1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Next years team

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HROZ, Oct 25, 2020.

1. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yeah, i guess we'll probably never know the truth, and while i have no doubt Tilman had the last word there (pretty sure owners always do, Les had the last word on hiring the coaches and spending the money on Lin and Ryan Anderson too), i also have no doubt Harden wasn't exactly trilled to play with CP3 anymore...i remember i actually didn't believe the first reports about the beef cause they were made by less proven reporters, but then ch said Harden asked for that trade, Clutch also tweeted after our season ended something about how he thinks Harden shouldn't impact big decisions anymore which made me think he might have heard or he knows something in that regard.

But aside for the rumors stuff etc, just how Harden and Paul literally avoided each other when they played, i think it was pretty clear there was some bad blood there. Also that instagram post CP3 made last summer when the rumors about the Rockets having interest in Wesbtrook came out...i remember he posted something like "let's make it happen" with a picture of him, James and Russ together, and i always found that kinda weird, because he knew the only way for the Rockets to get Westbrook was to trade him (cause the other option was to gut the teams in every other spot and that was never going to be an option of course) so, i think there was definitely something going on behind the scenes, and even if Harden didn't force the move by saying "him or me" (which i still think it's possible), i think he at least made it clear he wasn't exactly happy with the situation, that's why i think Morey engaged OKC in that trade in the first place, even if Tilman had the last word, i'm pretty sure the first one wasn't his, i just have a hard time thinking Tilman went to Daryl saying like "i want Westbrook (and his 40 million per year deal)"
    ...maybe Patrick did :eek::D

Regardless, thanks for the link, cool stuff which makes me even more sad though :(

BHannes2BHonest, Corrosion and HP3 like this.
  2. fattz

fattz Member

yes, no, wait.

Your not going to get a better player and/or FIT than House for the amount of House’s contract. House can and often does play the big forward, too.
    Gordon value is at all time low, so holding on to him till the trade deadline may increase our return on him greatly. Patience is hard but usually pays off.

3. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Rockets might have 300k to spend on Jermey Lin and sack of deeznuts. ;)

BHannes2BHonest and BigShasta like this.
  4. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

Agree with House but sadly Gordon might have to go simply because his contract is the difference between us having only vet minimums and the full non tax payer MLE that we so desperately need to use.

5. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Ok I’ll play this game.

Rockets hire John Lucas....Matt Brase /Elston Turner / Gunning / Hartfield (remain)......add Mike Miller

Trade:
    Houston in: Elfrid Payton / Kevin Knox / 2nd rd pick (2020) #38 in the draft

x

Knicks in: Eric Gordon / McLemore / Clemons

works on trade machine.
    https://tradenba.com/trades/w8vSt5XFa

Trade brings 2nd rd pick to be used on center.
    Trade will free up money for signing of Gerald Green & Jeff Green and Markieff Morris and Trey Burke.

PG) Westbrook........Elfrid Payton / Trey Burke
    SG) Harden.............Gerald Green
    SF) Tucker...............House / Nwaba
    PF) Covington.........Jeff Green
    C) Markieff Morris....(2020 2nd RP #38) Vernon Carey, Diakite, Nathan Knight, .......
    Nnaji (pre draft workout with Miami)...so it puts Nnaji in our area at #38.........Best available Center.

#25 ApacheWarrior, Oct 25, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2020
    BigShasta, fattz and raining threes like this.
  6. fattz

fattz Member

Westbrook and Payton in a shoot to the death match—> both live.

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Good thang you did not lose your sense of smell.

Jontro likes this.
  8. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Yeah Elfrid has a poor 3-pt %......the beauty of the deal is Elfrid Payton is $8 million non guaranteed. Release him
    to help pay for Trey Burke, Jeff Green, Gerald Green, Markieff Morris. Maybe bring in DJ Augustin (usually shoots
    a good 3). Langston Galloway I see listed as 6’1” and a shooting guard, but shot 40% from 3. Add him instead.

