1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jared: Black people don’t want to be successful

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Carl Herrera, Oct 26, 2020.

1. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I'm not saying you shouldn't be offended by what he said. He plainly takes a very patronizing attitude. But interpreting it the way the thread title does is just trying to paint it in the worst possible light.

RayRay10 likes this.
  2. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

So it's the thread title you have issue with?

RayRay10 likes this.
  3. dookiester

dookiester Member

trump: the earth is flat
    trump supporter: i take that as him saying the earth is not flat; the 'not' was unsaid but obviously what he intended

4. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

In came your dick riding. Its cool for someone to post a race if you agree?T

Anyway i would say blacks dont think ownership.

JumpMan likes this.
  5. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Whar do rural peoplebitch about. They b**** about systemic ruralism? They love freedom. They want less government influence
    I hate when people make that stupid ass comparison

This goes for rural for black people enven thought they may not be Republican

You liberals in here ****in arrogant. Its cool to insult rural people? As long as its not racist sexist or gays i guess

6. dookiester

dookiester Member

except the farm subsidies they need to compete with the global economy. then they definitely want that type of government influence.

RayRay10 and jiggyfly like this.
  7. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Subsidies provide food fir everyone. Farmers work idiot

Go read the edit. It applies to you also

Edit: i apologize. You and a lot of people make misguided comparisons between subsidies and welafare

8. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Oh, he's in touch alright - it's just with the alt-right, KKK, Proud Boys and MAGA whites who haven't a clue about African-Americans. The argument goes like this:
    "The reason Black people fail is because they (a) don't work hard enough (b) aren't intelligent enough to take advantage of the boundless opportunities available to them or (c) are lazy and only want handouts from the Government"

I've heard this bullshit all my life - it's known as the "Shiftless or Lazy Negro" excuse. Back in the 30s, 40s and 50s Black people were epitomized by the character Stepin Fetchit - a fictional character who was lazy, shiftless and stupid and who did not want to work hard or succeed. In order to deny the existence of systematic racism, this "rationale" was used by bigoted whites to shift the blame for the poor status of Black Americans on Black people themselves and not on the economic, social and political barriers they had to overcome during Jim Crow and segregation.

edwardc, mdrowe00, RayRay10 and 2 others like this.
  9. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

He's pretty snooty for a guy who runs mall wedding ring shops.

10. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Black people have been characterized as shiftless and lazy
    every since they stopped working for free

Rocket River

11. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Remember when he was the CEO of Subway then went to prison for being a pedophile?

RayRay10, B-Bob, IBTL and 1 other person like this.
  12. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Unlike others here, I don't believe someone else took over your account. However, I do think in the last few years something has happened to damage you emotionally/cognitively and it results in incoherent lashing out. Posts like this are the perfect example. Somehow, my post triggered from you a nonsensical defense of rural america, that wasn't attacked in the first place. It's really weird.

13. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Yeah, and South Park told me he has Aides.

RayRay10 likes this.
  14. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

But you dont have a problem insulting farmers. I dont respect that and therefore neither do respect you. Im a ***** who doesn't complain so you think something happened to me? Liberal logic on full display

15. gifford1967

Supporting Member

Show me the exact words I used that insults farmers.

You complain incessantly, it just usually makes little sense. About half of what you post is hard to follow.

blahblehblah and RayRay10 like this.
  16. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

You insulted them by comparing susdies to welfare. Also you're to ignorant to understand

Pistol Pete likes this.
  17. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Farmers work harder than everyone in this thread and are more important than everyone in this thread

18. gifford1967

Supporting Member

Show me the exact words I used that insult farmers.

RayRay10 likes this.
  19. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Its not surprising you not understanding the last post.

20. dookiester

dookiester Member

I make no reference to welfare and am not comparing them whatsoever. Farm subsidies are a $20+ billion/year government program so I just think it is appropriate to point out that if you are saying rural folks are opposed to government influence, then there is a pretty gaping exception you need to make for farm subsidies.