1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NEXT GEN Gaming Console, PS5 and Xbox Series X news/upates

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by noize, Mar 17, 2020.

1. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I planned on going with TCL as my next TV as well. I have no idea if there are reasons for not doing that generally or in regards to one of the new systems.

Blatz likes this.
  2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

it depends on what you want. some people want the better hdr and response time.
    some people want everything like freesync and vrr.

also depends on if you want to justify spending money for the 4k 120hz. when the majority of AAA games will probably be at 4k 60.

the TCL isn't hdmi 2.1 but does have hdmi 2.1 features. I believe it does have 1440p 120hz, but not 4k 120hz.

supposedly the Sony X900H has the hdmi 2.1 but needs firmware update.

here's a new video for next gen tv testing, for ps5, but same thing . hdmi 2.1.
    i'm probably in favor for the TCL since it does enough and has a real 120hz panel.

Blatz likes this.
  3. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

The guy in the video is biased and also gets revenue from people buying the products via his affiliate links, he's a complete sh** source.
    You don't need hdmi 2.1 at all with Series X or PS5, the consoles aren't close to hitting 4k/120hz on anything but arcade titles and are struggling with 4k60 even.
    If you want VRR, which is great to have in titles with uncapped framerates that hover between 40-60fps, hdmi 2.0 is enough but you need to make sure the TV supports it.

Regarding your question, the TLC 6 series doesn't have good dimming, so in a pitch-black room you'll definitely see some blooming and not the best contrasts, TLC also had pretty inconsistent panel quality.

Blatz likes this.
  4. supaflyz

supaflyz Member

So guys I have a question to ask. I'm for certain I'm getting a PS5. I only bought the original x-box and x-box 360. Borrow my brother xbox one just for the Gears of War. Needless to say, I'm currently in my masters program for nursing, so I don't play that much video game anymore. I have a backlog of spider man, gta v, bioshock, horizon zero dawn, and red dead redemption, and bloodborne that I have collecting dust, but I have the itch to buy the ps5. I think I need a newer tv first instead of the ps5 though. I have a sony 65 inch from 2014. I want to get a 75 inch sony x900h from Costco or a 65 inch LG CX OLED. which tv do you guys recommend if I decide to get a ps5 as well? I know both tv are capable with hdmi 2.1. I need to get a new receiver too.... I read that all the current receivers are not cable of working with the new video game consoles (I think they say the PS5 works, but not the Xbox 1). So Costco is running a sale soon with the 65 inch LG CX for around $1800 plus 5 years warranty I believe. Then the PS5 for $499, and then a receiver. I'm not trying to go all out on the receiver though. So this is around $3000? I already have speakers and separate amplifier.

5. Beezy

Beezy Member

Yeah, there's a bug in the HDMI chip in the current and upcoming receivers related to 4k 120Hz content that doesn't sound like it can be fixed by an update. I would wait for confirmation of PS5 working properly with them before investing much in a new receiver, although the number of games that support 4k 120Hz will probably be so low that it might be a non-issue.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/johnar...eportedly-hit-by-major-hdmi-bug/#2fbae6e3597e

Early impressions of the new PS5 controller are very positive.

Cyberpunk 2077 delayed again to December 10. Developers are getting death threats over the delay, so they may need to bump up the 100 hour work weeks (sarcasm). I'm waiting for the next gen version anyway.

RC Cola, Yung-T and tmoney1101 like this.
  6. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

Next-gen update for No Man's Sky! Love this game. :)
    (though I play on PC)

FYI, there will be some more updates coming within the next hour or 2 about other PS5 games (or next-gen updates like NMS).

Joe Joe and Yung-T like this.
  7. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I think PC gets improvements for people playing on Ultra settings as well.

8. supaflyz

supaflyz Member

Yeah you right. I just read that I can't actually go buy a PS5 that is available until around February since all the preorders are sold out. I just wait then.

9. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Just finished the Artemis path on the game. I still want to finish up the Atlas path before really just exploring. Currently, I am trying to make an homage to Minute Maid Park (though not very good at the moment), but I need more salvaged data for more blueprints and need to get better at building overall.

#729 Joe Joe, Oct 28, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2020
    RC Cola likes this.
  10. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

We have a new launch trailer for the GOTY (possibly GOTG?):

It will be included in PS+ for PS5 (not PS4 though). I heard CyberPunk was delayed because of this.

Yung-T likes this.
  11. tinman

Supporting Member

the OLED is the better TV.
    @Ziggy

we have OLED owners here who also play game, but want a perfect picture for TV and movies. Nothing replicates the perfect black levels.
    are you getting surround speakers or do you want a soundbar?
    The Sonos Arc does Dolby Atmos and looks nice

12. tinman

Supporting Member

lots of nintendo style looking games coming out

13. Nippystix

Nippystix Member

After asking the good people here (doing some research on rtings and the several helpful posted videos here), I went to Costco today and purchase the LG CX 55".

I think there is an overall price drop for these, but I prefer to purchase electronics from Costco when I can. The 55,65, and 77 are all on sale, starting today.

Can't wait to set it up!

tinman, Ziggy and Blatz like this.
  14. Nippystix

Nippystix Member

tinman likes this.
  15. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

It looks awesome doesn't it?

Nippystix and tinman like this.
  16. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I have the Arc! With the sub & rears. Not sure Atmos is a must-have, especially in soundbar form, but it sure is nice.

tinman likes this.
  17. tinman

Supporting Member

Happy for you !

Nippystix likes this.
  18. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Big mistake not even considering the Metz Pro + 4K.

Nippystix likes this.
  19. tinman

Supporting Member

[​IMG]

Nippystix likes this.
  20. supaflyz

supaflyz Member

I have a 7.1 setup. No soundbar. How about the burnin. I know the topic has been beating to death but I have see a lot more posts not on here regarding burnin after two or three years of use. I think they say LG replaces the screen but that is still very concerning. I have see oled side by side with LED and oled has a better picture for sure but a 75 inch led is also nice as well.

tinman likes this.