1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hypothetical - would you trade Harden for Kawhi?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by omgTHEpotential, Feb 10, 2016.

?

Would you magically swap Harden with Kawhi if given the opportunity?

1. Yes

215 vote(s)
    53.5%
  2. No

187 vote(s)
    46.5%
  1. amaru

amaru Member

That was more than off. He choked big time.

roslolian likes this.
  2. Reeko

Reeko Member

plus look at the way he exited San Antonio...Kawhi the consummate professional indeed...

hakeem94 and D-rock like this.
  3. Reeko

Reeko Member

Why KD? He tore his Achilles, had his efficiency decline worse than Harden in the postseason before joining GS, and is extremely sensitive/severely lacking when it comes to leadership.

I’m not trading Harden unless he demands it, and if I do, I need a star 25 or younger locked under contract and multiple 1st round picks...like at least 4 of them

amaru, hakeem94 and D-rock like this.
  4. Reeko

Reeko Member

absolutely not

Embiid is like a full tier below Harden at best, and his days seem numbered...he misses 20 games every year

he has never played more than 64 games

he is in the EC accomplishing absolutely nothing

J-Rich is irrelevant to me, and none of Philly’s picks will be worth anything...Ben Simmons, Harden, and a couple of shooters is probably good enough for 55 wins

blahblehblah, hakeem94 and D-rock like this.
  5. Magicsaint

Magicsaint Member

I would take Harden. Besides being an offensive juggernaut, he has a solid mid-range jump shot game which never solidified under MDA. I hope the new coach brings back basic fundamentals of basketball for the Rockets and move Harden to his true position as SG while Russ playing the PG. Just need one solid and tall defensive-minded C/PF to compete deep into the playoffs.

Not taking away Kawhi talent but he has been handed an overall solid team with Spurs, Raptors and loaded Clippers.

hakeem94 likes this.
  6. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

and coaches!

Magicsaint and roslolian like this.
  7. roslolian

roslolian Member

Lol cant believe majority here would trade Harden for Mr. Rest. Kawhi would keep getting season ending injuries carrying the load Harden has carried for this team.

steddinotayto likes this.
  8. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Where's the 'Landry's Gift Card' option?

daywalker02 likes this.
  9. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

He got one with 4 Hall of Famers leading the way (Popovich, Parker, Ginobli & Duncan) and Danny Green setting a record for three's in a Finals series. The guy was literally a role player much as Harden was in OKC when they went. Look at the numbers, LBJ did a number on Kawhi. The Finals MVP was a toss up. The second ring was more "lead dog" legit since he was the star but that Raptors bunch was on a roll (Siakam, Lowry, & Van Vleet were unbelievable ) and the injuries to Durant (torn Achilles) & Thompson (ACL) ultimately decided the Finals series. The Raps without Kawhi was still a factor in the East this year. So he's never done squat alone & has been very fortunate--right place at the right time.There's been a ton of great players to not win a title because they never got in the right situation at the right time. Kawhi is good & he's had a ton of good fortune.

#269 TEXNIFICENT, Oct 28, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2020
  10. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Because those were the only 2 players better than Harden in the last 5 years.

Sure, I’ll take the moon too.

11. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Interestingly, if I were a dispassionate observer, I would find KL < likable than JEH13. His game may have more aestheticism but that wouldn’t be enough.

12. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

I'd make the trade with no hesitation.

13. HardenVolumeOne

basically what the pelicans got for AD. A Brandon Ingram type of player would have to be included

14. Reeko

Reeko Member

he tore his Achilles...that is 1 of the worst injuries for a basketball player

u are not trading Harden for the KD of the past 5 years, u are trading Harden for a 32 yo KD coming off an Achilles injury who hasn’t played for a year

that’s the price for a MVP player

15. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Ok so I'll take KD from a time machine, Lebron or the moon.

My point is...

16. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

i can't believe those who said yes. Kawhi is a good role player who has to be load reduced like a 35 year old.
    I guess if you have enough good players around him to allow him to get to the playoffs and you rest him a lot he can do well for a playoff run.

17. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

Not in this team I wouldn’t. The roster has to be really good for Kawhi to be successful . He wouldn’t have no success with Gordon and Russ. He’s the final Piece not the main piece.

18. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Kawhi is a very simple man that wants to be near home, and I relate. I'm the same kind of man. LA is where his heart is and I don't want to see him leave LA unless it's on his own terms. The conversation just does not get any more real than that, the dude is staying where he is lol.

Yes I'm aware this is a 2016 thread.

Stephen_A likes this.
  19. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Thats why most people on this board should keep their day jobs and not try to be super GM. Smh

20. clos4life

clos4life Member

I agree. Anyone that would trade "damaged goods and takes games off "Kawhi for "bleeds Rockets Red and never takes a day off" Harden should GTFO and not try to be a super GM.