1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Deshaun the Great

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Colt45, Sep 10, 2017.

1. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

No, I’m not making any excuses for anyone. The Texans as a whole, suck.
    But I’m not going to make excuses for Watson either.

And apparently this entire sub forum can’t read. I’ve said time and time again, he has talent, he is very good, but he is not elite......yet.

You Deshaun only fans need to get a grip on reality, stop making excuses for him. It’s not doing him any favors. Stop putting down others that are outplaying him.

raining threes likes this.
  2. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

The only bias I see is the Deshaun only fans here.
    I love the kid, but he has some improving to do to be worth that contract. He is no where near that level.....yet.
    I have to wonder why it is some of you make so many excuses for him. It’s a little strange.

3. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

What excuses? Watson stats speak for themselves. You sound like he is a bust, but his stats shows he is a top-tier QB that will continue to improve.

4. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

No, not top tier. The tier right under top tier and knocking on the door.
    The top tier is Wilson and Mahomes

5. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Yawn. Deshaun Only? What are you twelve? Reality is, you need studs to win in the NFL. I haven’t put down Tannehill once, dude is playing well. But the Titans have the best RB in football (6’3 250 runs 4.5) Behind him too. If Derrick Henry was a Texan, King Billy Bob would have got rid of him for the good of the Team. The Titans organization have a good thing going with Tannehill, Vrabel, Henry, Brown, etc.. It’s there job to get players something the Texans are inept at. There are levels to talking about football and why teams win the Super Bowl. If slobbering over Tannehill while low key crushing Watson because he got paid makes you feel better, go ahead. They are in two totally different situations. One has organizational stability and another great player around him and the other has chaos & a Team Chaplin running the team. Context matters. Enjoy Tannehill though, the man is playing some good ball.

6. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Low key crushing? Are you twelve?

You and the other idiots here can’t read apparently. You douches were hating on Tannehill to prop up Watson. I don’t give a damn about Tannehill or the Titans. But bottom line is Tannehill is playing better than Watson and the Titans are a lot better than us right now.
    I’d still pick Watson over almost every QB in the league outside of a couple and Trevor Lawrence.
    Also, the best back in the league is hurt. CMac

7. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

CMac ain’t Derrick Henry. Sorry. He’s a better receiver that’s about it. And I never whined about Tannehill playing well either. Can you read? But Why are the Titans better than the Texans?

8. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

CMac is universally regarded as the best back in the league.
    Henry is up there but not the best.

The Titans have drafted better and not made stupid trades.
    But it’s not like they’re some super talented team either.
    Texans have quite a bit of individual talent, I know that some here like to downplay the talent for a specific narrative, but there is some talent.

9. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Stop that TV “ universally regarded “ crap. You just said the Titans aren’t “super talented” but they rode a game plan built around the running of Derrick Henry that got their team to the AFC Championship game. He’s better than CMC, no shame Derrick Henry is the best back in football. My narrative is you can’t allow a Team Chaplin run the team. You can’t allow a mediocre coach be the GM, HC and OC. They have a rookie DC. All Pro players were shown the door. Ownership is inept. The Texans talent level is waaaay overrated on this board. The Texans don’t deserve to win. The Titans on the have more talent, better run & have superior coaching. I could say that about quite a few teams when comparing them to this Texans outfit.

10. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

I don’t disagree at all with how the team is ran, O’Brien set this franchise back 5 years minimum and that’s if Cal isn’t a dipshit. I might disagree with individual talent.
    TV crap or whatever, Henry is no where near regarded as the best back in the league. He’s had the best start to the season, I’ll give him that. But healthy CMac is way superior to Henry

11. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

12. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

If Deshaun Watson is "Not earning" his contract is Laremy Tunsil earning his? Real question.

13. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Lol, hell no

14. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Its problematic. Tunsil is a GREAT tackle - elite probably, but he is by no means the best at his position RIGHT NOW let alone of all time as his contract could suggest. The overpays across multiple position groups is what has this team in cap hell with no light at the end of the tunnel.

I didnt understand the contract honestly I think there was room there to negotiate and a good GM probably scales that deal down some.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  15. raining threes

If you're honest I think we all know why this is.

16. raining threes

Rodgers and LJ along with TB12 belong in that group too.

17. raining threes

Because of Watson's contract the Texans org is screwed regardless of how good or not good Watson is. They cant add top tier talent because of that contract. There's a reason that no QB taking up more than 15% of the cap has never won a SB and you shouldn't expect Watson to be they guy to change this trend. It's not fair to Watson to expect this of him.

18. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

So you’re telling me that the Chiefs don’t have a chance because of MAHOMES? So no elite QB will ever win the Super Bowl? Every Good QB is going to want QB Money, it’s part of the game sorry. The State of the Texans don’t have squat to do with Deshaun’ s contract & everything to do with crappy ownership. You can’t make a mediocre HC, GM, HC & OC. You can’t give away All pro Players whether you like them or not. You can’t pay &$10 million to RB who’s washed up. You can’t make a Chaplain the head of operations. There’s so much dysfunction that being worried about a market contract for a QB is silly. Especially when reset the LT market by millions per year. Also, you overpaid for a K, C, ILB, OLB, RB, S, WR ( Randall Cobb’s contract is just silly) and now you want pinch pennies? QBs get paid and will continue to do so. You have to be smarter with the rest of the roster. They no have no early draft picks, no HC and a preacher calling shots. It’s a joke. Ownership is screwing the Texans.

#2258 TEXNIFICENT, Oct 24, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2020
  19. raining threes

Mahomes will have two years to compete for championships before the cap ramifications hit.

Look at history of highly paid QB's and championships won.

Eventually I guess somebody will break this trend. If anybody can Mahomes would be the guy to do it. Or Wilson.

I dont know why you would want a team they obviously like want the org to do something that inhibits their ability to win championships. I dont get it and why you're hoping that somebodies going to break this long standing trend.

20. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I'm starting to think Deshaun should take advantage of that very mild injury and call it a season.