1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Black Men under the age of 35 the hidden Trump voters that polls are not picking up

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by HardenVolumeOne, Oct 26, 2020.

1. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

So not even willing to see if it works? It wouldn’t take much to work better than what the left has accomplished. And I really need you to tell me wtf Biden is gonna do thats going to work. You come off aggressive in your opinions but short on solutions other than typical liberal talking points.

and what Biden said was very racist. Does he think he should understand how all black people think? Like they all are the damn same? I shouldn’t have to point out how that was racist. If trump said it....oh boy.

Corrosion likes this.
  2. Nook

Nook Member

No, I do not think that that any sizable portion of voters vote according to how they are told to vote.

I believe the overwhelming majority of people vote for who they believe represents their best interests or the countries best interest.

I think the idea that black people vote democrat because they are told to is false....... as I think it is false for any number of other groups.

I don't think white males vote for Trump because they are told to, so why would I think that about black people or women or Hispanics.

joshuaao likes this.
  3. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Why had it taken 3.5+ years for this plan to come out...coincidentally a short time before the election? When introducing it, why did he start off with "If you vote for me..." (or something like that)?
    Why isn't he implementing it right now?

4. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

Still would love to hear how black people are being helped so much more by the democratic party. And I am not talking about the civil rights movement of 60 years ago. Im talking about in the last 25 -30 years. We are all Americans and at some point we need to all be on the same page. Have the democrats achieved this in the last 30 years? 40 years?

5. Nook

Nook Member

If doing better than the left has done for black people is easy, then do it and black people will vote for conservative. However, be ware that the Republicans will likely lose other voting groups as a consequence of supporting pro black positions.

What Biden was saying is that he does not understand how a black person could support the positions of a President that he views as racist, over his own positions. It was foolish to say and tone deaf. There were a number of prominent blacks that said they agreed with Biden..... but I think it was stupid to say.

You really like to grab hold of what Biden said...... when really, most black voters are sophisticated enough to look at the policy differences when they vote.

joshuaao and ElPigto like this.
  6. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Why are you choking that baby in your avatar picture?

IBTL likes this.
  7. Nook

Nook Member

We all need to be on the same page? No we don't and we never have been. Not being on the same page is what a healthy democracy IS. Hell, even Steve Bannon has discussed this point before.

What have democrats done over the last 25-30 years? They have supported additional government services and programs, they have supported Obama care, increasing the minimum wage and increasing consumer protections. Could and should they do more? I believe so....... Now contrast that with the GOP, which has ran numerous racist candidates, that has a President that is openly supported by militia and white supremicist groups..... that has more strongly than the left, supported a war on drugs and has fought against greater expansion of voting availability.

This really isn't hard......... these are not the droids you seek. Black voters support democrats because they feel the democrat party better represents their views than the republican party. That does not mean that black voters believe that the democrat party is wonderful.

CometsWin and joshuaao like this.
  8. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

Some things get reported more than others. Black on white crime does not fit the liberal medias agenda. You do not trust white people and thats obvious. Lebron said black people are hunted as soon as they leave their house. You believe that. The stats do not support it but you believe it? The stats do not support a lot of narratives out there.

Open your eyes

9. Nook

Nook Member

[​IMG]

10. bobrek

Why did you quote my post in this reply?

11. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

that is my brother, who passed away, holding my newborn son. My son was crying. He was about 15 minutes old or so at the time.

12. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Healthcare. No, it's not a 'black' thing but it's going to help people out along with his education plan to make community college more affordable.

Oh, and also, Biden isn't doing his damndest to suppress black votes. So, that's something.

13. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

sorry. I did not mean to. Im on my mobile and its all jumpy.

14. Nook

Nook Member

Okie dokie.... @bobrek is a an older republican white man. I hope he trusts white people, otherwise he has issues.

I am a middle aged white guy that has voted for as many republicans as democrats......

15. bobrek

Understood

16. bobrek

I do like how you said "older". :)

Deckard and Nook like this.
  17. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

sorry I accidentally replied to Brobek.

Nook likes this.
  18. Nook

Nook Member

You aren't old like @Deckard ......... you you aren't young like @Jontro

Jontro likes this.
  19. Reeko

Reeko Member

u can’t challenge anything I say, so u just make sh*t up and create some new reality...typical tactic from a right winger

what I don’t trust are cult MAGA members and members of alt-right groups prone to domestic terrorism

what I don’t trust is a pathological liar like Donald Trump

try again

20. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

We aren't discussing solutions, so stay focused. We are simply discussing what have republicans done for blacks.

I'm giving you a simple position, black people don't believe what Trump has to offer them. This plan could have been released after he was elected. Systemic racism didn't just start in 2020.

I'm not saying that democrats are innocent because I can admit that sometimes, policies supported by democrats have hurt the black population. However, ultimately, a lot of positions that democrats take, help black individuals. As evidenced by the protests that have happened this year, we as a society have not done enough to address the issue of suppression that has been going on for centuries. A lot of the steps that were taken previously (freeing slaves, de-segregation, voting rights, etc) has been a step in the right direction, but "equality for all" has not yet reached the black population.

Why give Trump a chance now after releasing his platinum plan? The question begs, why the hell did he not take more active role after being elected to actually help the black community? Why did he have to save this as a last ditch effort during re-election to reach out to black individuals?

CometsWin, Nook and joshuaao like this.