1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2020 Presidential Election

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Sweet Lou 4 2, Mar 26, 2020.

1. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I am disappointed that Biden is only holding a few event this week on the campaign trail including none today. While I understand this is a difficult time because of COVID-19 I think this doesn't mean all the rules of previous elections are out the window. While Biden doesn't need to have large rallies a candidate's presence in a state can help to fire up supporters while also helping down ballot races. This is the type of strategic mistake that has hurt Democrats before.

joshuaao, RayRay10, Nook and 3 others like this.
  2. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I think his being 93 years old might have something to do with it.
    I'm sure Trump has his own source of energy (sniff, sniff; well, that, and fear of prison).

RayRay10 and Dubious like this.
  3. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

I don't know... but this doesn't seem to be a very compelling campaign position for the incumbent...

RayRay10 and Dubious like this.
  4. astros123

astros123 Member

That should tell you something. Their inner numbers are way better than we think and their #1 priority is his health. I keep telling everyone that Trump has 5% chance according to the voting returns in Nc & GA. The early vote on campus at unc is above 30%. Sanders has a huge ground game there that's working for Biden. Im a stats guy and I've been following every early voting result by county and he's getting destroyed in the sun belt

This race is almost over. If Trump wins ill donate 100 to tip jar.

joshuaao, jiggyfly, MrBear1 and 5 others like this.
  5. NewRoxFan

230,000 Americans have died... because of increased testing...

RayRay10 likes this.
  6. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

"Vote for me because it's not my fault there's no leadership on Covid, let herd mentality---er, immunity rain! Er, reign!"

It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works for him!

7. Nippystix

Nippystix Member

I hope you are right brother. I hope you are right.

RayRay10 likes this.
  8. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

But what if they only died to make him look bad?

RayRay10 and jiggyfly like this.
  9. NewRoxFan

I guess the whole Hatch Act and any other law designed to reduce corruption and make our government responsive to the people should be eliminated, since its clear no one seems willing to enforce them...

RayRay10 likes this.
  10. NewRoxFan

When "owning the libs" becomes the only possible explanation for why a minority of Americans decided to vote for the most corrupt and incompetent president of all time...

joshuaao, RayRay10 and jiggyfly like this.
  11. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

AUTOPSY AUTOPSY AUTOPSY

RayRay10 and Nook like this.
  12. NewRoxFan

trump attacks a state governor of a key battleground state... because he could have a campaign rally there during a pandemic.

13. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Biden is definitely in good shape but this is such an important election I don't think you should count on costing. Also this still ignores down ballot races. Control of the Senate is at stake but also several state houses are in play in a year that will decide redistricting. For all of those upset about how much Republicans control state houses and gerrymander this is the chance to reverse those.

Even if Trump is defeated if Democrats don't control the Senate or many statehouses there won't be a lot of structural change.

14. Nippystix

Nippystix Member

Trump is playing 4D chess y'all.

RayRay10 and jiggyfly like this.
  15. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

I think what he means is if other nations tested as much they would have increased cases and it’s not a fair reporting unless all nations test just as much ...not that he is against testing

16. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

I thought this had to be a joke. It's not.

RayRay10 likes this.
  17. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Trump totally f'd up on Covid and we have at least 100k deaths. Means nothing to him, but he is pissed that it is a major reason he will lose.

RayRay10 and No Worries like this.
  18. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Not only that, but he's been having rallies here...

RayRay10 likes this.
  19. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

So Trump is upset the media is covering COVID which has caused more deaths than the Civil War or every conflict the US has had since WWII because you know it’s just spewing fear.

Somehow if the mainstream media started covering Antifa more or the lawless riots in those Democratic dumps like Seattle and Portland that fear driven rhetoric would be much more appropriate I am sure.

20. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

No... he is against testing. He doesn't grasp the fact that increased testing decreases the number of cases. If folks don't know they have it, then they are walking around potentially Infecting others. At least if they know they have it, they can be cautious.

Just yesterday we found out that person A had COVID. We didn't interact with her but person B did. We interacted a bit with person B. So we laid low yesterday and today until we found out that person B just tested negative.

Had person A not been tested we would have attended church... gone shopping...gone boating with neighbors...etc...

It's fortunately all moot, but that's how this spreads. Folks not knowing they have the virus inadvertently spreading it to others.