1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2020 Presidential Election

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Sweet Lou 4 2, Mar 26, 2020.

1. CCorn

CCorn Member

The people moving to Plano don’t wanna get weird

RayRay10 and I am a Donut like this.
  2. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

I was looking at the numbers from the 2016 election and there was a 807,179 difference between Trump and Clinton..

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_United_States_presidential_election_in_Texas

Now when you take in these factors..
    1. How many more people like Biden then Clinton
    2. How many people that like Trump
    3. How many people that have moved from the West and East Coast to the dfw area..
    4. How many people have voted... Texas is breaking records with the turnout, especially from African Americans.

I have a feeling that Texas will be a lot closer than a lot of people think.

T_Man

RayRay10, Reeko, dobro1229 and 2 others like this.
  3. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Well, yeah, Southern Oklahoma tends to be more conservative than Texas overall.

RayRay10 and Two Sandwiches like this.
  4. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I will boldly predict: the race in TX will be decided by less than 800,000 votes this time.
    stone-cold, lead-pipe LOCK

5. Major

Major Member

Agree. 2022 is supposed to be a strong year for the Dems in the Senate. The fact that Dems could win it this year is pretty fluky, but 2022 is the year to solidify it. Dems need to somehow keep all these voters excited.

joshuaao and Hakeemtheking like this.
  6. Major

Major Member

Polls have Texas within a few points, models have it as swing-y as Pennsylvania/Wisconsin, Dems are investing lots of last minute money here. I'm not sure people are expecting anything other than a close race right now.

7. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Sigh, big blowup at in laws, over politics. Every time were together they start in on politics and my wife blew up at them. She's a republican and even she couldn't take the misinformation. They started with saying Covid 19 info like hospitals running out of space is fake news designed to help Biden. I could see my wife stressing out, and when it got to Californians governor allowing illegals to vote my wife blew up and said we're going home.

Her brother and sister in law are here a few more weeks. Hopefully we survive.

jiggyfly, RayRay10, vlaurelio and 4 others like this.
  8. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

Lol...

T_Man

RayRay10 and Ubiquitin like this.
  9. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Yep.... and at the same time I believe that some states like Michigan might be closer to being states Trump can win that the polling shows. I think that's actually why the Biden campaign is going to Texas and Georgia. I think it's smart to realize that the country isn't changing... it has changed. If you aren't open minded enough to understand that change is inevitable, then you are destined to get your clock cleaned when you keep doing the same thing you've always done.

The Democratic party I think is hopefully waking up to the reality that the traditional path to winning elections might actually not be the safest bet anymore.

10. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

11. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Nevada is a universal mail ballot state this time round thanks to COVID-19. This encourages a strong turnout which should favor Democratic candidates. We will see.

RayRay10, joshuaao and Hakeemtheking like this.
  12. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

My in laws watch Fox news and nothing else. Literally nothing else. I'm not talking about just for their news, either.

They, too, like to just repeat fox's coverage back to me. I always simply tell them that while I agree that CNN is biased, Fox News is moreso. And that in today's world, especially with social media, there is a lot of fake news, and that includes Fox, CNN, and anything online. I just always tell them, that if they're truly interested in a subject, start taking note of which publisher leans which way, and noticing who is putting that piece of info out there before you read it. Then, if it's something you feel strongly about, read the same subject from many different media outlets that lean different ways.

Sad that it's come to that, but it has.

RayRay10, NewRoxFan, joshuaao and 2 others like this.
  13. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Is the fact that he bused them in but not out an attempt to drive a wedge between Biden Harris?

Another savant move from a genius pol

RayRay10, joshuaao and bobrek like this.
  14. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

What gets me is that people who watch FOX will have that channel tuned in ALL GODDAMNED DAY LONG. Yes, I watch MSNBC. While I eat a piece of chicken for lunch. 30 minutes at night, fast forwarding what I recorded. TOPS.

But all day? Three hours in primetime? No wonder these people are so stup...er, misinformed.

Two Sandwiches and RayRay10 like this.
  15. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

16. Dubious

John O. Brennan (@JohnBrennan) tweeted at 6:41 AM on Wed, Oct 28, 2020:
    C’mon, Texas! As a former resident of Austin & a lifelong Longhorn, I know that Texans have a well-deserved reputation for calling out BS, especially when shoveled by a snake oil salesman like @realDonaldTrump.
    Send him packing...Vote Biden.
    ()

17. Dubious

Carl Quintanilla (@carlquintanilla) tweeted at 6:22 AM on Wed, Oct 28, 2020:
    “One measure of political stress in the US puts it at levels last seen before the American Civil War.”
    (via @pkedrosky) https://t.co/yjmPQJEJtF
    ()

RayRay10 likes this.
  18. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I voted in Euless which is very diverse and my wife voted in Southlake which is basically Kingwood white rich person paradise.

Took me almost 2 hours... took my wife 10 minutes.

RayRay10, Dubious and vlaurelio like this.
  19. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

My gosh, trump is now musing about Joe Biden getting shot after the election. Is there no boundary to what he will say or suggest???

RayRay10 likes this.
  20. Amiga

Amiga I get vaunted sacred revelations from social media
    Supporting Member

See WI there? ‘We are rounding the corner’

A poll this morning - Biden +17 in WI.

RayRay10 and No Worries like this.