1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Daryl Morey Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Astrodome, Oct 15, 2020.

1. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

D-rock, AroundTheWorld, HP3 and 3 others like this.
  2. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Probably (unfairly) labeled as one of his biggest critics , but my Point has always been as a great GM he could employ a coach that challenged him rather than puppets. Outside of all that he’s just a good dude. I don’t say that about many people but since his time in Houston he’s cared about the fans and has been impressionable in many of our members including clutch. There’s a reason for that. People may not expect it, but out of the entire crew , even harden he’s the one I have the most loyalty to and the only one I hope wins a ring outside this organization. Was handed two shitty owners to work with. I also hope he finds a balance and realizes analytics should augment rather than replace

bmelo, D-rock and RyanB like this.
  3. travfrancis

travfrancis Member

He will be missed. He is a great GM. As a fan I could not possibly have asked for better work than what he did for the team we follow.

Sanctity, Vivi, D-rock and 2 others like this.
  4. br0ken_shad0w

br0ken_shad0w Member

Even though his last few moves have been un-Morey like and the Westbrook trade in particular (regardless on who signed off on it) will cripple this team in the next decade, he is still one of the better GMs and will be missed.

D-rock likes this.
  5. D-rock

D-rock Member

Daryl Morey may not be from Houston but there is no doubt whatsoever that he bleed Rockets Nation red.

He sincerely loved the game, the city and its fans.

I wish him only the best but it angers me to no end that China considers Morey's separation a victory for them.

Big blow to Americans and our core values.

HP3, Gray_Jay, MettaWorldPete and 2 others like this.
  6. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Also, in his first draft he managed to snag Scola, Landry, and AB. Coming on as a rook and drafting some of my favorite rockets of all time was pretty legendary. He and adelman were gonna make things happen. I really hope he reads this, a lot of us were hard on you Daryl, but because we knew how integral you were. You’re as Houston Rockets as dream, Yao, and Rudy T. It’s not often that a GM has such devotion to and from his fans and has his name metaphorically in the rafters.

#106 LosPollosHermanos, Oct 18, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2020
    slothy420 and jacoby like this.
  7. D-rock

D-rock Member

Need to honor Morey in the rafters.

8. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

9. HP3

HP3 Member

So in short Morey is an amazing GM. Thanks 538. People who think Morey was bad, please read that article.^

Victorious, JoeBarelyCares and D-rock like this.
  10. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

Only a Championship can make this one hurt less, literally everything that goes wrong until then should be blamed on this move. If someone gets a Heineken when they asked for a Budweiser, it should be blamed on letting Morey walk out the door.

tycoonchip, D-rock and HP3 like this.
  11. Vivi

Vivi Member

Can't say how much i hate that he's gone (although i can see why he did and can't really blame him), in my opinion he did an amazing job, he made following the team on and off the court more fun too to me, and he was still the best piece this franchise had, sad times indeed.

D-rock, Little Bit and HP3 like this.
  12. GreatOne1978

GreatOne1978 Member

Lacks human element. Players cannot play confidently because they feel they could be tradeable

Also lacking building team chemistry and continuity. Having a revolving door of players is not something to be proud of. High turnover in the real world is a sign of poor management

Also shows lack of player development when Morey is continually looking to make moves through trade...what young guy can invest fully into a team when there's no player development?

LosPollosHermanos likes this.
  13. D-rock

D-rock Member

So House shenanigans in the bubble was due to not being able to play confidently because Morey devalued him?

Sounds like a lot of BS spin for guys not willing to play hard for the huge $$ they are getting paid.

When did America get so soft and entitled?

Everyone should work their asses off like they can be replaced, because we all can.

HP3 likes this.
  14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

House did what he did because he is not yet a consummate bubble professional.

15. D-rock

D-rock Member

He is immature and selfish.

Especially when his team needs him the most.

16. clos4life

clos4life Member

Best GM in the league the last 14 years. We'll miss him as Fertits katows to the Chinese.

17. R=$

R=$ Member

Congrats Daryl ! You made the game better for the fans. You worked hard every year to improve the product and never afraid to change. Good luck and eenjoy your family!

BossHogg713, Sanctity and D-rock like this.
  18. MIAGI99

MIAGI99 Member

Yeah, going to miss the trade deadline excitement. Sad he couldn't get at least one chip and it's clearly not from a lack of effort, but it was time to move on from both sides perspective in my opinion. Good luck in the future and enjoy your time home.

daywalker02 and D-rock like this.
  19. D-rock

D-rock Member

Morey's influence and guidance will also be missed by Rio Grande Valley Vipers organization.

daywalker02 likes this.