1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Being locked in the Bubble took a toll on NBA players

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by GreatOne1978, Oct 14, 2020.

1. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

The difference being, you don't hear everyday people walking around saying to people in worse situations then them, sucked in you have to wake up tomorrow living that same sucky life.

You have LeBron on record saying that though.

LeBron doesn't get to pick and choose when he wants to be the supreme leader and better than everyone else, and then switch back to being held to the same standards as us lowly folk.

Jontro and HardenVolumeOne like this.
  2. Downtown Sniper

Oh dear.

Imagine taking all that time to try and be funny and witty, and you miss the mark so horribly.

But hey - better luck next time! You can truly only go up from there.

3. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't think a season of bubble ball will be all that watchable. I have to admit, I was bored watching any non-Rockets game when the NBA restarted.

King1, BigShasta, split41 and 2 others like this.
  4. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I've never heard Lebron talking down to people who make less than he does. Never. From people that actually have met him, I haven't heard a bad thing said about him. On the flip side, I know a guy that said Harden is pretty damn arrogant. Don't @ me with that.

All Lebron said was that professionally this was the hardest thing he's done. Other NBA players said the same thing basically.

It makes sense, imagine having to work at your job for over 100 days. Your job. Over 100 days. That's what they had to do. I don't care what your job is, having to focus on it for that period of time and not being able to go home sounds challenging mentally. Of course it does.

split41 likes this.
  5. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

I think it’s reasonable to expect nba players to realize that they have it better than anyone else on the planet, and show some awareness of how much the people that watch them are suffering.

Also, you should expect better from people that are paid millions to throw a ball through a hoop. Playing basketball isn’t inherently stressful, and the real stress in their lives should come from trying to help others with the lottery ticket they’ve been given in life.

Hell, people expect that from rich people 24/7. Not sure why NBA players are exempt from other rich people, especially since they are playing against a FAR smaller talent pool.

6. Juxtaposed Jolt

What word salad? "Challenging" was a direct quote from your original post. Whether or not you quoted something else, is whatever. You're the one that used the word "challenging."

I didn't compare anything. Show me where LeBron was wrong, in talking about how this has been a hard time for him. Show me where I compared what you just said I compared.

Meanwhile, you're literally calling LeBron a low IQ b**** whose only use is to entertain people while getting overly mad that he's making a lot of money and apparently can't complain about anything because...because he makes a lot of money.

That's just jealousy.

JayGoogle likes this.
  7. Juxtaposed Jolt

I mean, I'm pretty sure he only said that once. Like 10 years ago. In a post-game interview. Like in response to a question about people that complain about him.

It's not like LeBron has a daily social media post where he goes "lol @ everyone that's poorer than me. suck it losers ayyy lmao."

Jontro likes this.
  8. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Pretty much yes. He is nothing special outside of being an amazing ball player.

And of course im jealous. Who else gets to call themselves King and amass an ignorant cult following. Besides Jesus.

9. raining threes

Hey LeBron cry me a river

I wonder how he would have done if the military draft had been reinstituted?

10. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Company paid hotel p*rn for 3 months count me in!

11. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

You want to talk about the military (for some reason) and I don't. Sorry?

12. Downtown Sniper

Nah, I'm talking about how LeBron is a certified b*tch.

13. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Well anyone would be next to the glory of your masculinity.

14. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Seriously, it's actually ok to be depressed despite the fact that you don't have the worst circumstances in the world. People don't measure their mental health on that kind of absolute scale, in fact nobody in recorded history ever has. And you don't magically achieve enlightment at the Veteran Minimum.

JayGoogle and gotsis like this.
  15. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

The worst thing about the bubble is the no sex thing. Borderline abuse. Imagine being one of these dudes who are used to a new Instagram thot regularly and then have to be cut off from that. Some of these dudes are addicted to new pus... Who knows the kinds of withdrawals they were feeling. LeBron might be talking about that. Have to go weeks without any sex and then have to have sex with your wife and no side chicks.

16. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Several stars not liking the dec 22nd start date

17. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Rich people are still people that have emotions and mental issues they have to deal with. Chappelle turned down millions just to get a peace of mind and spend time with his children. Kanye over here is going actually insane, and he's not the only celeb that could not handle fame and fortune. Robert Williams killed himself, along with a line of celebs that we come to find out were stressed beyond measure.

There isn't anything inherently stressful with most jobs, nothing stressful about sitting in front of a computer...until expectations are thrust upon you that you need to get your work done by this date.

Money is not a cure to happiness, in fact, oft times it's irrelevant to it. Someone being isolated, away from home, having to spend 100+ days working...when you have mental health experts chiming in about it and you have multiple players saying it was tough, maybe we should consider that and go "Maybe it was tough."

No, it's not the life of someone in the military, but this kind of comparison invalidates every regular joe's job because someone always has it worse, someone always has it better. You have a lottery ticket, you have it better than whole nations of people, so that means using this line of thinking, you should never complain.

Lawlruschang likes this.
  18. Juxtaposed Jolt

I like how people are bringing up the military, when trying to further their argument(s) on why average joes have it worse than millionaires.

By their logic, the only people who get to complain in this world, are women in the middle East who are quadraplegic invalids and have at least 3 different types of cancer. Also, they're homeless. Also, their parents hate them. Also, they have bad breath. Also, their personality sucks.

^ That specific group of people, today, might be in the worst situation in the world.

Point is, just because someone has a better station than you in life, doesn't mean we can immediately dismiss what they perceive to be negative. Just like our voices for something negative shouldn't automatically be louder than the next person.

JayGoogle and Lawlruschang like this.
  19. TimDuncanDonaut

Air pods on men, looks like Shams is wearing earings.