Really the only point guard I truly like is Jeff Teague. Shot 37% from 3......but can we afford him?

fattz likes this.
  9. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Markieff Morris at center? Lol. That's really going to get u far this year. Trade Gordon for him to playy at center. Sign 2 37 yr old's broke down Green's. This team just need to be blow up and rebuilt properly like the Astros did tbh.

10. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Not enough shooters
    Is Rubio a good enough shooter. He was decent this season but every other season he's been a below average shooter. We banking on the hope that this season wasn't a abbaration?

Harden needs a shooter as a backcourt running mate. That would help him and the team more.

11. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Good suggestion.

smoothie and HP3 like this.
  12. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Westbrook just needs to get healthy. Cleaned his knee out had him going every other game....then Covid-19...then
    ripped quad.

Tucker played center as a shorter player.

Teams were afraid of the Rockets before the playoffs for a reason. Getting taller with Gerald Green, Nwaba, MMorris,
    Knox can get us over the top. Plus rookie center. Oh yeah.

13. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

I have been extremely disappointed in
    Eric Gordon the Last 3 Years in the Playoffs in Closeout Games and in Elimination Games.

The Warriors Series in 2017 disaster shooting, along with corrupt referees

Chris Paul Last Year Disappearing and looking slow and overweight

This year 6 points vs the Lakers in Game 5

Eric Gordon needs to be moved.

14. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Gordon needs to go for sure.

15. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

I think we have to be realistic about things. The league missed its revenue projections by 1.5B due to covid, and another season without ticket sales will severely undercut revenue and profits. Short of media contracts and advertising, they will be losing money on the actual hosting of the games and there's no telling when they can start playing regularly again.

With such significant shortfalls expected, it's unlikely any team is going to make huge moves this offseason or open the bank to paying big money. I don't see us spending seriously at all, and we should expect basically the same team (more or less) next season with mostly the same result: fun moments here and there but lots of disappointing moments too, a few lulls, and a first/second round elimination with bickering at the end of the last game and perhaps a falling out between Harden and Westbrook.

Dacamel likes this.
  16. fattz

fattz Member

Maybe add Bobby Portis coming our way instead of Payton. He is fit here and redundant on their squad. NYK are going to want playing time for RJ Barrett & Knox development. Maybe not the place for E Gordon to land.

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

We do not even know who Rafa Stone is yet.

He might be just the exact contrast of Morey, not trade happy at all.

D-rock and fattz like this.
  18. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

They have been trying to get rid of Knox since after his rookie season. Every year he is trade bait.

Elfrid Payton is $8 million non guaranteed contract 20/21.

Knicks absorb much of Rockets salary as their team salary his around $98 million.
    Gordon/McLemore/Clemons equal about $19 Million, while Knicks send back Knox/Payton $12 Million.

Rockets shave team projected salary from $129 Million to $122 million. Plus approximately $8 Million
    of waiving Payton (depending on how much of a partial salary required). Rockets can bring the $122 million
    down to something like $114 Million. Around $15 Million to sign Gerald Green/Jeff Green/Trey Burke or Teague
    possibly Markieff or another PF to play center.

Markieff and Harden are close. Strengthens Rockets while weakening the Lakers. Markieff teamed with LeBron,
    Kuzma, Danny Green made for a very formidable lineup against us. Getting him away from the Lakers is kinda
    like getting Iggy from the Warriors. IMO.

*side note: numbers are just approximates. Cap holds and retainers not detailed here. I know all the cap experts are going to chide in. Lol. Bobby Portis will cost too much. Keep in mind that this is the Rockets and
    Harden/Westbrook by themselves cost about $83 million.

#38 ApacheWarrior, Oct 26, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2020
    fattz likes this.
  19. fattz

fattz Member

So true

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  20. roslolian

roslolian Member

Christian Wood. Even more than Ibaka he would be the perfect player alongside WB and Harden cuz he shot 38% on 4 threes last year. The Rox also had him before so he continues the string of "D'Oh" moments alongside Covington. Maybe we can do a sign and trade using EG the Pistons want to make the playoffs next year and they got Griffin as their big man.

Tbh a starting lineup of WB/Harden/Covington/Tucker/Wood is good enough to run it back.

D-rock likes this.