1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] Borat Subsequent Moviefilm (Amazon Prime)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Oct 1, 2020.

1. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

We might have pissed off the neighbors with the laughing in the backyard. I projected it outside with a few friends and we were cackling hard. That baby bit had me rolling.

2. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I thought it was a good sequel for a character that I thought would be impossible to use in public again. That's why Bakalova's Tutar was so good; she is just as shameless as Cohen and delivered some of the funniest moments.

3. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Just watched over a few hours this morning. It was good, 7/10, not as good as the first movie which I would rate 10/10 in a very small field of fake comedy documentaries that include real people being duped.

Tutar stole the show. She was insanely funny and these old uptight guys had no clue what to do with her. The Women's Republican meeting was a gem. They wanted to empower her because she was new to the country and of course, a pretty white girl, but they were aghast and it was such a non sequitur moment in their orderly, uptight lives. The debutant ball was amazing. I had to ffw through the dance, I just couldn't do it.

Maria Bakalova is amazing. I hope she picks up more work as a result of this movie and doesn't get blackballed. Luckily, Amazon and Hollywood are very liberal so I have hope. I'm a fan now.

So were the two rednecks that Borat stayed with gay? I get the feeling they were partners. Not sure how much they were in on the whole thing but they did a great job.

I really didn't care about the plot. I wish it were a longer because I feel like they left some great stuff on the cutting room floor.

The Running of the Americans was perfect with the Karen and her t-shirt. LOL

TWS1986, B-Bob, mtbrays and 2 others like this.
  4. Agent94

Agent94 Member

Nice potatoes!

5. I am a Donut

I am a Donut Contributing Member

I loved it. Thought it was just as good or better than the first one. The cupcake baby thing was hilarious. They good a lot of jokes out of that idea. I couldn’t get though the dance either, haha, but one of the best parts came right before that when one of the other girls reproaches her father (I guess) for his little chat with Borat. Her face is priceless.

Invisible Fan and Xerobull like this.
  6. Xerobull

That 30 second scene says a ton about 'murica. I loved it too and couldn't stop laughing.

I am a Donut likes this.
  7. dmenacela

dmenacela Contributing Member

Wawaweewa!!

Loved it! Would watch again.

High 5!

TimDuncanDonaut and B-Bob like this.
  8. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Ok I might have spoke to soon about it being desperate.

I'm intrigued.

TWS1986 likes this.
  9. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I'd have to rewatch it (though I'd rather not) -- I guess there must have been hidden cameras in the bedroom.

10. Xerobull

There was a camera crew in the 'Living Room' area of the hotel, Tuta and Rudy went alone to a bedroom where there were obvious hidden cameras everywhere.

11. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I watched it last night and I thought it was OK. I didn't expect it to be that much of a heart warming feel good movie and would've liked it to be a little more biting. I also didn't expect it to as my business partner would say "swing the hammer on politics." If you didn't know much about Sacha Baron Cohen what his politics are is hammered home.

One thing that I took away from this movie and from the original was that as much as this movie is about making fun of "real Americans" and how dumb they while exposing their racists, anti-Semitc and backward views there is a lot to be said about how tolerant and charitable that the Americans are in this movie. Cohen's deliberately trying to provoke these people and there are many scenes in both movies or how truly uncomfortable they are with Borat and his daughter yet they tolerate them and many of the people they interact with go out of the way to help them even though they are disgusted.

One thing that was cut from the movie is there is a scene where Borat in disguise goes to a anti-lockdown rally and in the movie it is played up how much the crowd agrees with the racist and horrific things Borat is saying. What was cut though was that the crowd actually started to attack him and that Sacha Baron Cohen had to flee as he feared for his life.

On the Rudy Giuliani scene I found that to be even more disturbing than what had been already released. During the interview leading up to it Giuliani is flirting and leering at Tutar and even without the "tucking his shirt in" scene Giuliani does come off as very creepy and lecherous.

12. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

On the two QAnon guys that Borat lives with for awhile I'm pretty sure they were actors or at least in on the joke. If they were really suspicious conspiracy nuts it seems completely out of character they would allow a stranger from another country with a camera crew to come and live with them for a few days.

Sajan, AroundTheWorld and Xerobull like this.
  13. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

Is it really humiliating? I think most of the normal people had very natural reactions to Borat and his daughter. The audience is laughing at the situation not them. For instance, I don't think the woman that was 'babysitting' Borat's daughter has anything to be embarrassed about. People found her very endearing.

There are a few people that had really creepy or crazy things to say but I'm not really sure that's someone humiliating them as much as them humiliating themselves. Example being the guy who said he would pay $500 for Borat's daughter should be ashamed of himself. While Cohen asked the question, the guy showed himself to be a creep by giving a dollar amount while most of us would have walked away or notified authorities.

Xerobull likes this.
  14. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

That man is funny.

Xerobull and arkoe like this.
  15. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Cohen is so gawdam genius in so many ways. Show up and hang out with a youtube famed channel and reach out to millions to promote his film. A youtube star he probably resents for not putting in the creative work/struggle he has with Ali G, Bruno and Borat. Come in, stay in character as Borat and destroy they guys stuff, all by which he is never guilty or the bad guy for doing.

Invisible Fan and AleksandarN like this.
  16. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

I like how he suggested to surprise her by jumping her in the shower. And then he met her and was horrified she wanted to ****.

17. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

lulz

David Dobrik: YouTube demonetises prank video star's channels