1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Share your worst "I thought I was on mute" story

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by droxford, Oct 26, 2020.

1. droxford

droxford Member

On a work call. Just farted, and didn't realize I wasn't on mute.

That sucks.

Ever done that (or worse)?

TWS1986 likes this.
  2. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

I dropped a "b**** please" to a cat that was walking across my keyboard as others were joining a call I was hosting. Luckily it wasn't right after something my boss said or I would have been sunk. As soon as i discovered I said it live I explained to the group what happened and turned on the webcam to show them my girlfriend's cat. crisis averted

3. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

So far...it's just been chewing gum loudly.

Having an 18, 14 and 10 year old in the house, I'm usually on mute due to the background noise.

4. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

Nothing wild for me. Mostly just fire alarm was going off and I didn't realize I wasn't on mute. Same with the dryer and washing machine. They made noise and some people were like what's that? Sorry, lol.

My laundry room is right next to the computer room. I have uttered Jesus, a few times after helping users on pain in the ass tickets at work when my bluetooth headset was docked, but the phone call was still ongoing. Not sure if they've ever heard me or not :D.

Yung-T likes this.
  5. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

During a meeting several years ago, took my mobile phone into the bathroom, peed and cut one....gradually there was silence and I realized what happened and I put the phone on mute. But this was a dial-in call so it didn't show who was on mute or not. After a long silence, meeting resumed.

I don't take my phone into the bathroom with me on calls anymore.

jiggyfly and cmoak1982 like this.
  6. Sajan

Sajan Member

I don't understand how people are not on mute for majority of the call if they are not actively participating.

Probably the same people who don't use cases for their iphones.

King1, STR8Thugg and TWS1986 like this.
  7. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

Reminds me of the Naked Gun scene where Frank Drebin is in the bathroom singing while taking a piss and his mic audio is on for everyone to hear in the main room.

Xerobull and Yung-T like this.
  8. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Did your name light up? Because that would be even better.

9. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I was taking out the trash and loudly yelled "son of a b****" because the bag broke. I got a few texts saying I was not muted.

STR8Thugg, TWS1986 and Yung-T like this.
  10. droxford

droxford Member

Probably.

I'm pretending like it didn't happen.

In fact, I don't know what you're talking about.

malakas, King1, jiggyfly and 3 others like this.
  11. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

So glad my company allows calls with the video off.

I have sleep issues and I'm not a morning person. One early call I didn't get out of my bed and decided to use the mobile app to take the zoom meeting. They have this thing called Driving Mode which claims it mutes your call unless you press the button.

It don't work.

I dosed off during the meeting and started snoring for prob 3-5 minutes. Woke up and found DMs telling me to mute my call.

malakas, King1, STR8Thugg and 5 others like this.
  12. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

I've heard the background snoring during all hours of the day. On Skype I can mute it. Not sure about Teams. We don't use Zoom or any other application.

Invisible Fan and Ubiquitin like this.
  13. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I usually stay on mute and just hold the space bar if i need to talk, unless I'm hosting. Never use my camera unless required.

Last week, I was hosting one and my dog was whining at the dining room window at some squirrels in the front yard, so I yelled "will you shut the **** up!". Forgot I wasn't on mute. Luckily this was just me and some co-workers and no higher-ups were on the call. We all got a pretty good laugh.

Invisible Fan, Yung-T and TWS1986 like this.
  14. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

I've never done anything worse than the whole fart-off-mute thing, but I was on a conference call (RFP) recently where there were like 20+ vendors involved. Major client and the project was very high dollar, so it was fairly tense. About halfway into the call, after the client had laid out their expectations and scope, one of the vendors (into a hot mic) says "yeah, no, **** this, what a waste of time, total bullshit." *click*

The room was dead silent for what felt like the most awkward minute in human history.

Invisible Fan, Yung-T and TWS1986 like this.
  15. McNultyisDrunk

McNultyisDrunk Contributing Member

This is exactly why I got a mic with a mute button. Double mute yo self before you wreck yo self.

King1, arkoe, boomboom and 1 other person like this.
  16. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

After Jeffrey Toobin, all of the posts in this thread pales in comparison.

17. Nook

Nook Member

I guess the worst was being on zoom for the court call and did not realize my video was running so I was shown pouring bourbon and then swigging it on the screen in front of everyone..... I received a few frantic text messages that everyone was watching me drink on the screen. I just tried to act cool and did not pour another glass. The Judge didn't say anything to me at the time, but when he called my case he called me "smooth"... I did not get in trouble but I still have people tell me they saw me and I had one person say "Did you hear about some jackass drinking during the court call on camera".... to which I just smirked and said "the horror".

malakas, King1, STR8Thugg and 6 others like this.
  18. TimDuncanDonaut

Eating spaghetti on night work calls.

Slurp slurp.

19. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

my hero.

King1 and Buck Turgidson like this.
  20. Poloshirtbandit

Lol I was in a church Sunday school class on zoom while driving and let out a huge burp in the car. That mute button is a lie.

Invisible Fan likes this.