1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Black Men under the age of 35 the hidden Trump voters that polls are not picking up

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by HardenVolumeOne, Oct 26, 2020.

1. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Ask your black friend.

jiggyfly and JayGoogle like this.
  2. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

yes i do believe we need to be on the same page. Absolutely!! 100% and I would fight to the death for it. Im not speaking in terms of agreeing on all policy. I am saying that we need to stop this racism that is rampant in this country. Its easy (and foolhardy) to say that its all trumps fault.

We can’t separate by color anymore. We have to move toward that end. I think stevie wonder and Paul McCartney sang about it.

you can say all you want that its a naive pipe dream but it is what eventually needs to happen.

3. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

well that was stupid

4. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

what kind of equality are you speaking of? Is this the white privilege argument?

5. CometsWin

Far less stupid than this thread, trust me.

jiggyfly likes this.
  6. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

not really

7. CometsWin

And your posts in it.

8. CometsWin

Nah, really.

9. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

so far. Its your posts that lack

10. CometsWin

My posts in this forum explain the issues in some depth. The fact that you’ve run into this forum suddenly and this is the troll thread that drew your interest is telling.

IBTL likes this.
  11. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Call it whatever you want. Blacks do not have equal treatment as the rest of the US population. This has been researched and vetted out. From attempting to get loans for cars, mortgages, etc and being denied (or having to pay higher interests, despite similar credit profiles), to them serving longer prison sentences than their counterparts (when compared to similar crime convictions), to them being convicted at higher rates despite prosecutors not having actual evidence and relying on "witnesses", etc.

You know exactly what we are talking about here.

Now once again I ask, why have Republicans not addressed these issues in order to appeal to blacks. I'm not going to say they are racists, but perhaps, to many Republicans, black issues are simply not their priority.

Why should black people give Republicans a chance? Why couldn't Trump actually make them a focus of his presidency? He could of united the Republican party and actually attempted to pass serious reform and maybe he Republicans wouldn't be asking the question "Why do black voters overwhelmingly support democrats?" Democrats would of played along since it should be a bi-partisan issue. Instead, we had a 1st term focusing on the corporations and the rich (I guess at least he threw the middle class a temporary dog bone that is not permanent), focusing on destroying Obama policies, and isolating the country from the rest of the world whether through alienating our allies, starting a trade war with china or attempting to fund an idiotic wall that will not decrease illegal crossing or deter drug cartels from exporting the goods and importing guns, etc.

Junebball and Nook like this.
  12. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

well from what I see, you bring zero to the table. And because I don’t post here much it invalidates my views or my questions? Thats some really good logic and not being an dick at all.

13. dookiester

dookiester Member

What are you personally willing to accept as policies in order to make that dream happen? Massive overhauls to the criminal justice system and policing? Higher taxes to fund public benefits and programs needed to equalize systemic inequalities? Increased accessibility to voting? If you aren't willing to accept change like that and don't have any new ideas, your dream is really just for people to stop complaining about racism, which again, is kind of the answer to your question of why do black voters so consistently and overwhelmingly vote Democrat instead of Republican.

Nook likes this.
  14. CometsWin

You’re completely ignorant of the threads and posts that have appeared in this forum. Your first clue this was a troll thread is that the OP also does not post in this forum, much like you, and he didn’t include a link to his editorial because if he did we would all see the source is a clown show of Republican propaganda owned by a white supremacist. The addition of random videos from black peoples professing their support for Trump is also a good sign since Trump regularly polls at about 8 percent with black people including the 2016 election. The exception proving the rule is a common right wing tactic. Conservatives and the Russians are conducting an entire campaign of lies and deception verified by the FBI. We also know Trump is micro targeting blacks and Latinos with lies and propaganda just like he did in 2016 so the notion the Republican Party has any interest in helping black peoples is not only factually ridiculous, it’s laughable. You’re their pawn, the plantation of Republican politics. It’s perfectly sound logic, dick.

15. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

and this all started with trump? Didnt we have a democrat in office for 8 years before him? So all the white privilege is Trumps fault. The prison terms? The inner city? The incarceration rate? Fatherless families? The murder rate? This is all the fault of the conservatives? Im not sayimg there isn’t problems, Im not being obtuse. But what has the democratic party done to make these problems better?

16. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

again, my lack of posts on this forum does not mean you are a more qualified poster. You are clearly brainwashed and hate republicans. You are one sided and not worth my time unless you start bringing real stuff to the table. At least I ask questions rather than regurgitate your CNN propaganda. Think for yourself.

17. CometsWin

Yes, it’s their fault.

18. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[I've skimmed this thread and there is plenty of discussion regarding the question of race but I'm going to address another part of this and one that the OP seems to be talking about more than just race. The argument put here is that Trump is gaining support among young black men because of a particular view of masculinity and that young men of all races feel that "traditional masculinity" is under attack by a feminized cultural movement.

There certainly is something to that and there definitely is a reaction to things like the Me Too movement and the idea of "Toxic Masculinity". We see it with things like the popularity of Jordan Peterson to the Incel movement. That said like most things about Trump this is about style over substance. The image of Trump as this tough macho warrior is a fiction. For one we know that when it came time for him to actually be a warrior he didn't serve because of bone spurs. Instead he said his Vietnam experience was not getting an STD in the '80's. Further we see how frequently Trump is easily flustered or enraged especially when under tough questioning by a woman. Further we see how out of shape he is along with physical issues such as an odd stance and occasional difficulty with even simple tasks.

Trump does embody certain things that are considered masculine in our culture. He is wealthy and flaunts it, he has slept with many very attractive women and he is unapologetic and course in his language (he keeps it real). IN that sense he represents an aspirational view of man hood whether from rap videos to classic James Bond. That can certainly be appealing to young men but this is a very shallow view of manhood and frankly it is toxic.

One traditional view of manhood was of the man as a being a very disciplined and willing to sacrifice himself for others while not into self-aggrandizement. Trump isn't any of those but more important is that the masculinity that Trump represents goes against that idea. Consider if there is a problem in the black community with children growing up without fathers consider that Trump has had three wives and countless affairs. The message there is that a man doesn't tie himself down to one woman even if she's the mother of his children. Also consider how Trump never takes responsibility and views everything as transactional. That is a far cry from the idea of masculinity that you take responsibility for your actions and are willing to sacrifice even your life for ideals. In the Trump view of masculinity "300" would be if Leonidas went ahead and accepted the Xerxes offer since Xerxes was going to make him rich and powerful and the rest of the Greeks especially the Athenians never did anything for him anyway.

19. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

Go learn something

20. CometsWin

It makes me a more knowledgeable poster. Clearly. The you just hate Republicans is a novel tactic never before tried in this forum. Bravo. Really substantive reply.

Reeko likes this.