1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Name an interesting fact you found out during the quarantine

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by RKREBORN, Apr 28, 2020.

1. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

You pointed out my mistake. I pointed out yours. Not sure how "pre-emptily" even shows up instead of preemptively considering it's not even a word. Blame the ads.

jiggyfly likes this.
  2. Buck Turgidson

Jennifer Garner can still pre-emptily my balls.

Fact.

jiggyfly likes this.
  3. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

[​IMG]

IBTL likes this.
  4. Roscoe Arbuckle

Insanely clever.

5. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

6. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

I still don't find her crazy attractive. Like she's cute, but not w-o-w kind of attractive.

Yung-T likes this.
  7. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

cfnet fact

most of us (except for FFB) have two lists of hotness. 1) The Hot, and 2) Wifey-Material Hot

If I remember correctly, I'm pretty sure Jennifer Garner is in @Buck Turgidson Top 3 list of Wifey Hot

8. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

That Bill O'Brien and Jeff Van Gundy are friendly. I was riding my bike around the neighborhood last week and JVG and BOB were standing outside one of their houses talking like old friends. I almost crashed my bike. Thought about heckling BOB but ended up just leaving them alone.

jiggyfly and TWS1986 like this.
  9. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

Ahh I see, I see. It all makes sense now :).

Two grumpy older men, sounds about right lol.

10. SemisolidSnake

Gonna take a risk in this thread and post a non-sarcastic, non-political, actually-interesting thing I learned. This is quite possibly the most fascinating, interesting, and informative series of videos I've ever watched: Building a computer step-by-step starting with a single transistor and basic electrical circuit elements.

By the end of the it, the computer comprises 14 breadboards and is Turing-complete, meaning it's theoretically capable of computing anything that is computable. I have never seen such a masterful progression through explaining a topic. Everything is done in hardware and programmed in his own machine language he makes as he builds the computer.

Go to this page, and start with this video. Work backwards towards present day video-by-video. It will blow your mind where you end up.

11. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

I've learned I actually enjoy working from home.

12. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

[​IMG]

TimDuncanDonaut likes this.
  13. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

DO NOT GOOGLE PORCUPINE QUILLS. IT'S BAD.

14. KingCheetah

Aubrey Plaza has had two serious strokes -- I knew about the first one, but she had a second fairly recently and has some significant permanent issues (she's only 36).

15. Buck Turgidson

Volunteer home health care.

Wow, no I did not know that. Something congenital I assume?

16. Buck Turgidson

Sitting on the porch with needlenose pliers after your dog goes and plays with a porcupine is not a good time. Zero stars. Dog agrees.

arkoe and STR8Thugg like this.
  17. KingCheetah

One was a blood clot at 20 the other was on the set of Parks and Rec not sure of the cause -- she's pretty much fully recovered physically but has memory problems and some confusion.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  18. KingCheetah

Was watching #1 network on the TV... Science Channel and they had a new show about the absolutely massive German Maisy Battery that was lost to history for around 60 years. I've read about it before but all the new HD footage and graphics was impressive -- how this enormous fortress was completely hidden for half a century is a real mystery.
    _______

British military historian Gary Sterne rediscovered Maisy Battery in January 2004, based on a hand-drawn map in the pocket of a US Army veteran's uniform he had bought. The battery was about 1 mi (1.6 km) inland from the sea near Grandcamp-Maisy, marked on the map as an "Area of high resistance".

Prior to D-Day, the battery had been recorded as the second highest D-Day target in the Omaha Sector group of fortifications, but the exact location had been lost from later records. Using the old map, Sterne was able to locate a bunker entrance amongst the undergrowth.[1] Sterne then investigated further and found additional fortified buildings, gun platforms, and a hospital. Over 3 kilometres of trenches were uncovered.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maisy_battery

jiggyfly likes this.
  19. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I feel ya, but it seems the PS is starting to show.

20. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Humble brag.:D