1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cyberx, aye Cyberx

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bleedroxred79, Oct 22, 2020.

1. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

You are not right, D-rock.
    About Rockets, I hate I am not a quitter.
    I know Rockets won’t win championship, every thing in a mess, but I still can’t help watching Rockets related stuff since 2002. I don’t know why. Seriously.

2. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

No future draft picks
    Team is short as a recreational gym team (too many 6’3” and under players).
    One star plays mostly offense.
    The other star can’t shoot 3’s.
    Team capped out.
    Owner doesn’t want to spend over Luxury Tax

He will find a team with:

Draft picks.
    Taller players.
    A star that plays offense/defense.
    Team/owner willing to spend over the Luxury Tax.

Do the Clippers need a GM?

3. D-rock

D-rock Member

If you are not a hater you must be the most miserable Rockets fan I've ever witnessed.

Every game thread you project the worst and every post you make feels like agony.

Why man????

TWS1986 and Reeko like this.
  4. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

I said what I think.

Just like I don’t like Morey and Dantoni’s coaching, I won’t pretend to like.

I love Rockets but it doesn’t mean I have to like all Rockets personnel.

I watch Rockets over 18 years but we still do not build a championship roster now. And we will not win championship in short period. What else I can say...

5. D-rock

D-rock Member

You post like you hate the team with a passion.

I just do not understand that kind of fandom.

Does anything about the Rockets make you happy?

Since you've only been a fan for 18 years I know you were not around for any of the championships by Olajuwon so you've been miserable like this from the beginning?

As a 18 year fan, I KNOW that this is the best Rockets team you've ever witnessed first hand. It's not even close. Harden's last 6 seasons have been near transcendent.

Only Dream's tenure (prior to your fandom) has been GREATER (the seasons prior with Moses Malone were also pretty special but that's even further back in Rockets history).

Verbal Christ, cmlmel77 and Reeko like this.
  6. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

I only hate those refs with a passion. Maybe you are right I am sometimes too negative about this team. Maybe I need to lower my expectations.

This is not the best Rockets team for me. CP3/Harden/Ariza/Capela/Luc and YAO/TMac/Artest/Scola/Landry are better than this team any day for me.

D-rock likes this.
  7. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Ya! Some people here are ok with mediocrity! Yay to mediocrity and being laughed at like a Knicks fan or Pacers fan!

LosPollosHermanos likes this.
  8. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Rockets have a good team, They could possibly get passed a situation where Clippers some how out coach the Lakers, and Kwaki can take the lakers to 7 games and win. But If a lucky rockets team could get passed Golden State to play the Clippers, and someway get past them in 7 games. But only if 1 of 3 things happen. Coaching, Defense, and No Turnovers. The rockets could possibly lose in the first round next year because how tough the west will be next year. If they play Gsw in 2nd round it only be because Rockets barely squeezed by the nuggets, and the way this roster is , i don't see them getting passed the nuggets next year as 4-5 Match up in 1st round.

The way westbrook was scoring, and turning the ball over didnt look promising, but hey he was coming off a injury. So this team , maybe can retool. But i think your going to have to package Eric Gordon and House for a legit 3rd star. You could name names, but i probably have to go with someone who could be a force to AD. I don't think small ball going to get you here either. Sure they can run the floor in the regular season, but whos going to be there to slow down the bigs in Denver and LA, GSW come playoffs? Andre Drummond for Gordon seems realistic.

But talking in what if's never really gets anywhere. Get a Coach, Get a Better Player. Everyone going to have troubles competing with LA, and i assume Curry and Klay will have to be the team to do it. Lets face it rockets have there salaries tied into 2 players, and lack real depth. Just not gonna happen, you can name this or that or pout. Maybe they can do it, but i seriously doubt it.

TWS1986 likes this.
  9. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Nahhh we Have James Harden who is the best offensive weapon. We do not have a good "team".
    We have a mediocre team and a stud at sg. If we had a good team we would be holding a trophy right now. F* the Westbrook injury. Even if he wasn't injured he's way too dumb to figure out what to do during playoffs and how to be effective. He's the team's anchor on a sinking ship or the iceberg that hit the titanic. 6'3 center pretending to be a pg. Can't shoot and can't make smart decisions = liability. We'll be lucky to make the playoffs. Grizz will be better. Dallas looking better, lakers Warriors Clippers and Denver guaranteed a top spot. Then there is Utah and Portland possibly Phoenix? We traded a shorter bad contract for a longer bad contract and gave them draft picks. That was beyond dumb! Everyone who thought this was Vernon Maxwell part 2 completely forgot that Vernon could at least defend and shoot! Streaky but when it mattered he could do it! Westbrook can not! If we want a good team trade Westbrook for someone who can shoot, make the right decisions and defend next to Harden and get a Center back. Until then, we're a joke!

RocketRed84 likes this.
  10. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Ya i can see this place on meltdown after getting a good record and getting knock out of the 8th seed because a possible bad road trip, where everyone in the west will have to have like 45-25 or better record if they play 70, or 50+ in 82. Ya so then it will probably eventually come down to how they will be able trade westbrook then, or Harden. I just think maybe now if you can put anything around Harden, and split Westbrook up, it might just be best to start over. This way you can at least get younger. I mean Harden has been here for 8 years, and had 3 stars to work with. Sure give him another year with Westbrook, but what's the point? Harden ball could be fun with some young talent.

If They want James to retire a Rocket, sooner or later there gonna have to scrap the team and get some young players around him, and then maybe a star will come on the cheap, but hell even clyde wasn't this expensive next to Dream lol, and westbrook is not clyde, and Harden is nowhere near Dream as Star Talent, hes a great scorer and maybe one of the best, just not proven winner.

This adds up and eventually he will get traded. Also that rockets team had some really promising young players on the team back then. Whatever the rockets do it at least Harden makes the game fun, Russell is pretty deadly superstar as well. I think they will lose alot of close games because of depth chart., and i see them eventually just where they found a place where they can just lay back and chill. Cause like Scottie said its all about having a good regular season here, and playoffs don't matter, just try to get out of tmac shadow and win the first round haha..

11. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

#51 Verbal Christ, Oct 24, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2020
    TWS1986, D-rock, Deuce and 1 other person like this.
  12. TimDuncanDonaut

What? People chat with their burner accounts?

If people have internal dialogues, why post it publicly. Twitter makes people do weird things.

TWS1986 and D-rock like this.
  13. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

I always thought of cyberx as cybersex.

Jontro likes this.