1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump - Biden Debate Part Deaux...

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by T_Man, Oct 18, 2020.

1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

And why wouldn't there be shy Democrat voters in rural conservative areas? I mean for goodness sakes I have buddies I served that sat that any Marine grunt who is a liberal is a traitor to the Corps.

Like I said, in Massachusetts you see more Trump signs than Biden signs. Trump supporters love being vocal about it. They embrace being brash.

Jayzers_100 and HP3 like this.
  2. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Short of someone dropping an N bomb or jerking off on stage nothing was going to change.

The election is 7 working days away. The turkey is done. All that is left to do is find out what it tastes like.

rocketsjudoka, B-Bob and ROXRAN like this.
  3. astros123

astros123 Member

I own a medical equipment company and talk to patients around the country and I have PATIENTS telling me about Trump and how much they love him. I think the polls are going to be wrong in the COMPLETE opposite way. If you see how polling was changed in 2016 you would see they shifted much more to the right.

The Biden voters are the ones who are the shy voters this time.

4. dmoneybangbang

Right..... And the US supermajors were investing in offshore and Cheniere Energy wanted to IMPORT natural gas in 2012 because we were still talking about oil scarcity.

How so? Being a top producer and exporter of energy wouldn't have happened without shale and Obama administration approved the facilities needed to refine and transport oil/gas. Upstream... midstream.... downstream...

I'm sure the Federal Reserve helped out the O&G biz with their trillions of dollars of injection into bad assets.

jiggyfly and fchowd0311 like this.
  5. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

On public lands. His policy is quite clear that there will be no more development of federal lands for fossil fuels. That's why the left attacks him on this issue because it doesn't do much.

6. s3ts

s3ts Member

I want to believe you, but I've seen enough BIden voters to know they don't care about paying more taxes.

HP3 likes this.
  7. dmoneybangbang

I don't agree with that. As a Warren supporter, how she would implement those programs was worrisome. I don't think Progressives have convinced Americans they know how to implement those things.

jiggyfly likes this.
  8. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

trump pumped out the usual stream of lies, just at a lower volume than last time. As @Newlin said, Joe Biden did what he needed to do. That's a win for Biden. trump? Spinning his wheels in mud. If the votes get counted fairly, trump is going down hard. That's a big "if." We'll get the answer soon enough. Maybe not as soon as we'd like.

9. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

Fchow you keep repeating that graph like it means something but it’s by two liberal university of Berkeley guys that think more taxes is great ...can you show another graph that is more comprehensive?

10. s3ts

s3ts Member

https://www.factcheck.org/2018/11/obamas-misleading-oil-boast/

11. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

From tonight's debate. Good bye Houston

Pistol Pete likes this.
  12. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

That's the top bracket including state/local/payroll/etc and before any deductions.

When I was in NY my pre-deduction tax was above 50% even under Trumps new tax plan.

13. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That’s exactly what Biden said in this debate. He said he would phase out fossil fuels.

Now that is technically correct that in the long run Biden will end fracking.

anyway I doubt this will have the big gotcha effect that Trump hopes it will.

14. Nook

Nook Member

Nah, normally it would be a concern but it is not right now and I live in one of the areas you listed. People right now are concerned about keeping their job, staying healthy during a pandemic and having someone that is competent and honest.

In normal times the tax issue would be a bigger issue but not now as there are more pressing concerns.

HP3 likes this.
  15. seemoreroyals

seemoreroyals Member

Keeping my fingers crossed and hoping the turkey tastes like Biden. Four more years of drama, hate, fear, deceitfulness and divisiveness that trump would bring is something none of us need right now.

DVauthrin and HP3 like this.
  16. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

I don't think so either. I feel like anyone worried about the fracking industry isn't voting for a democrat anyway.

rocketsjudoka likes this.
  17. Fantasma Negro

18. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

Houston is gonna be the next Detroit ...RIP Houston

Pistol Pete and The Real Shady like this.
  19. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

it's because democrats are better at fighting progressives than republicans. All their messaging is about saying they cant do something instead of saying how it can be done. Then republicans take those talking points and use it against neo liberal democrats that dont even want to pass those policies.

When the main argument against progressives, is they want to do too much, it's a silly argument. Just a few things would improve the country by ten fold.

20. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

In person?

Not sure you’ll get a straight up answer here. It’s a local board and O&G a small world in the city

I imagine o&g leadership won’t pry into politics of their workers unless they have an excuse to