1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Was Leslie "Scott Fosters" Stahl being unfair to Trump?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Carl Herrera, Oct 22, 2020.

1. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Oh, goodness, I hope you're not too upset.

Trump doesn't like his bull**** called out. If reporters are more pointed than they were four years ago, well, it's about goddamned time.

calcium likes this.
  2. foh

foh Member

yea. not upset. thanks for the concern.

i hate the dude and voted against him a few days ago. doesn't preclude me from seeing his point. interviewer is supposed to ask clear cut questions that are of concern to a regular citizen and call out misrepresented facts. instead, the interviewer made an unsubstantiated claim. - i only watched the part of interview that I referred to.

Nook and B-Bob like this.
  3. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

He said the economy was the best ever. She said, "you know that's not true, right?".

What's wrong with that?

He should have been prepared to provide a factual basis to any of his answers. When he is at his rallies, he continually spews BS without any facts. He absolutely hates it when asked to prove it.

4. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Dude everybody is unfair to the big baby b****

DVauthrin and Reeko like this.
  5. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I will and the polls.

He has been doing this since 2016, can they be any more energized?

6. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

So you were serious.

how is "you know that's not true, right" combative?

Have you ever seen a 60 minutes interview before?

#26 jiggyfly, Oct 22, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2020
    Deckard and No Worries like this.
  7. calurker

calurker Contributing Member

Facts tend to be unfair to autocrats and dictators, so autocrats and dictators tend to hate people who report facts. Gee, imagine that!

No Worries, DVauthrin and B-Bob like this.
  8. biina

biina Member

Trump is a petulant toddler - nothing new.

9. foh

foh Member

I actually stated that I don't watch 60 minutes - it has been a one page thread, so it would be cool if you took note of that.

If one person says something and the other person says "that's not true and you know it" without justifying said disagreement, it's either combative or childish in my book. She basically called him a liar there.

@bobrek Trump did go on to substantiate his claim about economy. I have mentioned it.

I sense some emotion in the responses, so I will have to just "agree to disagree" for now

10. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Contributing Member

“You know that’s not true”. The 12-6 curveball of interviewing. If he wasn’t so pathetic and dangerous, it might be funny.

11. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Trump should have had Pence bang some trash cans to signal what question is coming.

elrond, B-Bob, Dubious and 2 others like this.
  12. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

He was lying and it's about time somebody calls him on it.

Dubious likes this.
  13. Nook

Nook Member

They didn't really need to edit that though..... I am sure interviews of President Trump have been edited before to be unflattering, but in this case.... it stands on it's own. He screwed up, and he released it early and made a spectacle of it to control the narrative roughly a week before the election.

Trump is frustrating, he had the re-election on a silver plate, all he had to do was stop some of the insults and be more honest and careful....... and he just couldn't help himself..... he had the charisma and some ideas (appealing to black men) that were brilliant, but he just lacked self control.

14. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Many people are saying that asking Trump to substantiate his lying answers is totally unfair.

15. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

It's mean when a smart person picks on a dumb person. Unfair!

No Worries likes this.
  16. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Yes he can't control being a narcissistic lying bully of an *******

No Worries likes this.
  17. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

It's not even the right question. Stahl owes her viewers, not her interview subjects. If there is something unfair about a question, it'd be because she isn't treating us right -- by obscuring or distorting the truth we hear, for example -- not because she isn't treating Trump right.

But Trump is always gaslighting. And one typical gaslighting move is to assert dominance by setting oneself as the arbiter of good work. He wanted to suggest Stahl was doing her work badly because it didn't meet his standard. But he doesn't get to say if her work is good or bad.

He did this same thing in the debate with Welker. He gave her a qualified compliment on how she was running the debate "so far." And some media noted it like it was a good thing that he was gracious enough to compliment her work. But, it's not a good thing. Again, Welker doesn't work for him, and his evaluation of her work is irrelevant and inappropriate. He did it because he wanted to assert his dominance over the moderator.

Deckard, joshuaao and B-Bob like this.
  18. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

You know his claim isn't true though, right?

19. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Trump could tweet "he took a really big dump" and he will get 100K likes. Trump does have several million followers so a 100K isn't really that much when you have that many followers.
    60 Minutes has a long history of combative questions. Mike Wallace would make people break down. And yes the media has asked Biden about Hunter Biden including last night in the debate. From the clip i've seen of the Biden interview is that Leslie Stahl does ask him a question he's been avoiding and does a poor job on about stacking the court.

Deckard and foh like this.
  20. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Trump has always been full of crap. The difference is the reporters today don’t treat him like the lying BS’er that he is.

Deckard likes this.