1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump - Biden Debate Part Deaux...

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by T_Man, Oct 18, 2020.

1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

The 2016 election was much closer. What's up with Trump supporters and believing a sequence of one is a pattern? Trump win by a total of 77,000 votes when you tally up the swing state differences. That's it. The lead is far more substantial for Biden than Hillary.

Hakeemtheking, HP3 and Ubiquitin like this.
  2. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He has silent supporters. But he also **** the bed.

HP3 likes this.
  3. s3ts

s3ts Member

I keep trying to ask the left-wing O&G voters why they want to vote left and all they do is yell and scream at me because their feelings are hurt.

I'm not making a joke, this is literally what happens.

At some point I shrug and chalk it up to their age getting the best of them. You take coffee how you like it, I guess.

HP3 likes this.
  4. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

Biden forgot what he said about fracking lmao

5. fchowd0311

I don't buy it. I live in a place where you would expect "silent voters" in Massachusetts as it's a liberal haven and I literally see more Trump signs and attire. Trump's base embraces the inner troll in them.

astros123 and HP3 like this.
  6. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

Living in Mass isn’t going to give you any realistic idea of the silence voters. Trump supporters or not.

7. fchowd0311

Amazing anecdote

8. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is consistent with Biden has said - not more subsidies and no more fracking on public lands, but he is not banning fracking.

AleksandarN, Invisible Fan and HP3 like this.
  9. fchowd0311

This makes no sense. Silent voters wouldn't be in conservative safe havens. They would be in liberal areas where Trump support might be more frowned upon.

10. HP3

HP3 Member

Its a low bar that Biden cleared. BIden got in very good hits to him. Specifically on his tax returns and his racism. Even Fox News is saying this debate was a draw. Its not moving the needle.

Biden did good enough for what he was trying to do. He kept his lead. He did not get killed in this debate. There arent going to be any major changes from this debate and that means Biden is most likely going to win.

Invisible Fan likes this.
  11. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Don't underestimate the importance of the topic of Biden raising taxes. In my view this is a huge issue that's not getting nearly enough attention. When it comes down to who people vote for at the polls, my view is that they'll want whoever they think will help them most economically, and taxes are a big part of that. 401ks are a big part, also.

The headline over the past week that under Biden's plan, California, Illinois and NY residents could pay 60%+ taxes has been impactful.

This is a far bigger topic than the environment, race relations (which were quite bad under Obama/Biden) and immigration. For most people, those aren't deciding issues.

s3ts likes this.
  12. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

This woman is funny, man. lol.

13. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I am going to call this a draw because Trump will lose votes because he said it was good the migrant kids were orphaned and Biden will lose votes for being against oil subsidies. Guarantee those subsidies are untouchable either way though.

Both sides are mostly satisfied with their candidates performance and the moderator did a fantastic job.

Time to take a small break for the next 12 days and let the election happen as I grind through the COVID spike and spend time with my family.

14. fchowd0311

15. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/10/19/trump-victory-democrats-election-430013

16. Newlin

Newlin Member

I give Trump credit for not being a complete ass like he was in the first debate. I think Biden did what he needed to do. People can try to spin all this however they want. But, I don’t think the race was changed by anything that happened tonight.

17. s3ts

s3ts Member

He kept saying no more fossil fuels. It's like he doesn't know what that is, but just repeated it because people around him said it's good to do that.

jboslett and ROXRAN like this.
  18. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

I liked the latter portion of spending time with family mainly tbh

19. CCorn

CCorn Member

The silent majority is a myth. It’s a bunch of loud boomers.

HP3 likes this.
  20. Fantasma Negro

I didn't have any ****ing "talk" with my parents and I'm not a ****ing victim. **** you Joe Biden

Pistol Pete and ROXRAN like this.