1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

When is Melanie gonna divorce Trump?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Carl Herrera, Oct 22, 2020.

1. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I think he'll be declaring bankruptcy in the near future. Melania might want to cut ties and take what she can before the creditors do.

Deckard and vlaurelio like this.
  2. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

If he does declare bankruptcy, I can see that fitting nicely into the whole martyr/persecution thing that so many of his supporters believe -- it fits with the "doesn't even take a presidential salary" and "sacrificed his billionaire life to save the country" talking points. He will, if he loses, become a tragic figure to all of us, but just for wildly different reasons and interpretations of the evidence before us.

mdrowe00 and Two Sandwiches like this.
  3. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Well, and I'm sure the Deep State will be blamed for his financial ruination as revenge.

Deckard, Andre0087 and B-Bob like this.
  4. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

It's highly unlikely he'll ever see the inside of a prison.

Two Sandwiches and B-Bob like this.
  5. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

He wouldn't ever declare personal bankruptcy. I assume he is structured through multiple corporate entities, any or all can go Chapter 11 without effecting his hidden nest egg or foreign money (China). And though legal costs could be a stretch, some Sheldon Adelson dude who can pull a million out of sofa change would probably pay for that.

He's gong to be a saga that just won't go away. Trump TV could rival Fox News, that could be a lot of cash flow.

6. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

She be best...

mdrowe00, Invisible Fan and Dubious like this.
  7. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Perhaps. Justice can be a fickle lady. He may also leave the country.

8. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Trump TV oh God I just had a vision of a channel spewing more lies and hate than OAN and Fox News combined. Lord help us all.

B-Bob likes this.
  9. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

It’s coming one way or another. Many think this is why he ran in ‘16, hoping to lose and ramp up a network.

mdrowe00, Invisible Fan and T_Man like this.
  10. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

She married a billionaire and got s president. She won her battle. Yall are silly

11. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I agree. I don’t think the DOJ will want anything to do with a trial where they somehow have to find 12 unbiased Jurors and the media circus that’ll come with that. Much less the global embarrassment of a former president on trial.

What’s most likely is state fraud and tax crimes that lead to him having to shut down the Trump org, stripping him of whatever US assets he has, and leave him with nothing but Mara Lago as a residence which the state might own and let him reside at.

I think he takes a deal like this to avoid a trial too but ends up overseas anyways with offshore funds from shady foreign countries who pay him to spew disinformation into the US media sphere. OAN seems like his natural landing spot next year with all the Trump time you can handle.... which is zero seconds of my time.

But anyone thinking he’s actually going to be put in prison is fooling themselves. The spectacle of a trial would tear this country apart and I think the DOJ and the Biden Admin would want nothing to do with that sh$tshow happening on their watch.

One prediction that is all but certain is Trump might never step foot in Trump Tower again and likely won’t own one single square foot of that building within a year.

No Worries likes this.
  12. Buck Turgidson

If "they" can do it do Donald Trump! then "they" can do it to the rest of America!!!

B-Bob likes this.
  13. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

My problem with this is that this sets an extremely bad precedent.

If a President breaks the law, he/she must face the consequences when they leave office.

And Trump as POTUS has sicced the Justice Department on his predecessor, his 2016 opponent and his 2020 opponent. Did that tear the country apart?

vlaurelio likes this.