things ahead!

8. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

since 1994 I've only rooted for the rockets to win. I think this is the first year I will also root for morey to win.

rockets will have priority. I want them to beat every team in the league. but this year I will also want the Sixers to beat everyone but the rockets. and it may stay that way while morey is there.

now it will get tricky when James is eventually traded and I'll have to decide between him and morey for the #2 spot.

RyanB, harold bingo and xaos like this.
  9. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

"Hope rises and dreams flicker and die. Love plans for tomorrow and loneliness thinks of yesterday. Life is beautiful and living is pain."

Boohoo.....Now get this $hit outta here before Dream comes and gives you a "saveeeeeer faaaaazzzzze jjjhhaaab"!

10. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

stfu

11. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

They're definitely my second team. I'll always be a Houston fan first, obviously, but I liked Morey a lot. I hope they have a lot of success (except against the rockets). I'd love to see Morey get a title, so long as it's not against Houston. I feel the same way about Harden, wherever he goes I'll continue to root for him the same way. It will never surpass the rockets, but I'm a fan for sure.

Nook, kjayp and HP3 like this.
  12. malakas

malakas Member

The 76ers have one of the most vile fanbases in the NBA.
    Definitely top 5 worst fans in the league.

I love Morey but no way I would ever root or associate myself with such garbage fans.
    So now I will have to root against him.

treyk3 likes this.
  13. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

I'll miss Morey at times, but you dont chase around ex executives thats kinda gay.

KePoW and T for 3 like this.
  14. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I'm right there with you. Entitled ****ing jerks. Just like Yankee and Lakers fans without the glamorous city. I hope the Rockets win the championship and I hope Morey fails in Philly. He can go solve real world problems like Hinkie after they fire him. (insert comic sans farewell note).

I PERSONALLY GUARANTEE THAT THE HOUSTON ROCKETS WILL WIN AN NBA CHAMPIONSHIP BEFORE THE GRANTLAND-TITLED "DORK ELVIS" WINS ONE. you can take that for data.

malakas likes this.
  15. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Is it the Houston Sixers? No? Then no.

I wasn't a believer in what Morey was trying to build here anyways. I became sick and tired of the endless threes. I understand today's NBA involves the 3 ball unlike any gen.....but we were never going to win with their game plan....

I couldn't care less about Phili. I'm just happy that's where he went versus a foe in the West. And better yet with the sixers, where I won't have to see or hear about him too much.....

It's not like the guy brought championships to Houston. He did bring us Harden, what a steal that was....but morey ball was never going to work. And it was painful to watch.

Exiled likes this.
  16. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

Is that a trick question?

I think a great hire by Philly, and he'll get them over the hump. I'm rooting for the guy.

YOLO and Nook like this.
  17. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

If you didn't like the endless threes I've got some bad news for you about the Silas hire...he was reportedly the "architect" of the offense over in Dallas, which was the #1 offense in the history of the NBA, and they shot the second most 3s in the league (behind Houston), shooting 41 per 100 possessions compared to our 43 per 100. So I wouldn't expect any noticeable difference in the number of threes, assuming Silas' plan for the offense here is the same one he ran in Dallas.

18. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

First Clutch has to delete all the LOFs left on the board
    Then the trolls from other teams (which are like 2)

19. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

Well, that won't work in Philly, so be interesting to see what he does. They are built as more of a traditional team.

Uprising likes this.
  20. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

Depends, are the sizers owned by China? Plus it’s the East... maybe with a well-managed team and high-octane offense- at least you’ll probably be winning a bunch. You’ll be going up against KD, Vagiannis, Butler, Raptors and Celtics.