1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[WOJ] Philly in advanced talks to hire Morey

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mikol13, Oct 28, 2020.

1. lionaire

lionaire Member

Happy for the big guy, great fit for both sides. Let's see if he can salvage the mess that Brand has made.

BHannes2BHonest, mikol13 and D-rock like this.
  2. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

I said this before. Morey worked tirelessly and made it look easy.

3. YOLO

YOLO Member

I mean neither are reasons to be optimistic

4. bumbum09

bumbum09 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Just like Moses, Momray can go to Philly and win a ring. He'll always be a Rocket legend to me...

5. treyk3

treyk3 Member

The team will make the playoffs this year and probably next as well. After that we are really going to get to see Tilman Fertita's signature style. It's going to be the Salt Grass of Basketball. Dry flavorless meat at prices that would make you think it was a real steakhouse!

6. D-rock

D-rock Member

Would love to read that - link?

Clock is ticking on Brand and with good reason.

And Doc better win because MDA will be lurking nearby.1

HP3 likes this.
  7. macan

macan Member

maybe Morey will hire MDA and trade Joel Embiid for Harden or Russ.,then run Morey ball there..

bmelo and Rudyc281 like this.
  8. Vivi

Vivi Member

I can't find it now, but it was posted here a year ago, i think it was a radio interview of Brand and he was talking about how bad the CP3 contract was etc, which was laughable since we just went one injury away to win it all against the best team ever, and even more laughable after Brand himself gave a 5 year max to a "scrub" like Tobias Harris and gave like 30M per season to Horford.

BHannes2BHonest, Nick_713 and D-rock like this.
  9. D-rock

D-rock Member

Watch Morey change all that.

And Harden with either Embiid and/or Simmons would absolutely OWN the East.

Imagine Simmons in Bam Adebayo role.

10. Reeko

Reeko Member

Can we hire a damn coach already?

11. D-rock

D-rock Member

LOL - No one in their right mind believed Tilly's BS cover story.

Tilly makes Trump look like Honest Abe Lincoln.

HP3 likes this.
  12. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We're in for it now, boys. The team has no draft capital, an owner who refuses to spend around the margins and is financially feeling the pandemic like few others. You thought the lower bowl of Toyota Center was embarrassing while we competed with the Warriors? Wait until Harden is gone and companies can't give tickets away.

13. D-rock

D-rock Member

The fact that anyone would doubt Morey's immense value is the true head scratcher.

Ramo$e likes this.
  14. Mr. Space City

The person that so many on clutchfans said was an overrated GM immediately got scooped up as soon as he was available.

15. D-rock

D-rock Member

Not lateral move.

Morey promoted from GM to President.

16. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

LOL people don't know how the NBA monster works. They will secretly admire you all the while publicly admonishing you or any good you do. Only in the hopes of causing chaos to get a key peace to shake lose. If Morey can do for a team a fraction of what he did for the Rockets they will be happy. We have to protect our franchise on all fronts. Even from BBS trolls.

17. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

I never have viewed Daryl Morey as a folk hero, and I have been critical of him on this board at times because I felt he didn’t understand team chemistry was vital to winning a championship. Analytics by themselves only get you so far.

That said, he’s not the reason the Rockets’ organization is in shambles. Tilman Fertitta is. Fertitta is the reason the Rockets have a $40 million anchor in Russell Westbrook and minimal future draft picks. To work around Westbrook’s poor shooting, Morey was forced to trade the team’s best young player, Clint Capela, and another first-round pick for Robert Covington. Now, Covington is a better player than Capela in today’s NBA, but the move left the Rockets without a capable center replacement, and they couldn’t land one before the trade deadline.

Also, Tilman’s meddling in the Rockets’ coaching search was probably the last straw for Morey. I’m sure Daryl wanted to bring D’Antoni back, and Tilman couldn’t even bother to pick up the phone to tell D’Antoni that he wasn’t going to be retained. Then, as Morey is trying to find another coach, Tilman butts in, like he did with the Chris Paul-Russell Westbrook trade. Morey says **** it, I’m out. To make it seem like Morey isn’t a disgruntled employee and Tilman isn’t a horrible boss, Morey’s representation and the Fertitta’s craft a joint statement making it seem like Morey just wanted a year off.

It does look bad for Morey to accept a job a few weeks after resigning his position with the Rockets for alleged family reasons. But, unless you can prove the Sixers were tampering with Morey before the resignation happened, nothing that happened was illegal, nor was it a **** you to Rockets’ fans. It is, however, a **** you to Tilman Fertitta.

18. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Offseason from hell, but good for DM.

Philly badly needs a guy like DM. Elton Brand doesn’t have a clue what he’s doing.

Richie_Rich and D-rock like this.
  19. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

Kind of contradicting. I get Tilamn is the reason, we all get that.

The fact that Morey kept this franchise from "shambles" is the reason he is a so called "folk hero". He's one of the best GM's if not the best. You can't fix what's not broken.

D-rock and HP3 like this.
  20. Clutch City1993

Clutch City1993 Bury Me In The H
    Supporting Member

Lol our franchise is so f*****

D-rock likes this.